BeatBuddy Loader Software (Version 1.0.x)

I just PMd you, check your inbox!

Thanks for your insight. Not a fan of “Beta so for that reason” ”I’m gonna wait.”

I hate to sound negative… but seriously? I was excited to see a post with new software… until I read what it does and does not do. Waiting a decade for a software that literally only sorts and loads songs. Wow… Maybe I’m missing something, but that can all be done in the current BBM can’t it? I’ve never had a problem loading songs or re-ordering them.
I must be completely missing something in what the Loader does because this seems like a bit of a waste of resources. I’m sure there are dozens of things the BB users would have rather seen than a new process to load and sort… especially seeing all of the trouble that people are posting with it even working.
Hoping for more.

1 Like

I think the main benefits of the loader is a cleaner interface and the ability to manage your playlists in the loader.

The other thing is, on a Mac you can’t sync, you have to re-export to the card each time. This wipes out your settings and other inconveniences. So I could see a scenario where I use the current BB Manager to create/modify songs, and then use the loader to load and manage the card content.

I haven’t used the loader or 4.1 yet (due to the transition forgiveness), but I am excited to see what they are doing with the BB Manager 2. It’s at least signs of life, if nothing else.

BBM can’t sort song, folders or drumkits.

1 Like

A very basic question.
I have BBM and it works fine. I like the idea to have this BBLoader for the interim to sort and load songs.
Can this software read the existing BB Project and use that as a starting point?
If I start by inserting the SD Card, will it have to save the project to a new location?

Hey there, this product is an SD mgmt tool so anything you want to use and edit must be on SD, once on SD any previous BBL project should work when opening on BBL

Another question: Would there be an issue if you use the BBL to modify SD card content and then plug it back into the BBM?

There should be no huge issue, but, in the end, they were not designed to work together since BBM1 has not been and will not be worked on so it could not be amended to support BBL.

We did however try it and it should work, you may run into issues with your playlists if you somehow rewrite the .csv using BBM1, which if I recall correctly is possible. But we did check that BBM user projects open in the BBL and they do.

Let us know if you find it working differently!

Thanks for the question

1 Like

All I can say is, I use Ubuntu and the BBM works under WINE just fine, although it has major flaws and limited functionality (not due to WINE, due to the program itself)
This loader will not see the SD card under WINE (I may have to tweak some things) but if the BBM2 comes out and will not work under WINE or you do not release a Linux version, I will be totally shut out and screwed. Just a heads up there.

Hi,
I’m a newbie in BB. I have the same issue with BBL on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6). Can you send me the same link ?

Thank you

The version I have will only fix PC, to fix the issue with mac follow the steps in the top post of this thread when installing. I will also point out that we are not testing or providing support for High Sierra.

Thanks for the question

Thank you for your answer. From which version of MacOs do you provide support ?

Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey

Thank’s

I’ve installed mojave and it works, thank’s

1 Like

I’m staying with BBM1. The loader sounds a tad confusing (alongside BBM1, which does everything I want it to do … but a whole lot more that I don’t :slight_smile: ).

I would say it’s by far less confusing than the BBM1 :sweat_smile:

BBM2 will solve that and bring all the new functionality also brought by BBL, BBL is just a half measure to help users for the time being.

3 Likes

Is this problem solved already?
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz
32,0 GB
Windows 10 Pro vers 21H2

I just DMd you