Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XInKl43auQ is this what you mean (Aeros is as master on the video) I use the Maestro or The next part of the Aeros.

I have loaded up the new beta firmware v5 and I am excited by some great features.

One question I have is why the midi out options to send RPO and other start / stop midi commands is limited to when the Aeros is in midi master mode - that is when the Midi Mode is set to Transmitter? Significantly, when in this mode, the Aeros ignores any incoming midi clock and generates itā€™s own midi clock. That is fine, but what if you want the Aeros to send out RPO midi commands and transition commands etc. when also synchronising to an external midi clock? Is this not possible to feature? It would still be useful to be able to indicate externally when an event happens in the Aeros. For example I have a Midi Looper that loops midi that in turn feeds into an arranger (that provides bass and other sounds based on chords played) - I would like to be able to start that looper at the same time as the Aeros starts to record etc. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

That works, but I was looking to used the BB to send the transition even though the Aeros is the master. Not 100% sure why this didnā€™t work in my setup. Using a midi controller for this is OK.

Hi, Iā€™m stoked about the update. Iā€™ve been able to install it but Iā€™m stuck at the stage of backup. Iā€™ve tried three different Mac Laptops (with a few of the last three Mac OS versions) and also a windows laptop. In none of these does the Aeros show up when connected via USB. Iā€™ve tried a few different cables as well, just to make sure my cable isnā€™t bad. I skimmed through this thread and it seems that there was at least one other who had this issue. I didnā€™t see a solution offered. Any help would be appreciated. I donā€™t want to convert my files and lose access to them, so feel stuck. I guess I can still downgrade my Aeros Firmware, so all isnā€™t lost.

1 Like

To access internal memory, you need to remove your SDCard
Otherway the usb open your sdcard .

I couldnā€™t get it to work before I updated my songs (even with the SD card out), so I took the plunge and updated all my songs. Now some of my songs show as Zero bytes and cause the system to freeze (it just spirals on loading), but some also open just fine. Itā€™s not too big a deal as I have the important stuff in my DAW already. But, I am now able to enter into the file system via USB.

One issue Iā€™m noticing, which Iā€™ve never noticed in the past, is that my loops have clicks that are audible on playback right at the loop point. So far, Iā€™m recording Freeform and doing the auto-quantize thing. It works great otherwise, but the click makes it unusable. Anyone else having this problem?

Hello everyone ! Simple question: When do you think you can upload version 5 with WIFI?

Me too.

@BrennanSingularSound - I have a backup of my songs. Is is likely there will be a fix for this issue?

That is, when there is a final release of the firmware, can I restore the files and then reconvert them properly?

Will we be able to edit hands free the settings on the stop page? These are very useful and in one place.

To handle the issue where the scroll wheel is use to control volume on this page, perhaps we add a ā€œnavigate pageā€ (needs a better name) option in the stop menu that hides the menu and then uses the scroll wheel and buttons to select items (like on the home page).

Would also scroll up/down the stop page hands free as you navigate to the next time.

Bonus points for letting us edit all the items on the stop page that are ā€œsetableā€.

Whatā€™s the status update of version 5.0? Can we get an update of where you guys are at with the bugs and when we can expect a non-beta version?

Iā€™m pumped to start using this once the MIDI song select bugs are fixed.

5 Likes

You would think some one could at the least reply back to Joelstanfieldā€™s post?

1 Like

According to the manual, ā€œReversing is only possible using MIDI at this time (we are working on a new
hands-free system to do this and more without an external MIDI controller). Stay tuned!ā€ Does this update make reversing possible from the new slide out menu without the Midi Maestro? A backwards playing loop?

1 Like

I upgraded to the new firmware and tried to use the reverse function. The recording turned purple, as it should, and the sound waves could be clearly seen, but nothing played over the speaker. The original base track still played (top track in 2 x 2 mode), but the backwards guitar solo could be seen but not heard. Glitch?

You should not let the Aeros Start recording or Playback when receiving MIDI Start. This is very easy to set in 5.0.0, in the Loop Studio screen, press the down arrow to go to the second page of the Song Dashboard. There is a setting called MIDI In: Start with two icons, tap the record and playback icons to disable them. This way when the BeatBuddy starts it should not start the Aeros and it should still be synchronized, let us know if that works for you!

