Auto play entire song

Hi, I like the BB as it is for jam-sessions, daily practice and would also like to have a play through function.
My idea is adding a column to each song (in BBM) with check-boxes, counters and add-field:

[ATTACH=full]1296[/ATTACH]

Two weeks ago two friends bought a BeatBuddy. They asked me to help with (translate) the manuals.
At home I downloaded the manuals, BBManager, Beatbuilder, read a lot in the forum, bought 2 SDcards, drumsets from the library - and 3 days later installed my SDcard (with 2 selfmade drumpatterns) - and - HIP HIP HURRAY - it worked perfectly.
A few days ago I have ordered a BeatBuddy at my local music store - can’t wait to have my own . . .
Many thanks for all the tips, tricks, tutorials :slight_smile:
OSX 10.10.4

@juke14 The idea looks great! I’ll see what can be done when I am into the firmware fixing. :slight_smile:

@Daef Thanks for the positiv feedback. I don’t know how much work and time consuming this really is . . .
A first step in developing this play-through feature could be the song-link with instantly playing the next song. Are the hard- and software fast enough to change to another drumset ? I guess there’s some real obstacle, if not, one drumset could be used in the first part, then another one . . . changing Tempo, Time Signature . . .

Or why not connect the BB via USB-cable to the computer / laptop / tablet and bypassing the SDcard ? Using the pedal just as a trigger-device . . .

Or pick up an old used Alesis MMT-8 sequencer for $75 or so and have it trigger the sounds of the BeatBuddy via MIDI. Best of both worlds: the higher quality samples from the BB and the full-song sequencing of the MMT-8.

Changing drumset can take up to 8-12 seconds. Very early development firmware builds (I actually haven’t even beta-tested them, they were even before it) allowed for seamless drumsets changing, but later (most likely due to technical difficulties) this was dropped.

Right now changing a drumset on the fly is really tricky.

I would like the ‘play entire song’ feature because there’s a pay website with midi versions of entire worship songs from which I could cull the entire drum track.

You have to wait for the next version of BB Manager. It is coming out soon. The reason is that right now there is a 500 note limit on the length of any section. Once it comes out, I have a gazillion songs to post, and I’ll likely do a How-To. My hope is that in 6 months, we’ll have 5000 songs for the beatbuddy.

What about recording all the intro…fills and transitions before hand on a multi track recorder…? Then you would have the whole song down and be free to play guitar without having to stomp on the beat buddy…? I just ordered a multi track recorder and plan on trying this…

Mike,

We no longer have a 500 note limit. If you look in Resources there are many songs labeled OPB. These are songs that play the entire drum and bass part from beginning to end with just One Press of the pedal.

500 notes max?! Shoot! Maybe I need something besides the Beat Buddy? I usually play entire tracks, but thought I’d give the Beat Buddy a try for the possibility of one day moving into some improvisational material :oops: Maybe I should stick with the Jam Man solo XT? :confused: I’m not sure how many notes my tracks usually have?

UPDATE: Just saw Phil Flood’s comment about no longer having the 500 note limit…

For me this should have been part of the MVP, having all the flexible options is great but to have the ability to play an entire song seems like a basic feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to being able to just play an entire song, for literally everything else is just nice to have :slight_smile:

I’ve actually not really used it because of this !

Exactly, for those that like the extra functionally it’s great, but I just want to create a setlist and have start, stop, skip to beginning/end :slight_smile:

Hello Friends,
Is there any movement on this. I would really really really like to have a whole playback option.
Thank you:)

I’m actually stunned it doesn’t have this option. It appears people have been asking for this for YEARS???

Many of us bought a BeatBuddy when they announced the feature as a Fall 2020 release. Hey what year is it now?

Such an awesome tool that is missing a definable feature. Like a Swiss Army knife with missing slide out tweezers and plastic toothpick. Is there any way of requesting this feature from Singular Sound? You say they announced it would be coming? Where did you see that? Are there any hack gurus we can pay to create a workaround?

1 Like

Still no Autoplay Function, or even auto change to next part? Are you kidding? After years of people asking for it?

The Beat Buddy is simply not a viable live performance product without this function. Some songs just require this function, period.

I’m so disappointed in this product and this company. Time to move on and cut my losses I guess.

1 Like

Agreed. Mine’s going up for sale.

I agree wholeheartedly, I thought for sure it would do it. A great workaround short term would be on the footswitch, make it so that you can just press once on a button to transition instead of the press and hold on the main pedal