Aeros Firmware 4.3.x

Yes, thanks, Brennan.

I haven’t been around here much, lately (life and all that). Did I read somewhere that you’re going to have more adjustment options for fade in/out times in a future release? Hope so, as with my really long soundscapes, I have to wait a reaaaaal long time for them to fade in when starting (can’t really use that, esp when it’s taking a minute or two).

2 Likes

I’m using the online wifi onboard update from 3.5
It downloads around 30% and then reboots, but stays in reboot for 30mins now :frowning:

@BrennanSingularSound what can i do?

Please write to support@singularsound.com with as much info as you can on your experience, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am curious as to what the rationale is for not doing it at the song level, though. That creates a lot of menu diving if one has some songs with and some without. Is it possible to have it so that can be toggled with a MIDI command, at least? That way I can load the song, and hit a button.

1 Like

This is headed towards much complexity and we do not want to go this route,

MIDI control is likely going to be the case, yes we will be looking into how we can make it as manipulable as possible without constantly changing it from the settings but it is not the priority at this time.

I agree with billvencil. The Decay function as currently implemented is not useful In fact, this does the same as the FADE function, no need to duplicate a feature with another name. Any new users coming from other units will be expecting Decay to work in continuous overdub mode. I doubt anyone will have a use for the current implementation. Hope this gets fixed soon. Until then, I will be keeping my DITTO X4 in the board, sadly.

I’m not really with you
Decay is a nice function
Can be useful to create a song:
You play a first track and the second with the decay and try a lot of sound, fx; chords etc…, to see if it’s match with the first track RATE on 100%

You can see what’s match with your song, play over a track any overdub that gonna mute the first layer as a background sound Rate on 20%

You are in live situation:
RATE on 100%, erase the track and you can play another one, and another etc…

Decay as nothing to make with fade or mute !

You are not into soundscapes, obviously.

I SIMPLY REPLY TO YOUR POST ON THE SUBJECT THAT THE DECAY AND THE FADE IS THE SAME FUNCTION.
And that’s not the same
Maybe not in soundscapes, but I know the difference between the two, it seem that you don’t

But we’re not starting a war, a forum is to help each other

Brennan, was this a response to my post? Just checking.

I think as long as it can be toggled with a midi command, it will be fine and not an impediment to work/performance flow.

1 Like

Hey there,

The Aeros does not actually create new layers at every loop length while overdubbing it just continually writes to the same file. This is an integral part to how the Aeros works and cannot be easily changed. We still will look into the possibility but cannot promise we will invest the time to change it to behave this way.

Thank you for your feedback

Yes!

The original post has been updated with Version 4.3.1

Did the distorted track issue get addressed?

Hello
Is this new version still a beta?

If you follow David’s link it seems to be the case.

I thought it was a mistake, cause this is another FW version , with nothing new
just removing a function that seems not working a this moment

1 Like

Hello,

Correct, this version should be stable and we did have to remove loop decay but only for the moment, as we have a major update in the works which made it easier to fix the issues for loop decay. A fix in 4.3.0 would not have been portable so it would have been wasted time.

Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Version 4.3.1 is now officially out of beta and is available for download over wifi. Links for the updated manual have been added to the original post.

A newer version with LOTS of awesome new features will be coming SOON!

5 Likes

The update isn’t working for me. On the installation prompt the update is called ‘v4.30’ instead of 4.3.1. The initial stages of installation proceed normally and I am prompted to reboot. After rebooting, the % on the ‘Update progress’ screen reaches 99 then stalls for several minutes without showing 100. Then the screen blacks out for a moment and the Aeros home screen appears with a prompt to install ‘v4.30’.

I’ve tried installing three times. The Aeros is behaving normally in all other respects and I have never previously had trouble with WIFI updates. I don’t have the means to record video at present.

1 Like