Aeros: How to clear a 6x6 Track?

The title speaks for itself. I’d like to clear an entire track, not just the last overdub.

Thanks!

1 Like

According to the manual and the videos on Youtube, in 6x6 mode select the track, double click the right footswitch to mute the track, then hold down the right footswitch to clear the track. Unfortunately this doesn’t work, and so I think there’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

At the moment I’ve been able to create backing for a couple of songs, but if I make a mistake then I have to clear the entire song and start over from scratch.

In one instance I found that attempting to clear the track, then switching the machine off and on again left me with a cleared track. This might be an option until the bug is fixed.

I get that having purchased one of the first 100 Aeros Loopers I’m really a beta tester but I’m looking forward to this bug being fixed. It limits what can be done with the Aeros.

I’d add that this is also a problem in 2x2 mode.

Yes, confirmed last night. Even in 2.3.1.

-Brian

1 Like

So, it seems like 2.3.1 has caused a variety of unexpected problems. And, I am glad I have not yet updated. But, the real question is, how do we prevent this going forward? Many of the problems deal with core functions. What is Singular bothering to test? These kinds of problems cannot be the expected norm going forward, if you want this expensive looper to flourish in this market.

2 Likes

The videos on Youtube often don’t show attempts at doing the things we are trying to do. The one exception is “delete track”, where the Youtube video quite clearly shows tracks being deleted, but my Aeros doesn’t respond like the one in the video. I write software and there’s nothing quite like releasing a beta to a class of avid students to show use cases that I’ve missed. As early purchasers we are essentially beta testers, I think, but you are right, more thorough testing by Singular Sound would surely have indicated that the Aeros wasn’t ready for launching. I am hoping that things can be fixed without any need to return the hardware for updating.

There is a key sequence that allows redoing the last recording or the last overdub, but you can’t clear a track completely. With the track muted, choose overdub if you can. I was successful at this once, but I haven’t learned to do it consistently.

It would be great to be able to delete an entire track.

1 Like

I could not agree with you both more! Feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

It’s a new, powerful product, and there are teething issues. I don’t mind being a guinea pig, coz I’m sure the outcome will be even better than we imagine.

I get that, and I have zero problem being a beta tester, but then that should be agreed beforehand and the price should be significantly lower, if not free.

Microsoft has had us beta testing Windows for years :smiley:

On a more serious note, if you read back through the forum to its earliest days, you’d probably pick up that the BeatBuddy Manager was initially delivered without a fully working version for the Mac. In that case, patience was rewarded but it was a frustrating wait. Probably safe to say that history is repeating itself.

1 Like

The new update enables overwriting of a track. When the track is selected, double tap the right hand stomp switch to mute it, then hold the switch down for a few seconds until “record” appears. Then depress the switch in the bar before you wish to start recording.

Thanks, Singular Sound people!

It would be great to be able to completely clear a track without recording something new on it.

Hi,

I have the latest firmware and this is still a problem. I would like to be able to delete tracks because I often make mistakes where want to recreate my track with either more, or fewer measures. Deleting a track would also avoid having to wait for the track to loop back around before recording. I was able to delete a track, once, when I stopped playback and started again, but it was some ephemeral state and I wasn’t able to delete again after many tries. I’m guessing this is a code regression. I hope it gets some attention. Thanks!

BTW - You’ve got something funny going on with the dates on the forum posts. My post from 6m ago says Oct 2019 when today is 11/13/2020.

Hello, this is most likely going to be fixed by our reworking of undone track logic. We will not be creating a clear track/delete command for this reason. Thank you for your feedback.

This is not a bug, this is how the Aeros is intended to work and we will not be implementing a clear track command as of now. Please read this similar reply as to why and how you can get similar results to a clear track command:

I will tag this as not-a-bug for this reason

Thank you

@BrennanSingularSound Would it be better to move this to feature request (and remove #not-a-bug label)?

It’s a reasonable request, right?

Will keep as is because we will not be implementing it, and a similar request for deleting parts already exists in that sub-section.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Hi Brennan from Singular Sound. Not having a dedicated clear or delete track option is a pain in the arse. Yes there are work arounds but they are difficult to use and invite mistakes given the way i use the looper. This is especially true live when the pressure is on. It is simply not good enough as a product manager to unilaterally dismiss the numerous requests for this feature. You say you want people to use this product over boss and headrush etc, then take what we ask for seriously or people will give up on loop studio and move on.

I would also like a song lock feature so i cant actdentally mess playback up when using as a backing track player live thanks.

Tim

Just hold the Undo /Redo until you see “Record” in red again (the track is cleared but the waveform is grey and still on screen)

With the handfree mode , you can delete last entire part aswell