Aeros MIDI Commands

Request: (I made this one in another post, but i just discover this topic)
MIDI CC Messages for Recording source selection. Maybe iit could be one CC number/value for Aux-Input and another CC number/value for Main-Input.

Instead of that I suggest to completely remove count-in limits…
What if it would count-in endlessly until you start actually playing ?
Voids the need to change number of count-in bars, and as a consequence of the midi message you are requesting … while providing much more freedom…

2 Likes

Yeah, like an Auto-Trigger option

1 Like

I’m about to begin using a midi control app on my iPad to control the Aeros.

CC:41 will start a new track, but how do I stop recording and begin overdub on that track?

Hey there, that is currently not possible, we have gotten requests for users to be able to send overdub/record/play commands as well as the possibility of a MIDI command that behaves similarly to the RPO button on the Aeros. The former is probably more likely than the latter to be available soon. We do plan on adding more MIDI commands in an update soon.

4 Likes

Hello MIdi and Aeros masters! I’m struggling getting my Aeros to respond to my midi controller in, what I perceive, is a simple thing. I’m working in 2x2 mode. I need to hit a single button which will start a different song part at the end of a loop AND record a second track THEN hit another single button and have the Aeros jump back to the first loop and start recording a new track as soon as that song part starts. It seems it’s some combination of the CC113 (begin transition to next part) and CC41 (record new track) however it won’t shift into automatic recording when switching between parts. I don’t want to use CC102 (immediate song part change). At present I can do it with the buttons on the Aeros obviously, but I want a single button push. Got any guidance? Thanks

I don’t think this can be done with the current Aeros midi implementation.

First of all congratulations for all the work from Singular Sound for improve our machine with new functions so often

+1 to implement MIDI CC commands to control REC, OVERDUB, PLAY.
Of course like with CC-37 UNDO, with possibility to send command REC track 4 or OVERDUB track 3…

I think that for someone like me that is trying to be able to control some devices with only a midi pedalboard it is basic feature, otherwise you must have midi Aeros next to midi pedalboard.
Is not possible to lay Aeros on the table for example.

2 Likes

Well, you could string command messages to set up a record command after the Transition

try this, it worked for me!

the middle command is only relevant if using BB

Thanks for you input. Brennen, the suggestion about controllers CC102 followed by CC41 works well, however, the change happens immediately. I’d like to have the aeros follow the “end of loop” idea in 2x2 mode with a single tap. I’ve tried to use CC113 (change part) and CC41 with two different buttons on my controller set up individually for part 1 or 2 but it doesn’t work switch appropriately. Suggestions? And thanks in advance.

Hey Brennen, I have to amend my statement. Turns out that the controller combination CC102 and CC41 are not overly dependable. The combo will always switch to a new part and start recording a new track with the initial switch, however, hitting the combo a second time only seems to switch to the other part and doesn’t alway start recording the track. Weirdness.

hi
what is the midi command to clear recording as you can do when you keep pressing the stop switch on the aeros ? and what is the midi command to confirm yes to it ?
i would like to send that from my iPad
thanks

I use New 6x6 song command (you also can use New 2x2 song command), the result is the same since it loads the last used song settings.

• CC-34, value 0: Start new 2x2 song (same settings as previously loaded 2x2 song) and enter loop studio
  • CC-34, value 1: Start new 6x6 song (same settings as previously loaded 6x6 song) and enter loop studio

Odd, maybe you could use a toggle to make it so you hit the same button twice, not as great as a single tap but it is a workable option. This would be best in 2x2, like so:

We don’t yet have a MIDI delete command but plan to add a way to do this by MIDI eventually

2 Likes

So can I get some clarification on what you guys have accomplished and implemented thus far? There is a list of MIDI commands at the start of this thread. So those MIDI commands control the Maestro only, and could not control the Aeros in the absence of of Maestro unit?

I am like the above user in that I want to control the Aeros using my iPad . Currently I use Loopy HD and control it with a MIDI file that either runs in parallel with an mP3 drum backing track, or if I have a live drummer, in parallel with a tempo click track, freeing me up to focus on performing while record, play, stop, overdub functions of Loopy HD are run in the background. This works relatively well, but I have had some issues related to the various software components (some rare but frustrating crashes that result in lost audio and having to restart a song), so I would prefer to get back to more of a hardware based setup with Bandhelper running these midi commands to a pedal like the Aeros. I previously was doing this with the Infinity Looper and while the audio was more stable than my current setup, it had its own limitations.

Aeros would appear to be capable of what I want to do, but it all depends on where you guys are on the MIDI implementation. I don’t mind also purchasing the Maestro so I can have access to solid manual looping controls, as long as I could continue this generally bulletproof approach to looping that I have developed using MIDI files as a controller. Can you confirm this is possible and direct me to a current active list of MIDI commands that I can look over? This post seems to be a wish list and some “coming soon” info, so I am not sure whether you are far along enough that I can justify buying.

The latest Aeros midi commands are at the top of this thread: Aeros firmware 3.1.x

Thanks, but can anyone confirm that you would only be able to use a MIDI file to control Aeros IF you have the Maestro (what I am understanding is that the Maestro is what is actually MIDI controlled, not the Aeros itself)

The MIDI functions seem relatively basic and I would certainly prefer more live control command like overdub. How people use loopers varies so much from person to person…having a forum like this to distill commands is OK, but what if you just had a program interface to assign your own functions to CC’s? Loopy HD on iPad does that and allows me to use the things I need and skip things that do not apply to my uses. Just a thought.

Those midi commands can be sent to the Aeros from any controller, not just the Midi Maestro. I’ve sent commands to Aeros using Midi Designer Pro on iPad, and using the Nektar Pacer midi foot controller. Or maybe I’m not understanding?