BeatBuddy Firmware Update! Control how drunk your BeatBuddy gets and more! Version 1.85

@RaineMakerMusic - you need “something” capable of sending MIDI codes to the BB. The something could in theory be a DAW, phone, tablet, programmable MIDI controller, or another MIDI capable device.

Hi to everyone. I have a huge problem with my BB pedal.
I think is the same @marclr17 problem.
I have my BB connected to a midi lopper controller (Boss ES-8) and to some strymond pedals and to the infinity looper thougth a quadramidi.
My BB is the clock master to all the pedals. To use the looper controller to control the BB thougth MIDI IN i need to configure my BB midi out in Merge. But if i configured like this the B.P.M. is constantly changing (for example if the BB is in 120 bpm, i can see in the rest of the pedals 117, then 123, then 120 and so and so) and is imposible to make a loop in the infinity and keep the loop in the exact same tempo of the BB.
If i configured my BB in the first ot the chain as a MIDI Out and not Merge the B.P.M. is perfect in the loopers etc but i can not use the Midi controller to controll the BB.
So like these the BB don´t have any MIDI IN use.
So, in BB MIDI Merge the tempo is not sending out a constant fixed tempo. These is very very uncomfortable (or imposible) if you pretend to use a looper.
So, something is wrong in the firmewire because we are some people with the same problem.
Please help.
Thanks a lot for answering.
Chema

My ideal connection is:
Boss ES-8 (looper) out -to- BB in.
BB out (in merge)(as a clock master) -to- quadra thru in - and from here to the rest of the pedals (including the ES-8 in and the infinity looper.
In these (merge) configuration the BB it change all the time producing change on other midi clock slave stuff connected behind the BB!!

I´m using like these to make loops in the infinity.

The BB as the first of the Chain in OUT configuration (not merge) (there is no way to use the BB as Midi in like these) the the time of the rest of the pedals they remain constant…

Hi to everyone.
[SIZE=4]DavidPackouz[/SIZE] I have a huge problem with my BB pedal.
I think is the same[SIZE=4] marclr17[/SIZE] problem.
I have my BB connected to a midi lopper controller (Boss ES-8) and to some strymond pedals and to the infinity looper thougth a quadramidi.
My BB is the clock master to all the pedals. To use the looper controller to control the BB thougth MIDI IN i need to configure my BB midi out in Merge. But if i configured like this the B.P.M. is constantly changing (for example if the BB is in 120 bpm, i can see in the rest of the pedals 117, then 123, then 120 and so and so) and is imposible to make a loop in the infinity and keep the loop in the exact same tempo of the BB.
If i configured my BB in the first ot the chain as a MIDI Out and not Merge the B.P.M. is perfect in the loopers etc but i can not use the Midi controller to controll the BB.
So like these the BB don´t have any MIDI IN use.
So, in BB MIDI Merge the tempo is not sending out a constant fixed tempo. These is very very uncomfortable (or imposible) if you pretend to use a looper.
So, something is wrong in the firmewire Merge configuration.

My ideal connection is:
Boss ES-8 (looper) out -to- BB in.
BB out (in merge)(as a clock master) -to- quadra thru in - and from here to the rest of the pedals (including the ES-8 in and the infinity looper.
In these (merge) configuration the BB it change all the time producing change on other midi clock slave stuff connected behind the BB!!

I’m obligated to use like these to make loops in the infinity.
The BB as the first of the Chain in OUT configuration (not merge) (there is no way to use the BB as Midi in like these) and the the time of the rest of the pedals they remain constant…

Please help.
Thanks a lot for answering.
Chema

Hi Adamixoye, here is my setup :
Yamaha MFC-10 (midi out) => (midi in) BB (midi out) => (midi in) looper EHX 45000
Thanks,
Marc

Hi Chema,
You have EXACTLY the same problem as me.
But you explain better :slight_smile: (I’m French)
So, midi Merge new function don’t work : tempo send by the BB is not constant on OUT.
Hope will be fix soon, because BB can’t be used in a midi chain setup.
Regards,
Marc

@marclr17[/USER] and [USER=6511]@yosoychema

Thanks for more info on your setups. What data is being sent to the Beat Buddy (from the MFC-10 and ES-8) that you need to merge with the Beat Buddy? I am sending data from a Guitar Wing and iPad into a PUC+, to the Beat Buddy and merged, and I have not seen the issues with tempo instability that you are reporting.

Hi,
SImple CC and PC. But tempo problem too as nothing send too.
MFC-10 don’t send midi clock. It can only send PC, CC, Note on/off, After touch, Pitch bend, SysexSong select, System Réal Time. : command (not clock), Aux.
(See p. 31 manual MFC-10)
Adam, how do you test the tempo ? Me : record à single long note loop (guitar or synth) and use my ear : note freq is not stable, like à unconstant vibrato…
Marc

I¨m Merge trougth the BB all the datas from the ES-8 wich is CC and Pc datas.
For now i´m using the BB the first of the chain in MIDI OUT where the clock is stable. So i cant use the MIDI IN until they fix it.
If i use the Midi Merge and there is no mid in conexions in the BB, the clock is also stable. The problem come in the moment where the BB is Merging datas. In all cases. With one or several pedals. I tied many configurations and always the same inestable clock.
I hope they will fixed early.
Thanks

Exactly the same for me.

[SIZE=4]Adamixoye
Please try to fix these MIDI MERGE problem cause we are half using our BB.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Thanks a lot.[/SIZE]

@scudd[/USER] and [USER=7145]@The Big E This is getting more and more confusing. I need a DRAWN diagram or a video. But I do thank you for the reply’s! :slight_smile:

My outro is not working on my footswitch…i updated…whats the deal? help.

Is that the outro triggered from the main pedal or the external footswitch. If the latter run the footswitch detector and reconfigure you pedal, if the former check the settings on the pedal. Please explain what you are trying to do.

Can YOU provide a diagram of how you have everything hooked up now and a description of what you want to do?

I am not affiliated with Beat Buddy in any official capacity, and I cannot fix anything.

However, I do make extensive use of MIDI Merge—without the problems you are describing—so I was asked by David P. and Beat Buddy support to try to see if I could replicate the problem, but I have not been able to. I am not sure what is going on because it doesn’t sound like you are doing anything differently than me, only using different devices.

@RaineMakerMusic - Using software to send MIDI commands from one device to another isn’t something I can “draw” for you, or even video. It’s simply two devices communicating with eachother in a language they both understand.

For example: My BB is connected to a VL3 via a MIDI cable. The BB sends MIDI commands via it’s MIDI output, and the VL3 receives them via it’s MIDI input. That is about as basic as it gets. BB -----> VL3. It’s easy because the MIDI interfaces and soft/firmware are built into the devices.

If you want to send your own MIDI commands to a device like the BB, you first need to find a common hardware interface, usually a cable, that will connect both devices. Then you need software. For example, you might use your personal computer running some DAW software to send MIDI commands to the BB. Most DAW applications have that capability. You can also find apps for phones and tablets that have the same capability, but again, you need a way to interface the two devices. The interfaces you chose to use are entirely up to you as there are often multiple ways to accomplish the same task, but not every interface is compatible with all devices. Frustrating yes. Excessive learning curve, yes. Do-able, absolutely.

Here are some typical chains as I like to envision them:

Computer -----> software interface ------> hardware Interface ----> BB
Phone -----> software interface----> hardware interface ------> BB
BB -------> hardware interface ------> software interface -----> computer

Sorry Adamixoye the BB contact the tell me your name by mail and i thougth you work for they. Sorry.
It´s ovius that the BB is not working fine in MIDI Merge with some different devices, may be with your devices is work fine. Lucky you. So We´ll wait until they make a new beta firmewire with these problem fixed. For now i have no midi in conettion to avoid probems of clock.
Thanks for your answers.

I have the external switch from beat buddy and since I updated last night…the external pedal will not do an outro fill…No matter which button i assign it too …so…what do i do?

Got it working