Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

Hey Brennan had sent me a SD card w/5.0.0 beta last month, I couldn’t open file and load beta 5.0.0 to Aeros. I’m having the same problem again with 5.0.2, I was gonna wait for it to get released and update through wifi, if it’s gonna be awhile could you guys possibly send me the 5.0.2 on SD card? Unless your ready to drop the release soon on wifi. Thanks for the great customers service!

By “couldn’t open file” are you double-clicking the Aeros.bin file or are you putting the SD card directly in the Aeros and then turning the Aeros on?

New Aeros firmware version 5.0.3 has been uploaded to the original post :point_up_2:

Changelog has been added to the bottom of the original post.

We’re very hopeful that this is the final version that will get released over wifi! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

Yes, there is a way for the Aeros to recall the song on the BB used when it was recorded. The way I do it is with the Aeros as Master and using LSB and PC messages. Here is the YT video where our friend explains how to set it up. It works great. Aeros Loop Studio 5.0 beta. Call a song on the Beatbuddy/Charger une chanson de la Beatbuddy(FR/ENG) - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you David for hanging in there to make the Aeros a great looper and live performance machine !

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback,

We may not do this but we are likely looking into sending Start when you tap the play stop all button to scroll in an empty song part. This way you could tell the BeatBuddy to Start without starting a recording on the Aeros but still be in time

Notice that pickup measures will not work here, they will break sync between the devices, intros must consist of full measures.

Could you please show us a video (send to support@singularsound.com) as an unlisted youtube video of what you are seeing, we are not able to reproduce your issue.

Also, are you sending all the commands at once with one press of a midi controller or one after the other?

There is no current way to clear the song without clearing the locked track, you could make use of creating copies of songs to always have a version you can start from scratch on.

Copies of the currently open song can be made using the hands free slideout menu

I believe you may be doing something wrong, there is no issue moving songs from one to the other that we know of, please send a video to support@singualrsound.com to look into this further

Yes! The MIDI Out Control settings in the song settings can have the MSB, LSB, and PC values set for the Aeros song, this will send these commands any time the Aeros opens that song. You could use this to control the BeatBuddy, change patches on a keyboard, ETC.

I don’t think we will ever do this, it is very easy to duplicate parts in the BBM itself and so you can map a BB song to reflect your needs already, an update is not necessary for the function.

Try this for me, follow all of the manual update steps except, but instead of turning Aeros off first, leave the Aeros on and tap the update option on a pop-up that will show once the SD is inserted and an update .bin file is detected.

This may or may not fix the issue, otherwise, it is not far off as of now! I’d say wait a bit.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Excited to get this onto WiFi!

So you are enforcing a limitation to linear structure and execution of the BB Song parts? Even though borh Aeros and BB can be guided thru non-linear execution of song parts from MIDI using MM in Aeros Mode and BB Mode?

In the spirit of love, I’ll try to simplify - I want to navigate Aeros Song Parts 1,3,5, 2,4, & 6 in that order, on some particular night differently than I might normally do. I would like for the BB Song parts to execute in the same ad hoc order, without tap dancing thru the sending of two different Song Part Select messages by toggling back and forth between Aeros Mode and BB Mode on a single MidiMaestro (MM), or dancing back and forth on 2 separate MM’s, one in Aeros Mode, and the other in BB Mode.

I would love to think that the MM could be customized to fork the Song Part Select message out to both Aeros and BB concurrently.

I hope I’m not just befuddling you here - the great user value that I saw in MM was the ability to facilitate ad hoc ‘random’ Song Part switching, and was hoping to see the ability to keep Aeros and BB in sync and switching to the same ad hoc song parts together, without a complicated pedal dance.

I’ll stop digging my hole now…

Cheers,
jeff charles

We are not looking into expanding the UI to handle this or further complicate how the Aeros or BB send transition commands.

The unfortunate reality is some things must be planned, they cannot always be handled on the fly

You can already control the two independently using MIDI, the possibility is there

Thank you for the quick reply. Of course things must be planned, I was just trying to pitch you my use case as a musician/performer. This is intrinsic to the RC-600 for example, where drums and loops are bound together in hardware. I’d like to think that I could realize this by a custom mode setup in MM, and I don’t have my MM yet - payday is coming soon though!

Your engagement here is greatly appreciated, thank you and your team for heroic product development efforts! Good show!

