BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2020?

@GoranGrooves I saw it on Instagram in the stories of both SS and David. But see it’s on the forum now as well.

How did the test with the new version go?

I’m not in any way associated with SS, but Goran sent me copy of the software last week. I found one fairly important bug when I was using it which I fed back.
As Goran said above, it’s basic in what it does at the moment, so don’t get too excited. I guess it is progress though.

Yeah, I’m not sure if this new version will ever do what I’d like it to do unfortunately. I’ll be using the old BBM for a long time yet I think.

1 Like

Since this topic has gone on for so long and accumulated so many messages, I propose that it be locked and a new topic started: BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2022

BTW, Happy New Year 2022 everybody!

1 Like

Or should it be BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2025? :grinning: Happy New Year anyway!

7 Likes

You are being generous.

3 Likes

More of the same, we keep getting promises of improvements to the software side of BB but no real action or results

1 Like

I’m sorry but I can’t help but wonder if Singular Sound is even working on this.
This thread started in July 2020.
And in a year and a half…nothing. Bizzare!
Last update of BBM manager was 2016. 6 years!! Sad. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I’m actually planning on buying a Beatbuddy and premium library… maybe with groovemonkee.

But have been waiting for autopilot to happen.

Actually I was kind of also hoping for the Beatbuddy 2.0… so I might wait until NAMM. But who knows…_

I have no inside knowledge, but I’m not sure that’s anything being worked on or remotely ready. I’d buy the device which is ready to use now if it meets your needs.

Personally, I’d prefer a single device with both loops and beats. Do we call that Aeros Beats?

1 Like

100% agree on the integrated device idea. I would rather not have such a high-end looper, maybe an Aero Light…and since the code it so well written and modular, it should be fairly easy to do. :upside_down_face:

The feature to import backing tracks and lock them from delete/clear wild go a long way. Just last night I inadvertently cleared my strings backing track and now have to hook up the cables and send midi clock to the Daw and Aeros to re-record it. I’m likely to buy a different looper to fulfill this function next week.

BB and Aeros do great things, but they’re a bit clunky with lack of features and the BB Manager circa 1994 GUI.

I want to love them and continue our relationship, but we spent so much time fighting.

So is this still a work in progress it seems that the main person that was relating the message back to us hasn’t replied since Nov. Has anyone tried to import whole songs as one drum track? Is there any issues with pausing?

Okay… I Bought the Beatbuddy and premium library. Now just waiting for autopilot….

1 Like

Wondering if the
premium library is ready for it … and if that’s a free update … whenever it is released. Same question for library content bought ala carte.

If the Autopilot / BB Manager Software issue is about money then I have an idea.
Maybe you guys can do a Go Fund Me (or similar) and offer the Premium Content to anyone who donates $100 towards the BB Manager Software upgrade. On the one hand, you would be cannibalizing your base. On the other hand, you would get people like me to pay for this because I am on the fence with the premium content until the upgrade. This might also allow you the resources to get rid of the black eye you have with a fantastic piece of hardware with less than fantastic software. In the end you would have happier customers who would buy more premium content in the future…
OR, you could just raise the money and get this done without our help.
Would be great to hear a real timeline.

4 Likes

Great idea but….
I have no confidence that they know what they are doing.
It’s kind of ridiculous that we are still talking about this so many years later.
What a joke!

2 Likes

Yeah, FWIW, getting the auto-pilot truly happening is something I’d happily pay (some reasonable) price for.

And it is also, so far, and probably ultimately, the key for me as to whether I buy the Premium Library.

1 Like

@DavidPackouz @BrennanSingularSound … any kind of updates you can give us? Is there any progress at all? @GoranGrooves had been trying out some early versions but there’s been no updates on this for awhile? Could you please let us know where it is at?

1 Like