Aeros Firmware 5.1.x

Hello
Could you ask that lovely girl on Singular Sound youtube channel to expand this on video
Because I really don’t understand it

“Added the ability to send a MIDI Start command when the Aeros starts scrolling on an empty part: Sets whether the Aeros will send a MIDI Start command every time the Aeros starts scrolling from a stopped state. ‘Scrolling’ refers to the Aeros playing back silence in an empty part.”

Thank You

3 Likes

I’ve been using this feature. When it’s turned on, Aeros will send a MIDI start, as soon as you press the start button, even if there are no parts recorded, or even pending to record.

For me, this means I can run my drum machine before deciding to record a track.

2 Likes

Ok. It’s the same if you set “Midi Start record OFF” In this case the Aeros start without recording and is waiting that you start the record switch .

I don’t think it’s the same thing. Previously, there was no midi start at all when pressing the Aeros start button. (on a part with no recorded tracks)

I’m a complete Aeros Newbie. I loaded up 5.1 on new looper and tried to get backing tracks to work. No joy. after selecting file, the screen would automatically go back to song info page. No save, no waveform. I rolled back to 5.03 and it worked as expected. Reloaded 5.1.0 OS and backing tracks made in 5.0.3 work but can’t make a new one. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Also in 5.0.3 the louder passages are distorted no matter what Aeros mixer volume level or external amp.
Slow Blues.zip (8.7 MB)

Sure we can have a look into making a video about this! Thanks for the feedback!

Basically the Aeros is able to ‘Scroll’ in empty song parts when you tap the play stop all button, if you wish to start the BeatBuddy ahead of the Aeros you can set this setting on and send a Start midi message to start BB and also start Aeros in sync. Note that count in applies in this state, it is whatever is left of measure +count in #

This is not your fault we need to update the post we recently found (and fixed!) a bug with backing tracks not importing in 5.1.0, it was a clerical error of sorts not a huge or risky fix we should have a version, 5.1.1, up soon!

Thanks for reporting!

Please write to support@singularsound.com at your earliest convenience with some video and audio examples of what you mean, please also send them the files you sent me here

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

You must stop the song while the Stop Fade setting (in the Fades settings) is enabled. You can enable the fade stop setting with either the Auto or Timed option selected.

Also, you can always tap the Right Aeros button while a stop is cued to start fading the master volume.

Thanks for the question!

Ok Brennan I have it.
tx

1 Like

Hi,
I just updated to 5.1.0 and my pedal settings seem to be changed and I have no idea how to set them back to the way I had it.
The way I’ve always used the Aeros is kind of in a freeform way. I like me first loop to be totally free- just hit record and it starts recording immediately and then stop record and it stops immediately. Then all my next loops are synced to the first loop (or multiplication of first loop, 1x, 2x, 3x etcetera).
Anyway, the way it’s operating now is it’s forcing my first loop to fit in the grid. When I stop recording, it doesn’t stop immediately, but rather continues until the next bar. I can’t figure out how to get the pedal to operate the way I prefer anymore.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is just user error.

Okay, I seem to have stumbled upon another menu somewhere in the pedal that allowed me to get to the settings I was looking for. I think I have it sorted now. Looks like I’ll have to RTFM some more, because it was total fluke that I figured it out, haha.
Still lovin this pedal! Thanks for continuing to make it better!!

BTW… as a newbie, whoever decided on the info option on the pedal deserves an endless round of drinks and applause.

Well Done.

2 Likes

Does not seem to be a way in 5.1.0 to set Sleep Screen On. (Not sure anyone cares). When you set sleep screen On, the screen goes blank and you can’t save setting change. Also somehow my midi output setting got changed from midi merge to midi output. When I can duplicate the problem I will document how to replicate, and complain officially.

Sleep screen
can be finding in the handsfree menu I guess (if you have select it)

Hello Singular Sound People! Thanks for the huge update. Seems as if you addressed most everything anyone asked for over the past few years. I’ve been gigging with the Aeros for a couple of years now and It’s been great!
The new update is doing some strange with time signatures assigned to individual songs. I construct blank songs and use them to build loops live. “Song 1” may be in 3/4 and have a locked track and “Song 2” may be in 4/4 and have a non-locked track. I change songs with Midi during a set.
Because my “songs” are simple templates, I decided to remake the 6 I use after the update.
After the update, whatever time signature I set in one of the songs changes ALL songs to that signature. If I go back and change the signature to a different signature and save it, ALL song signatures are changed to the new signature.
Love the product, please help.
Thanks, Will

But it should be called play dead, because that is all it does. You can’t actually changer the behavior. After further investigation I think I see my problem. Sleep Screen can NOT be enabled as a system setting when set under system settings, but using the slide out menu for ‘sleep mode’ does blank the screen. I am used to sleep screen mode happening after some interval, and undone with some action. Probably the same misunderstanding level I had with multimeter not reading VAR, instead
of referencing a changing time signature.
Could someone tell me what ‘sleep screen’ is supposed to do?

New firmware version 5.1.1 uploaded to the original post :point_up_2:

5 Likes

Thanx
Sure is quiet on this form

All seem stable for what I am using the looper for.
No issues so far and I push it hard and use it everyday

2 Likes

Version 5.1.1 is no longer beta and is now available for download over WiFi!

Updated manuals have been posted in the original post :point_up_2:

7 Likes

Superb - so much more midi control - I love it! Keep up the great work :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes