BeatBuddy Loader Software (Version 1.0.x)

No worky here… Program ‘not responding’ when attempting to open any of the functions. SD Card with BB data on it was inserted into card reader on PC and showed in Explorer. Avast deemed the installer and uninstaller suspicious, but finally gave it a pass.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16gb RAM
BB v3.8.0

You must use the BeatBuddy on beta v 4.1.0 in order to use the BeatBuddy Loader with it, correct

Windows 7 is not supported by this application, we only support Windows 10 or 11

I see that the OS & BB version is now noted in the original post…

Where is the Linux version?

1 Like

Linux would be nice, but to be honest: they need to eventually have a BeatBuddy 2.0 that allows a tablet or phone control the BeatBuddy using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

An app that can do that should also allow dynamic download/upload from the tablet or phone. i.e., all BBM functionality.

It’s a Java app. All the UNIX development has been done as part of supporting the Mac. Getting a Linux version built should be a fairly minimal amount of effort. It makes sense, as there are plenty of people out there that use Linux based DAWs.

It would also be a move in the direction you are proposing, since tablet/phone support would require adapting for iOS and Android, which, under the hood, are close to Mac and Linux respectively.

2 Likes

Worked on my end, macOS BigSur 11.6.8. Thanks!

1 Like

Finally we can set the drumsets to alphabetic order
A big nice change

Just hold and move hit

1 Like

BB Loader 1.0.2 working well so far (had the release 1 candidate before which had all sorts of issues which I had reported to support) & is straightforward to work with & looking good - the loader detected a couple of “unknown songs” in one of my folders which the BBM & the BB never showed … although they never seemed to cause an issue, it’s good to detect potential “duff” files which may cause issues & delete them … also a couple of song files had an “1” appended to the end of the file name which neither the BBM nor BB showed which can now be easily corrected as well … way to go to base BBM2 on this program format …

What about the new BB Manager?

Hi, I have bug when I want to open your new product. I have did a screen shot . Can I send a jpg. I try !! I am on window 10
![bug|beat|611x500(upload://rixbZNgrR78RFsIXXgkAMVMBZm8.jpeg
Thank’s

picture is not visible, you can make a picture with the snipping tool in the png format this can be shown here.

I saw that the problem was already described. It’s the same the 2 users " hnbt6171" and " NyHC "

You just need to wait that they update the link with the good version
They found the issue !

Allright Thanks

@JeffPouch
I DM’d you! Check your inbox!

Me to. :woozy_face:

It seems to work for me on Win 10. However it still clunky even in this simplified format. I added 10 songs to a playlist and it took forever because there is no multi select, and you have click several times for each song, its not obvious that you have added a song to the play list so you forget where you were at (the last one you added is not even highlighted) The Playlist interface seem pretty useless, why not add songs from this tab? … . the interface looks nice, but its still not very user friendly… You guys really need a proper UI designer that has some experience.

Other then general griping, I do have a question, I purchased the full library, but see no way to add songs from it to this new software, they are all in BBS format… And I cant see their names even if it did allow for the import of BBS format, does this mean that I have to go into BB Manager and export every song from the library I want to use in the loader? Please tell me that I missed something in this software.

1 Like

Hi there, are you using Mac or PC?

We likely will have some improvements to make this workflow easier soon, remember this is an intermediary product to allow users to access and organize content without the fuss of using BBM1. BBM2 will make BBL obsolete save for users who prefer its simplicity.

You would load the entire premium content onto the SD card using the Load Full Project option on the home screen, note this will delete the content on the SD. Merging projects is not supported by BBL so if you have content outside of the Premium content, it would make sense to:

1. first place all songs you have already on the SD in one folder or use several folders
  2. Export the folder (s) and drumsets
  3. Load the premium content on the SD and clear the SD
  4. open the new project using Edit SD Card option on home screen
  5. import the folder(s) you exported

We may have a better solution for this soon

I updat Java, but no result. :woozy_face: