Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

I’m hoping the latest beta firmware drops soon I’m stuck in 5.0.0 and can’t load 5.0.3 beta from PC on to SD card. Im patiently waiting if it’s going to be awhile could use a card w/5.0.3 loaded be glad to compensate for the card and time.

I just downloaded 5.0.3 via Wifi on my Aeros. Very cool.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words! :pray: It means a lot to all of us.

Aeros firmware version 5.0.3 is now official and available for download over wifi! We updated the Aeros manual and posted a link in the original post :point_up_2: We also added a video overview of the new features :film_strip:

2 Likes

There is a bug with midi cc and Solo track on 5.0.3.

Tried updating to 5.0.3 with Wi-Fi but Error code 0,

1. Please insert valid update file using the sd card.
  2. Unplug ….
  3. Reconnect……

Tried SD card install. Both Wi-Fi, loads file, reboots and fails on update and SD finds the file but also fails on the update.

This appears to be a common issue with a lot of users and requires a re-flashing of the Aeros memory?

Yes! It’s here time to get caught up to speed. Thanks everyone at singular sound and forum community making a great product even better!

2 Likes

Hi Brennan.

I have 2 questions:

1, Is there limitation on how long can backing track be? Can it be hour long or are we bound to the 20minutes length limit (mono) or 10 minutes (stereo) fir total track length?

2, I never understood the information about exceeding the 20minutes limit by saving the song. Can you please elaborate? Does it mean, that I can record total length of tracks 20minutes, save, and then record few more tracks to the song?

Michal

Lots of great stuff in this update! Thanks for the continued work and support.

I have three small requests in future updates:

First, I (and lots of us) compose a blank template song as a base and build the entire song live. We will then erase all parts and build a new song from that same template song. In previous versions, the Lock state stayed the same. i.e. after we deleted all parts with a long Long press of the top button, the first track would stay Locked if it were previously. In this new version, the top track reverts to Unlocked and you have to slide out the menu to re-lock. Please consider adding this feature again.

Please also make the lock happen when you touch the screens green track button as previous versions. This is a quick thing to do on the fly.

Secondly, please consider adding an option to NOT view song details when a song is opened. Sometimes less is more.

I do a solo all instrumental show and work several times a month. The aeros is a centerpiece.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

You can lock a track trough the mixer aswell
It’s easy and handy ,without to bend down

And just checked and it doesn’t work anymore omfg !

Hi!
Hopefully this is the right place to post. I updated Aeros to latest firmware. The conversion of the song files on SD and Aeros internal popped up and I hit no. Tried transferring to computer through recommended route, said “corrupted file” and it abandoned backup or transfer. Tried about 5 times and it crashed my computer, twice. So I went to Aeros and put the SD card back in and turned it on and selected “yes” for all song files to convert to new project format. It said “converting files” and 30 hours later, still no conversion or at least not finished. Is it normal to take this long? It seems frozen and not going to work on computer or through Aeros to convert files. Any ideas are helpful! Thanks so much for your time reading this :slight_smile:

Hi I just bought the Aeros loop studio and I am enjoying it a lot. However there are a few bugs that I’ve encountered. I am updated to 5.0.3

1. I was using a Zuma to power the Aeros and it was working fine for a few days but now it will not power on with the Zuma it does a flashing blue under the scroll wheel instead of solid on. It works fine with the OEM power. I’m not really psyched about having to carry an extra adapter.

2. Fade to Mute is not functioning at all on any of the tracks.

3. Loop Decay only reduces the volume on the first track. Subsequent overdubs are deleted and only the original track remains with reduced volume and the last recorded overdub. For example if i record 1 track that plays normal, first overdub reduces the base track to 50% as expected, the next overdub deletes the previous overdub the base layer remains. I was under the impression from the tutorial video that it would reduce the base layer another 50% and the previous overdub 50% and would continue stacking like this. Which would be cool.

I am coming from using the EH 95000 looper. I want to continue with the Aeros because i feel like it’s potential is greater however these bugs are making me doubt it’s stability a bit.

Don’t know if this issue applies to all Strymon PSUs but you might want to reach out to Strymon’s email support and ask. Please let us know.

1 Like

Thank you this seems very relevant. I’ll try a few things based on this info and see if i can come up with a solution.

A pedal of this price should be used with the adapter it was shipped with
I have no had these issues and the team have done a great job and far more than I was hoping for

i use a cioks power supply and have absolutely no problems. i’ve got the Aeros and an HX stomp pulling from the cioks with no problem on start up at all. good luck!

3 Likes

How was the error code 0 resolved? Same problem for me trying to update 5.0.3. Same result when trying to reload 4.3.1. Wi-Fi and SD card load file but crash while updating.

Thanks!
Tom

aeros .bin?

I did update and seems OK. when using midi song select I get an error message that says:

main-midisongselctbyIdFailed-none-found-
the good news is that song does load after that and message goes away (phew!)