BBMO Questions

Following Persist’s advice, I’m transitioning to BBMO. Overall, it’s a great product and should work well for me once I learn more about the product. I could use some help with the following questions and didn’t see the answers when checking the manual.

1. When using the midi editor, how can I pause the track and then resume play at the same part?
  2. When in the midi editor, there is a white background with white text so I can’t see the instruments. How do I fix that? (are there only two themes? )
  3. When adding a New Song, does it always go to the end? (From what I’ve learned, the answer is yes)
  4. How do you move a song within the folder?
  5. Can you click and drag parts? For example, if I want to change the order of the drum fills, is there a way to do that?
  6. Is there a way to delete the “main beat” in the parts? For example, if I want to take the midi file out of the Intro, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here’s the answers to your questions:

1. Drag through the editing screen from left to right and place the playhead where you want it by clicking anywhere in the editing screen. Press the Play button to play from the position of the playhead. See first screen shot, below.
  2. There are presently two themes, dark and light Could you please post a screen print so we can see what you are referring to? For example, this is what my MIDI Editor screen looks like:
  3. You are correct, songs and folders always get added to the end.
  4. Grab the song on the left (musical note icon) and drag to move it. You can also click on the 3 stacked dots to the right of the song to open a sub-menu. You can move songs to other folders.
    Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 2.26.49 PM
  5. I didn’t have any luck with drag and dropping song parts. I get around this by using the copy and paste functions of the BBMO:
    third icon from the left
    Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 2.15.30 PM
    4th icon from the left becomes active once you select a part and copy it
    Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 2.16.26 PM
  6. Select the part you want to delete and press the Trash can icon
    Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 2.18.07 PM
1 Like
  1. Perfect Thank you!
  2. Screenshot of editor (Running Chrome on Windows)

This is in dark mode for the theme.
  3. Thanks for confirming
    4, 5 AND 5 - Everything works beautifully!! Thank you

This is how it appears in Chrome on my Mac. Given that no one else on the forum has reported this yet on the forum, I’m going to guess that it’s possibly an issue with an outdated version of Chrome or something with your computer. Is the display okay in the light mode?

Only thing I can even remotely think of is when some users reported issues with their BBM displays. This is that link to their solution: Beatbuddy Screen Resolution Problems - #13 by BrewerGuy

If you can’t sort this out, it might be time to reach out to Support, support@singularsound.com to see if they’re aware of anything that could be causing this.

1 Like

You could test Arc, Vivaldi or Opera browsers to see if they experience the same symptom that you’re seeing.

1 Like