BeatBuddy AutoPilot 2020?

Actually a true limited beta would be good. Where they can tell us what functionality to NOT to use because they may have known problems with that part of the program. (Well ok…. That is more of an alpha test version.)

But I bet they have most things working and just have some pesky problems with some functionality they can’t single out… probably cascading errors where they fix something and it breaks something else.

Hey guys. I believe that a new version of BB Loader is being tested, but I have not seen it yet.
You are best to direct your questions about the current development and plans at Dave Packouz. I wish I had more info to share with you at this point.

Neil’s post was directed at @DavidPackouz , but as you see he has not responded. Perhaps you could ask Dave to comment here next time you see/talk to/email him. Thanks

Hi @Neil_McCann we need to complete the BeatBuddy Manager 2.0 for Autopilot to be fully functional. That is in progress, but I don’t want to give a timeline on it just yet. It is one of our top priorities.

the longest update ever :grin::grin:

1 Like

I saw a copy of the BeatBuddy Loader software (what will eventually be the new BeatBuddy Manager), courtesy of Goran, about three months ago. It had a few minor bugs in it, but I would have expected that your software team would have fixed those by now, and you would have let us have it. You did say elsewhere that you would be releasing incremental builds. To the outsider this just doesn’t feel like priority development.

1 Like

Hi all!
I can’t understand, why this “autopilot” feature is so highly requested. I think everyone could implement this right now. You can make a MIDI file with CC commands that will change song parts, fire drum fills etc. You can do this in any MIDI editor, in Ableton Live, for example. Take the timeline, place CC commands there on the appropriate beats, save MIDI, open it in MIDI player, start playing this MIDI-file and send all to BeatBuddy MIDI In — that is your AutoPilot. This method works with Aeros too. I’ve been using it in the songs in 6х6 mode, and it just works. I was using Roland UM-ONE mk2 as USB to MIDI interface to play MIDI file with CC commands from my PC to BeatBuddy and Aeros.

1 Like

Sure, this can be done. But it requires knowledge of the CC commands, how to work a MIDI editor, time to actually create the “song”. Plus the added the requirement of having a PC (and USB to MIDI convertor) as part of your rig. One of the original Unique Selling Points of the BeatBuddy was that it is a pedal that just fits on your pedal board. And I’m guessing that Autopilot (if it is ever implemented) would be able to be overridden by pedal presses, if you decided to cut the song short, or repeat the last chorus.

3 Likes

If we were given a roadmap for the Premium Library songs (so we could import the parts in the right time into a single file), then that would be a tremendous help and would alleviate some users’ issues with the lack of AutoPilot.

3 Likes

I agree with this point. They’ve given us (sold us) Premium Beats for songs that they obviously programmed with, often, many sections, and then just left it up to us to figure out what they were doing. They programmed the beats so obviously they have the road maps for the songs. If they would release them, there really wouldn’t be a need for the autopilot feature because we would know where in the song to hit the pedal.

6 Likes

While road maps would be useful (for some), to say that with road maps that there “wouldn’t be a need for Autopilot” is untrue - Autopilot would eliminate the need to press buttons most of the time, freeing us to do other things. Or put another way: Autopilot is a Roomba, road maps is someone giving you instructions where to vacuum - and making you pay dearly when you miss a spot.

1 Like

David, following up, yet again, on this feature. Many of us bought a BeatBuddy and additional premium content based on a “feature release” advertised by you with a promised release date. Step up.

2 Likes

I had a dream that it was available and I got excited. Then I woke up and realized…. Not yet.

I don’t necessarily need autopilot for songs I know. But for songs I’m learning I like to listen to the beats and let myself “hear” the melody “fill in” my brain. Then I can go and start learning the song… fill in the missing melody. Without autopilot I just don’t bother with a lot of songs. Too many sections.

In my opinion there are a lot of benefits of the premium library, probably enough to justify buying it; but the beats for specific songs are mostly useless at this time.

But alas… no matter how many times people ask or beg for any hint of a release…. They provide no response. Not even rumors. So I’m going to guess it could still be a few years out.

2 Likes

It is a joke now. How incompetent can you be.
Get your shit together SS.

2 Likes

SS…you really need to give a clear & concise update on the Autopilot feature. You keep teasing it. One of your posts even asks us to respond to a poll as a matter of urgency regarding a function of Autopilot.

This was back in Nov 2020 :open_mouth:

Are you working on it? When do you anticipate it will be implemented? If you can’t or don’t intend to release it…then just say so we can move on.

I am reading some very unhappy posts and you seem to be doing nothing to placate the people who have invested their time & money in your products.

2 Likes

FWIW, I would happily -pay- (some reasonable sum!) for the upgrade that provides a solid working Autopilot feature.

It’s always tough on a company to try add value to an existing product when doing so has a very tangible, and sometime substantial, cost and yet will generate no new revenue.

So let Autopilot be a revenue generator! Just my $.02 worth …

While in theory this is a good idea, if the company is having trouble producing a general release the thought of them producing a solid, reliable release where different features can be enabled based on upgrade fees should be out of the question. I am not sure they have the manpower, skill or desire to manage such an endeavor.

Also, a company basically selling ideas with marketing and not delivering unless you upgrade even though you bought into the promise prior to the upgrade idea isn’t the greatest either.

I do sympathize, I really do. I have been waiting for the order of the BB song id to to be independent of the song’s location for use with an ipad and onsong for years. I wrote the original feature request (under a different user name) and got the “in the next release” over and over.

< INSERT DAVID SAYING SOME PROMISING THING ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE AND SS IS LISTENING >

<INSERT THIS ISSUE BEING REVISITED IN 3 MONTHS>

2 Likes

@DavidPackouz It would be appreciated if you would reply.

I was a bit disappointed to receive an email about a major update to the Aeros firmware, when we’ve been waiting for so long for features for the BeatBuddy. Features which have been “being worked on” for years.
BeatBuddy is the overlooked older brother - Aeros gets all the love…

2 Likes

Hey there,

Here is our latest response on this:

Thanks for the question

2 Likes