BeatBuddy Firmware 3.9.x "MIDI Optimizations and Bug Exterminations"

Hi David!
Quick bug report:
Since updating to 3.9.9 my BB often stays on the same song part after the transition fill instead of transitioning to the next part.

kind regards,
David

1 Like

This is also happening to me intermittently

When I first read your comment I misunderstood it. I just figured out the setting you’re talking about and yes this does exactly what I need. Thank you for your patience!! And thanks for all your hard work!!

1 Like

My pleasure! These are complex products it’s easy to get lost in the sauce!

That’s why we’re here to help as best we can, thanks for continuing to embrace the learning curve haha!

1 Like

The same thing happens to me…not constant and unpredictable.
the software is not good. i went back to 3.8
this phenomenon has been around for a long time. Too bad nothing happened to it

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bricked pedal during firmware update

I had a similar issue happen during rehearsal yesterday. Transition initiated but then stayed on the same song section. Happened about 3-4 times.

1 Like

We are looking into this, thank you, a fix should be available soon.

Thank you for reporting!

1 Like

Thank’s

Hi @BrennanSingularSound and @BeatBuddy_Support ,

Just by coincidence picked up that there was another BBv3.9.9.4 released in June … just to let you know that this version similar the previous 3.9.9 & 3.9.9.3 has the “truncated outro” bug (I sent files & already had a confirmation of the bug from @BrennanSingularSound a while ago) :frowning:

Downgrading to v3.8.0 solves that issue … can you please confirm that you are working on a solution - would like to use 3.9.9ff but this bug makes it unfortunately unusable to me …

I also had a problem with 3.9.9 regarding it changing the assigned actions performed but the buttons on the pedals. Prior to 3.9.9, pressing a button on the external pedal would pause playback and then a press on the Beatbuddy pedal would stop playback followed by another press on the external pedal to forward to the next song. After 3.9.9 , following the press on the external pedal, a press on the Beatbuddy pedal released the pause and went to transition instead of stop preventing me from advancing to the next song. I use the Beatbuddy for Live performances and I must be able to quickly pause, stop and then advance the content while on stage. I re-installed 3.8, the problem went away and the pedals returned to normal.

We are soon coming with a release with fixes to bugs found and more! Stay tuned!

You have to set the BeatBuddy in the settings menu (in 3.9.9 and later) to stop when tapped, this setting can be found in the Main Pedal > Unpause Behavior > Main Pedal Unpause > Hold/Tap folder and set it to Stop. This is not a bug, our settings menu changed a bit and may not keep settings as you need them across updates.

Please take a moment to try to ensure you make the most of the new settings available in 3.9.9, the scenario you are describing is possible.

An even newer version with more fixes is coming soon, you can also update to that one instead if you prefer.

Thanks for the question!

1 Like

Thank you. In the future, giving us this kind of information in advance of the update would be helpful. Once you start a band rehearsal and then you find out the latest update screwed up your pedal can be a problem.

This is not something we foresaw, so by reporting it you help us find possible fixes, this is also detailed in the new manual!

We cannot plan for every possible use case and so user feedback is a huge part of our process for improvement, so thank you!

I did not know of a new manual, is it available now?

The manual link is in post 1 of this thread. I have duplicated it below

'Rep

I would presume that current BB’s are shipping with the latest firmware. If others are like myself when researching new gear, one would go to the Singular Sound website and download the manual to see what the device can do and how it works to make a decision on a purchase. The current manual that I could find on the Singular Sound website is for version 2.0.4 which doesn’t reflect the latest and greatest firmware and feature set. To the credit of SS, the latest version of firmware is linked to the forum where it can be downloaded along with the version history (however not necessarily easy to locate as one of the recent previous posts conveys. If I’m researching a purchase of the BB I likely would not click a link to download firmware to to research a product. Historically I have not joined any forum when researching a piece of gear to get information. It’s been a bunch of years (2017) since I bought my BB and still Singular doesn’t have its act together in the details of making up to date information easy to find. :frowning_face:

Not always the case due to logistics of when the BB was manufactured (and loaded with firmware) vs. when the BB is actually shipped by the local supplier/sold to you.

It’s good to verify these things, but this is the very reason the Aeros has WiFi updates, to avoid this type of situation.

Thanks for reporting! This was fixed!

Fixed :slight_smile:

I use my external footswitch the same way. After updating the firmware, B2 plays the outro for some songs but for other songs, the screen turns red and says “Outro” but it plays a few more hits of something before it stops. A couple of times when I hit the outro button (B2) the screen flashes red and then goes to one of the previous green parts. I quadruple checked the pedal settings- no luck.

If I understand correctly, I should try reverting back to version 3.8?
I pasted this similar issue here from another thread/topic:

Bug in footswitch stop

BeatBuddyBugs/Help

Sep 13

1 / 2

Sep 14

5m ago

SimonWood

13d

I think I have a repeatable bug in the beatbuddy.

FW: 3.9.9.4
Footswitch+ (left is pause, right is stop)

Load a song with an outro fill, start, transition to a second loop, use the right footswitch to stop, outro loop plays and the song stops.

Load a song with NO outro fill, start, transition to a second loop, use the right footswitch to stop, it shows ‘stopping’ but song transitions to next loop. Press right again and the song now stops.

If you don’t do a transition (long press on main peddle) then the right switch stop works fine, if you make a transition then the stop button first performs a transition (showing ‘stopping’ but the peddle carries on playing) and then on second press it stops.

S.

Latest beta 4.0.1 is out now :slight_smile:

2 Likes