Aeros Firmware 5.1.x

Impossible to install and update.
I’ve been updated my Aeros multiple times in the past with no issues at all.
For 5.1.1, the download finishes (WiFi), the chechsum validation is ok, I restart the Aeros with the green button on the screen, it says it’s starting the update and then after a few seconds, Error code 0

Impossible to update.

Have you tried using the SD method?

I don’t have an SD card slot on my pc unfortunately

Might be well worth it to buy an external USB media reader or see if you can use a friend’s computer with a slot reader.

If you have a BeatBuddy (BB) pedal you might be able to use that as an external media device by connecting it via USB to your computer and using an SD card for your Aeros (not your BB SD card!) to transfer it using your computer OS. I’ve not tried this so I have no idea if it will work.

You may be asked by support@singularsound.com to either send a video of the process but more likely to send the logs from your pedal (difficult to do, I know, since you don’t have a built-in slot reader on your computer).

I will try.
Any idea why the wifi update is failing? Otherwise, it’s a lot of technology used in the pedal for nothing.

Contact support@singularsound.com and see what they can do to help you.

Please circle back and let us know what it took to get updated to 5.1.1

1 Like

Try your public library. Most have computers for free usage. And free wi-fi.

I managed to get an SD card reader. So I followed the procedure and downloaded the 5.1.1 .bin, placed it on the SD card, renamed the file to aeros.bin

Same error, except now the aeros is stuck in update mode until I remove the .bin file I suppose.
Nice update I must say :slight_smile:

Check this first
Can you see the extension name of your files , on your pc ?
If yes ,ok there is a problem
If not and the extension file name is hidding than you named aeros.bin.bin in reality
I don’t know if you are on windows or not. but you can check this .
Go to your Picture folder, and take a look on the name of a picture
if you see for ex : Me and my kid than your files extension is hidding
if your see for ex: Me and my kid.jpg than your file extension is not hidding

Or try to rename just aeros and try to update

Please do not do anything else than wait for Support@singularsound.com to respond

We have a process for this, it is not the update it is your unit, thank you for your patience

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m a developer so I always display extensions of files on my pc. (.exe, .bat, .jpg,…) I see them all, it’s the basics. (using Total Commander most of the time)
So I’m sure the aeros.bin file was named correctly.

Kr

Mike

1 Like

I contacted the support, followed the procedure they gave me to factory flash the Aeros and I was then able to update to 5.1.1 via wi-fi.
Happy end :slight_smile:

The bug with the “count in” is indeed fixed :pray:

5 Likes

The updated printer-friendly manual has a bunch of blank MIDI implementation tables starting p.123. The same tables in the non-printer-friendly version are almost but not completely blank: some white text is visible over a grey watermark/background design.

I just checked both manuals and they appear to display properly; I first viewed them online and then downloaded and viewed them.

2 Likes

Hmm it looks like this to me. I probably have a corrupted copy, and Acrobat Reader mustn’t be properly clearing its memory and loading the new copy when I re-download it. Thanks for checking.

Try restarting your machine?

I can make it look like yours if I tick the ‘Replace Document Colors’ box, otherwise it displays correctly with the box not checked. Might be other settings as well in Reader that might change the display.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, I unchecked that box and that resolved the issue.

Dear all, we got a warning in June about a new Loop Decay function coming when firmware 5 was launched (continuously decay at every loop seam). When will this be released? Can you give us an estimate? Is it weeks, months or years? Thanks.

Pan feature maybe??
Is there any more updates this year?

2 Likes