Beatbuddy and boss rc-600

Just got a BB a couple of weeks ago and now I would like to update my looper, so I’m thinking of getting a boss rc-600 to go with my BB.
Anyone know if there are any synch issues with the BB as the master and the rc-600 or any issues at all?

1 Like

I’ve never tried with the RC600 but I would hazard a guess & say it’ll be fine.

I sync my BB to a RC5 with the BB as the master & it’s perfect.

2 Likes

I use RC600 and Beatbuddy, but I have the looper as sync master as I find that works best in my application. I have also programmed the looper to issue midi commands to the beatbuddy so that I can start specific drum tracks with recorded loops. The RC600 is a beast … found a few frustrating issues, but overall it’s a pretty good combination.

Thanks that’s the info I was looking for as I read that the BB and the RC-500 have some timing issues, and was hoping the the RC-600 did not have the same problems.

I have the RC 600 and I spent the last three days trying to sync it with the beat buddy. Primarily what I’d like to be able to do is run the beat buddy rhythm and then be able to record loops on the RC 600 and have them all synced together. If anyone can give me some tips on settings and/or connections you would save me from pulling the rest of my hair out. Thank you in advance.

MOD EDIT: “I would love to know the settings on both sides of this issue.”

I pasted that last sentence from your new thread which was the same as this post. Please follow forum guidelines and do not double-post. Your other thread has been removed. Thank you

So much depends on the use model for the looper/BB combination, but as I said in above post, I use RC600 as tempo master and connect midi out from looper to BB in via breakout cable. I mostly use looper tracks in single play mode, so match track number to BB rhythm track. My RC600 control assignments as shown in the table:

I also have a midi maestro in my system so assignments 8-16 are programmed to respond to it’s programmed modes. Note that footswitch assignments 1-7 are non-latching so that rhythm changes occur on releasing footswitch.