AEROS: sync to beat not measure mode

I mentioned this in general discussion but didn’t realise there was a board that includes feature requests.

I think it would be good if the time signature went to 1/4 (currently 3/4 is the lowest). This would mean it is effectively syncing to the beat rather than the measure. This would enable people to record things that switch time signatures, or drop beats or add beats to a measure. It would mean people would have to be quick on their feet to stop recording but it would be similar to how other loopers work (ditto x4).

maybe rather than having it as a 1/4 time signature, it could be an entirely separate ‘synced to beat’ mode, as the ‘next part’ functionality would be tricky. currently you have to click next part and then another switch to record. perhaps if this was combined into one click that moves on to the next part and starts recording

2 Likes

I can see value in that, working with a lot of changes in time signature myself. Generally speaking, the time signature settings should be unrestricted. Another example where something lower, such as 2/4, would help is when a loop contains maybe 3 measures of 4/4, but then the last measure is 6/4. Not as uncommon in music as one might think. I’m actually facing that exact scenario at the moment and my only solution is to create a loop that is twice the length I intended so that it’ll come out at the end of a 4/4.

2 Likes

We have implemented all typical 1/x time signatures is on version 3.0.0 on WiFi, but check out our beta 3.1.3

We’d love more feedback on this mode, we wanted to give polyrhythmic players a chance with it.

2 Likes