BeatBuddy Firmware 4.0.x "Playlists!"

Is there documentation for how to update the firmware? I couldn’t find it in the quick start or the manual.

Hey guys if anyone downloaded the 4.1.x version that was shared by mistake it is not allowed to be shared and is not tested fully, it has the potential to not be working correctly.

I have already deleted the comment to avoid confusion and we have fixed the link on the site.

The latest version is 4.0.1 but 4.1.x is moving forward and will be ready soon!

Thanks all!

3 Likes

Thankfully I only downloaded the newer OS, but haven’t installed it yet. It’s like a good steak: Get it and leave it fermenting during a couple of days.

1 Like

I still have version 3.6 on my BB. Is version 4.01 Okay now to install or should I go with 3.9? I see people have had issues with 4.01. I also have the 2019 everything pack. Have been playing with a drummer lately but might have to break out the BB again soon.

The one thing you will miss is pressing and holding the main footswitch to stop the song while the song is paused. I still miss it :cry:

I’m using 4.01 and press and hold on main footswitch works for me. You need to enable this setting, Settings/Main Pedal/Unpause Behavior/Main Pedal Unpause/Hold/Stop Song

1 Like

You also need to have start song set to release.

I think taking the update flips some settings. You just need to go into settings to put things back how you want them

1 Like

So i have noticed a bug with the latest BB firmware.

If playlist 2 is created before any other playlists, then all the content gets f**kd up and the SD contents disappear. (Only fix in this case will be ‘‘Export and Project to SD card’’ from BB manager project. It does notify that there is already existing project on SD card. But all SD card contents would be invisible until replaced.)

But If playlist 1 is created at first then all goes ok.
Very odd.

I am using latest BB firmware and latest version of BB manager on Macbook.
Could anyone please try and reproduce/replicate the above issue and confirm if it is just me.

I’d recommend to drop some more words about playlists in the manual: Nowhere it’s specified what to do to put a song into a playlist: not only long press the Tempo encoder to get the selection of playlists, but also use that knob for selecting the playlist and finalise the selection.

Let us know if you noticed specific settings

We hope we have already found a fix for this bug but thank you for the information!

Thank you for your feedback

When will the fix for the firmware be available? Reverted back to manual playlists in BB Manager in meantime after corrupting my card twice. Ugh!

We are working on it! We believe we have solved it and are working on other features as well for a 4.1.x update, stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi @BrennanSingularSound ,

I experience a very odd problem with my BeatBuddy & so far wasn’t able to trace the source of the issue … all of a sudden (2 days ago) switching my BeatBuddy on - I had no audio - neither through the 2 1/4" outputs nor the headphone output … everything else seems to be working, i.e. all commands from the Midi Maestro were received (Stop/Start/Pause/folder selection/time change etc) … just no audio through any of the audio connections …
I tried the BB on its own (disconnected from the MM) … re-starting the BB several times - no change … re-loading the firmware (v4.0.1) brought it back only to come back for the evening with the same issue appearing the next day …
For another test I then replaced the current SD card >> SanDisc Ultra PLUS 32GB Cl 10 << with my other SD card >> SanDisc Extreme PLUS 16GB Cl 10 << (I have 2 SD cards with the identical content in case a SD goes down during a gig) & funny enough that seemed to solve the no audio issue - for now …

Just a bit nervous as I have several important gigs coming up where I heavily rely on the BB …

The SanDisc Ultra 32GB was working for the last 12 months without an issue - have you @BrennanSingularSound or anyone in the community had a similar issue?

Just wondering if that is a possible software issue with 4.0.1 …

Cheers,
Wolf

Probably should start this off by suggesting you contact support@singularsound.com for help.

Assuming that you also tested your patch cables, two things to try out:

• Format the SD card that’s giving you problems and export your project from the b.bm to the card.
  • If this resolves your issue, no need to try the second step which would be to revert to a previous version of the BeatBuddy (BB) firmware.
1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply @persist - yes, the first things I tried were patch cables & all other connections - all good … I will try this now & let you know if it works … though the SD being faulty kind of make no sense as it is loading & “playing” all folders & songs - without audio??? But - who knows :slight_smile:

Anyway - I will try your suggestion & report back …

Cheers,
Wolf

I agree and with the symptoms as you’ve described them, it’s usually a harbinger of a potential hardware problem and that’s why Support would have more insights to your issue. Hope it turns out to be one of the simple things I suggested.

Good luck and hope you regain full and reliable audio output from your pedal.

1 Like

Cheers @persist - just before I formatted the “culprit”(?) SD card I swapped into the BB & low & behold - no Audio … back to my other SD card - audio … so, maybe it is the SD card after all … re-formatted SD card - loaded the content via BBM … inserted into the BB and so far - audio … though - further testing over the next day or so - not trusting this yet :slight_smile:

Hope it’s something that simple.

1 Like