Aeros MIDI Commands

I’m using Ableton as my DAW and would like to automate the levels on tracks in the 6 by 6 mode. You know, so I can fade in tracks without having to do it manually at the Aeros, hence freeing myself up to tweak my modular and so on. Or even, to convert CV to MIDI, to control levels from my Modular/Eurorack. Is this possible?

Hey there,

Are you talking about being able to control the tracks on the Aeros using CC commands? If so, that is something we hope to implement in a future release that will increase the available MIDI commands on the Aeros.

If you’re asking about automating volume into the Aeros, that is not something the Aeros is able to do, if you want to change volume going into the Aeros do you need to use either a mixer fader or a volume pedal before your instrument inputs into the Aeros. Volume changes on the Aeros are constant and do not currently get written to the tracks. That is something that we lead would like to implement eventually, The Aeros will not likely ever be able to handle written automation.

Thank you for your question, let me know if I missed anything

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m talking about controlling the tracks once recorded into the Aeros (I do have a volume pedal before the Aeros).

Once I get into the Aeros mixer, I can control the relative volume of each of the six recorded tracks, by selecting and then using the dial. It would be nice to be able to control each of these (meaning the volumes once recorded) by CC commands versus dial, as it could allow for all sorts of evolving sonic textures (for example one of the recorded tracks could fade in and out relative to the others, via Ableton/DAW MIDI CC automation). At present, if I want to fade something in once recorded, I have to do it manually from within the mixer (which does allow me to use the dial as a single fader, depending on which track I’ve selected).

If this isn’t possible, a next best thing for my use case would be a capacity to automate turning on and off individual tracks via CC versus the foot switches (which would essentially make it go from zero to 100 volume).

A separate question - will there ever be functionality that allows selected tracks to be routed out the Aux Audio Out (ideally, then back into the Aux Audio In)? This way, I could take select track(s) and route them into a separate send loop, for example a tape delay or something like a Chase Bliss Mood, to turn an element into a drone that I could then record into one of the unused six tracks?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, that is our intention with CC commands, ideally you will be able to control the volume live of the playback for any of the six tracks at any time. Depending on where we are with our mixer page re-design, that will decide whether we include the mixer CC commands in the next big CC command update.

Also, we are looking into routing of recorded audio to specific outputs, this will likely be part of a settings revamp which we hope to do soon.

Thank you for your feedback and your comments!

3 Likes

@Keyboardwizz @Johnyhorse there is not a CC for play but there is * Start (Real Time). Real time for start stop is pretty ubiquitous. for example my mpclive starts my aeros.

I know someone who might be really useful to you getting the midi functions worked out quickly and probably for very little trouble.

The guy who makes the RJM Mastermind who owns RJM Music. His name is Ron Menelli and He has taken the raw data from the AXE FX and incorporated it into his pedal because so many people use the AXE.

I suspect that there will be a ton of users of the AXE buying this pedal because it seems like a perfect fit once the midi commands become more functional. The reason most people like the Axe is for the sound of course and the simplicity of one controller on the ground instead of a litany of cords etc going back and forth from the unit.

Ron is a wiz at taking the raw coding and reinterpreting or tweaking for midi functionality.

Just a thought.

At this point I’m using your product on the top of my rack and punching in and out with a “free hand.” Thanks for making this product, it’s fantastic aside from the lack of external midi. I think this product would fly off of the shelves if there was a way to get the exact functionality of the pedal into customer chosen midi devices.

Thanks,
Max

2 Likes

What cc are you using for PLAY-OVERDUB-

OK so current midi implementation… I can select songs, take screenshots, and start recording the next part/track, but I still can’t PLAY or OVERDUB or you know any of the actual things I need to do to use the looper?

At bare minimum could we just get CC’s that mirror/replicate the hardware switches? That doesn’t seem like a big ask when I’ve had this paper-weight for a year now. The hardware switches are so loud it’s useless to try to use Aeros for anything involving a mic.

7 Likes

I agree. Stop updating the functionality of this pedal and get the midi worked out so we can use it with the gear we’re using.

2 Likes

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that the current state of the Aeros is not perfect for your set up, I hear you: the use of a microphone would be better with a MIDI controller, we also would like to implement the ability to use a MIDI Controller much like you would use the footswitch buttons on the Aeros.

This being said there are several things that we need to do, and they’re all important, but we must stick to a focused path if we want to get anywhere.

The Aeros will be able to do these things, but it is not something that we can work on right now. We are not currently adding any features other than lock tracks, which is just about finished. After that, we are fixing undone logic issues and full memory fixes. These are important fixes that we need so that everyone can use the Aeros with even more stability and refined functionality.

Once we get through these last major fixes we are moving on towards expansion and polishing.

Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the update Brennan,
Your product your timeline. I originally purchased this pedal for the purpose of using it with my rack gear so now that I have the product and there are insufficient midi commands available for utilizing with midi I have to wonder how I missed the fact that they don’t fully exist. A bold disclaimer could settle some of this but again thanks for getting back. I guess my last question is…when can we expect full midi capability for use with a midi foot-switch? Is this a year out, two months etc?

thanks,
Max

2 Likes

All I can say is that we are actively working on the Aeros on many fronts, the timeline shifts all the time due to the unpredictable nature of software, I cannot give you an exact date, I can only say that we are working towards getting to a MIDI expansion update. Because we want to include MIDI song selection in this update, this will take more time.

Beta for lock tracks is coming out today last I heard :slight_smile: so progress is being made, thank you for your patience and stay tuned!

1 Like

Wow nice one ! :laughing:

Or have mic go to another track?

Awesome well done! Prelocked?

+1 for the play CC, I still can’t loop handsfree without that command…

This really needs to be added to be able to play hands free!

1 Like

Thanks Brennan

I look forward to the next update.

Would be good to have midi commands that emulate the four buttons (release and press).

Allows you to move the Aeros off the pedalboard (or to back row), automate arbitrary manual steps (might need commands for scroll wheel if button nav is not implemented on all screens, and covers you when switches die.

2 Likes

+100 for ‘feet free mode’. Multi-instrumentalists will rejoice not being tied to a box on the floor ‘over there’.

We definitely have an interest in pursuing this!

1 Like