Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

Even with the Aeros set as MIDI Master, there are times when I just want to use the BB as a fancy metronome, and it seemed that with the hands-free switching the Aeros from TR + Out to Rcv + Off, that the BB would still need to be routed (out) to the Aeros (in) to maintain the timing/tempo when the BB is the “master.” At least in my limited MIDI knowledge, I assumed for the BB to send the clock to the Aeros when I have the Aeros set to Rcv + Off, that the BB MIDI Out would need to go to the Aeros MIDI In. :man_shrugging:

I update to 5.0.0 and it’s ok for now
maybe I’m wrong and maybe Brennan can correct me
But I think you can try to Beatbuddy out back to Maestro In (Maestro work as midi merge)

So you have
Maestro out to Aeros in
Aeros out to Beatbuddy in
Beatbuddy out to Maestro In

Aeros set to Merge

I’m not sure of this is the good way to switch on the fly between the tr+out and the Rcv+off

Hi Brennan

Normaly you can reproduce this
Set the cable like it must be and with the 5.0.0 firmware

Maestro out to Aeros In
Aeros out to Beatbuddy In
Nothing plugged on the Beatbuddy out.

Set the BB midi in channel like you want omni, or 1 doens’t matter
Set the Aeros as Master , channel 1
Set it to Midi OUT
Go to the default mode of the Beatbuddy, and you will see that nothing works

Now set the Aeros as midi merge
Now you will see that the BB default mode works

Now go to the Aeros default mode of the Maestro
make a 6x6 song
Play just 2 parts

Go to the default mode for Aeros to the play parts for changing parts
switch between the part 1 & 2
This start a recording everytime or not ?

Aeros midi out or midi merge start a recording when you change the parts with the default mode of the Aeros on the Maestro.

Best regards.

New Version 5.0.1 has been loaded into the download link in the original post :point_up_2:

Changelog is at the end of the original post above.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying, this is now reproducible

This is not fixed in 5.0.1 but we will look into it shortly

3 Likes

Great that this error has been reproduced. Hope to see this corrected real soon.

The error we reproduced was:

• if Aeros has Auto Song Part Change (6x6) enabled
  • If using the MIDI Maestro to change parts using CC:113 value 1-6 followed by value 0

The Aeros would start a transition on the next empty track in the song part you were transitioning to.

If Auto song part change is disabled, there is no reproducible issue when switching parts

We highly encourage users to try this version! This bug is only a corner case and should not affect most use cases :slight_smile:

We will have a new build with this fixed soon

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

Brennan, if you guys could make a way to where the beat buddy can transition the song part automatically on the Aeros in 6x6 mode, this would be the best upgrade. I like the count ins or intro fills and with the Aeros as the master, that totally gets eliminated.

Aeros firmware version 5.0.2 has been loaded in the download link in the original post :point_up_2:

Changelog has been added to the bottom of the original post.

3 Likes

:pray: :pray:

tested and approved
next part works good now
Thank you for the fix

3 Likes

Looks good. Thanks a lot.

Rock solid so far

5.0.2 Intros no longer playable

Hello
I installed 5.0.2 on Aeros today and was happy to see Song Select working now. But probably I have to go back to 5.0.0 because of the following problem:

Many of my songs have three parts saved as pre-production on track 1. When I sent the following commands with my MIDI controller in the given order one after the other, the song started with playback of part 1 on track 1. After the end of the first part, part 2 started with playback on track 1 and at the same time a recording on track 2 started:
cc43:1
cc113:102
cc41:0

The same commands now result in a different behavior:
Instead of starting with part 1 of track 1, the song now starts with part 2 of track 1, with a recording starting on track 2. In other words: Part 1 of track 1 is no longer played.

I suspect a bug. Is my assumption correct?

The consequence is that on all my songs the intros (part 1) are not played anymore. It looks like I have to go back to 5.0.0?

Kind regards and thanks for feedback

Roger

It is all good here.If this is the last update I would be satisfied with my purchase
Thanx for all the work put into this looper
Guy

1 Like

Hi. New to the Aeros and so far its a killer!! When locking a track in freeform mode and saving it as a preset the locked track dissapears when i clear the song with play/stop all by press and hold. So whenever i want to start a new song i have to lock the track manually. Is there a way so that my track is always locked no matter what? Keep up the great work!

Hi,
Same issue here.
I couldn’t find any solution to clear a song but keep a track locked.

I can’t move files from the intern memory to my SD card.
Am I doing something wrong or is that an issue?

Indeed, I dit something wrong!..…sorry

When using the BeatBuddy with the Aeros, is there any way that the Aeros can tell you which BB song was used when you recorded it?..or automatically call it up when the song is played?

Diving into 5.0.2, working towards learning possibilities and limitations of integration with BB - I see in this topic where a MIDI Out message can be composed as MSB/LSB/PC and sent to BB to cause the load a particular BB song when Aeros opens the Aeros equivalent song,…

Can the same thing be done for part transitions? Rather than cycle thru parts on BB linearly, I would like to be able to tie a BB Part to an Aeros part, by causing a particular part select on the BB, letting me do something like:
Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge,Vamp,Outro would be Aeros parts 1-6;

Song form ad hoc (shorter/longer/repeated choruses, etc reflecting audience engagement) example:
Intro(BBIntroFIll)/Verse(BBPart1)/Chorus(BBPart2)/Verse(BBPart1)/Vamp(BBPart3)/Chorus(BBPart2)/Verse(BBPart1)/Vamp(BBPart3)/Outro(BBOutroFill)

It seems that I could do this for sure now with 2 MidiMaestros, one in BB Mode and the other in Aeros Mode, with lots of fancy footwork.

It would be nice to bind BB Song Parts to Aeros Song parts by extending the additional MDI Out capability used in the Load Aeros Song process to the Aeros Part Select mechanism.

An alternate would be to cause a single MidiMaestro in Aeros mode to send two Part Select messages on randomly selecting Aeros Song Parts. This could be supported by convention of matching up BB Parts and Aeros Parts as BB1 == Aeros 1, BB2 == Aeros 2, etc.

Hope this isn’t all too confusing! I am deeply appreciating your work and products, keep at it!

Cheers,
jeff charles

1 Like