Thank you

Thank you for your feedback, but this is not planned at this moment, you are free to make a formal request in the appropriate forum requests category if you would like

We believe this is from the EXP pedal input being activated, we will be adding a setting to turn it off and have it off by default but are also taking preemptive measures like more filtering to avoid this happening in the future.

Still, these are only precautions because this does not happen reliably on our own units though it does happen sparsely

We do not give timelines or estimates on our software, but it is looking good :slight_smile: internally a great deal of bugs have been fixed and we should have something for you all soon.

You may have had the volume all the way down possibly? Did you verify that the volume was at 0dB by moving the wheel or checking the mixer page?

Let me know, thanks for the questions and report.

For the record, we never recommend using beta firmware for gigs you do so at your own risk.

This is something that is limited by the algorithm we use, if you would like to request a different limit you can do so in the appropriate Aeros Feature Requests category and we may consider it, but that does not mean it is even actually possible.

The songs settings needs a redesign of its own something we are tinkering with, for now we donā€™t suggest editing songs on the fly, better to plan settings ahead of time or copy(duplicate) existing song archetypes in the songs list or using the Slide Out Copy option.

Song Settings will probably become more hands free friendly soon, we may also find ways to Save hands free in the mean time

I will see what we can do for the info issue, not critical but annoying, but I will report and add to the backlog!

Thanks

I think that this is a feature in itself and should be a request in the Feature Request Category, not a priority at this time but I could see a setting for this specific behavior being useful, but it would complicate the usage of the slide out and has implications that could become complex

Long story short a midi controller does this pretty elegantly already, just donā€™t also set Aeros to send Transition while doing this with a controller.

:eyes:

We are tinkering with ways to automate global setting changes with less effort, we hope to have a solution relatively soon, but likely not in time for 5.0.0 to come out with

If you are especially keen on this specific feature, it is best to report in appropriate category

Would a command in the Hands Free slideout like Go To Albums work? Maybe in both the loop studio and song list slideout reallyā€¦

This is an interesting request, I would say the likelihood would be we make a new setting to send out the MIDI Out commands even if set to Receiver. This will not be available in 5.0.0, as we are finalizing the release at this time.

It it very odd that this happened we do not see this internally, would you be able to PM me the serial number of your Aeros?

Also, while an SD is inserted, if you could go to the Diagnostic screen in the Settings and turn on the active logger, this requires a reboot. Once you do this, please try to open one of the corrupted files or multiple of them on your Aeros.

Please then put your SD in your computer and send me the broken song files along with the log files not present on your SD, send me the songs that broke and the logs in a .zip file.

If you prefer you can also do all this and send to support@singularsound.com, but a PM is fine.

Thank you for your patience and your report

This is still happening yes, there are currently pops in the beta, but this is something we are working on as we finalize it.

We never suggest using a beta for recording or performance purposes, it is just to try a version we are currently workshopping. This beta in particular is intended to be an early version that has not yet been optimized, but the feedback we get is critical togetting bugs fixed faster.

Could you please send us the before and after of the song files that broke? MAybe we can diagnose something if it is replicable

Would you be willing to test if it happens the same way twice on your end if you load it all again? It would be interesting to know if this is a song issue or a converter issue.

It is being worked on constantly, you can likely expect it soon.

Thanks for the question

I understand your urgency but my reply does not speed up the release, I get back to users as I can but that does not mean you are being ignored!

This is not the manual for 5.0.0, that is coming soon.

Please take a video of what you are seeing and confirm that the volume in the Mixer has not been moved, we have an issue we are working on with the EXP pedal control of the volume.

Thanks all for your patience!

Remember thereā€™s just one of me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! and I completely understand. Iā€™ll make a video next week and post it here.

Yes!

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I will get back to you about the corrupted files. I loaded my first backing track, which is a great feature. This too is full of pops that are not present in the original file (when listened to on my computer, for instance). Is this also known to be a bug? Hopefully it will be resolved. Are others noticing this?