1 Like

Panning feature and a monster looper
I use a mixer so if it doesnt happen I can live with out it

1 Like

As it sets now I am totally satisfied and well worth the price paid

2 Likes

the download link takes me to drive then click download and it says can not open this file and opens media player, and says if i ne3ed help finding app that will open file. is there another link? no use sending me the beta update if your gonna put it up for release soon, bummed out i cant get beta updates from my PC.

Have you contacted support@singularsound.com for help? If not, you should do so.

From the way you’re describing your issue, it sounds like you have downloaded the Aeros beta.

It should be located in your user/Downloads folder and that once it has downloaded, your computer is trying to automatically open the file.

If you have a smart phone, try downloading it to a cloud drive (Google, iCloud, or Dropbox). From there you should be able to download it to your computer, rename it to Aeros.bin and copy it to your SD card.

Yea it was beta 5.0.0, I had to get it already loaded on SD card at the time from support. I just wanted to load the latest beta 5.0.3 but having same problem. I’m working with Brennan on trying to load it from a different device see if it works, if not I’ll wait on wifi release. Got lots of catching up to do lol! Thanks

Hi , I backed up my data to my MacBook laptop and installed the 5.0.3 beta and then chose the import files option on the Aeros but none of the files actually copied over. After struggling with trying to import the files in a variety of ways I gave up and re-installed 4.3.1 and re-imported my data into the Aeros but some files seemed to have data missing or be unable to record on . Then I noticed that I couldn’t record new files and some files would randomly disappear and reappear. So , I tried reinstalling 5.0.3 and all of my files seemed to be imported but all of them except one actually contained no sample data , just the names with a size of 0kb. I tried recording new files and had the same problem of being unable to record new data . I had the same problem using auto record where I could hear the audio but the VU meters never showed any input levels and when recording was triggered it would seem to record empty data for one bar and then freeze. By the way I was using the Aux input to record from and I adjusted all the setting as I usually do when recording from Aux but I was not able to see anything on the meters in either OS version after the first installation of the 5.0.3 OS.

Hey there,

I have some questions to better understand what is happening:

1. When you say “importing” do you mean converting? Can you please specify whether in both cases you used the word import you actually meant “converting”?
  2. When you say “none of the files actually copied over”, where were you trying to copy the files to? There is a failsafe in the Aeros when converting to keep all of your old data in the original “Songs” folder. This folder is in the root of your SD card and will only contain the original .meta files without any of the Wav files. This is to allow you to downgrade and “de-corrupt” a song you converted into the 5.0.x format. Are you sure you were looking at the correct place? The new location of your music after converting will be within the “Albums” folder and then inside the newly created “Songs” folder full of converted songs.
  3. When you say you were unable to record new data, can you expand on what you mean? You can send a video of your experience to me via DM using an unlisted youtube video
  4. “I was not able to see anything on the meter in either OS version…” I believe there could be another issue that is not related to the update, please write to support@singularsound.com and they will assist you with troubleshooting this issue.
  5. When you say:“…could hear the audio but the VU meter never showed any input levels…”. Hear it how? Which output were you monitoring from? Live passthough from aux in? Mind that you have to set the Aeros to show input levels from the Aux In in the Routing settings.

My theory is that you may have tried to use Aeros files from the “Songs” folder that had only the old meta files, and this is why you are experiencing issues with these files

Please let us know!

After the initial “conversion’ function I was not able to find the converted files in the Songs folder. So I tried to find some other way to import and convert the files but was unsuccessful. So I reverted back to OS 4.3.1 and had new problems with songs and recording seem to carry over from when I installed the 5.0.3 beta. Then I re-installed the 5.0.3 beta. I DMed you a couple of videos demonstrating the non-functioning VU meters and recording problems I am having in 5.0.3 .

Greetings,

I would like to report a bug. Not all the items are present in the “hands-free” menu and some of those present do not correspond to the correct function.

For example I tried to set a single item in the menu the “block track” but the displayed name is “home”.

This happens with the Italian language.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sorry , it looks like you were right . After my initial (possibly) failed 5.0.3 Song conversion I tried going back and forth to the old 4.3.1 OS but apparently the new versions of my Songs were still stored in the internal Aeros memory in addition to the Songs being on my SD card and I didn’t notice that I had 2 versions of all my Songs . Once I deleted all of the OS 5.0.3 songs everything seems to be back to normal when running 4.3.1. I will be careful to watch out for that the next time I attempt the update . Thanks.