BeatBuddy Loader Software (Version 1.1.x)

Doesn’t work with Big Sur

1 Like

Not working on Ventura 13.5.2

MOD EDIT: Thanks for sharing your crash log as I’m sure it could be helpful for the developers.

I copied and pasted the contents to pdf which I’m attaching. In the future, would you mind exporting your log files as either a plain text or pdf? This will help, especially if it includes the last 44 lines which were truncated by Discourse from your original post.

Crash Log.pdf (27.6 KB)

And… I can’t shut it down, not even forcing it… need to hold turn off button to force a complete system shut down to get rid of it…

A post was split to a new topic: Updates for BeatBuddy (BB) Mini 2?

For all the macOS users having trouble getting the BB Loader to work, if you have not yet performed these tips, they might help you get up and running.

• Check that you have updated to the latest version of Java;
  • https://www.java.com/en/download/apple.jsp if not, please update;
  • Delete the existing BB Loader from your computer;
  • Download a fresh copy of the BB Loader for your respective macOS;
  • Double-click the .dmg file you downloaded and drag the app to your Applications folder; DO NOT OPEN YET;
  • Select the BB Loader app, press and hold the control key and select Open from the contextual menu.

Please let us know if this helped or what you did to get it working on your Mac computer. There are some other threads on this forum appropriate to getting Singular Sound software to work for macOS: When the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) doesn’t launch (or export a project to the SD card) in newer versions of the macOS

1 Like

Did exactly as the instructions above… same results.

bbloader.stack trace2834555536100322360.pdf (27.1 KB)

It’s great to see this finally start to get somewhere. Still nowhere near what I’d like it to be but I was excited to see on your Instagram post that there is work being done on a new Manager. If the editing mentioned includes MIDI and drumsets then that is going to be the winner for me. Everything in one spot and not having to move between apps to create songs. :+1:

@BeatBuddy_Support

For the development team, in case it might be helpful:

fingers crossed

It’s 2023. There are many ways to bundle a jvm with your application that is distributed as a single file.

1 Like

The app does not work on my M1 Mac. I sent an email to your support email address about 10 days ago; there has been no response. So I’ll try here.

Description: What actually happened?

— When I start BeatBuddy Loader, it gets only to putting up its name in the upper left corner and its icon in the Dock. It does not open the BeatBuddy Loader window. And the app will not quit either; it has to be Force Quit.

Version Number: v1.1.2 the Mac M1 Ventura

Steps To Reproduce: Double click the BeatBuddy Loader app file

Expected vs actual Behavior: I expect it to open completely and present the BeatBuddy Loader window, the image at the top of this thread, so I can do something with the application.

Instead, it stops as I said above with the name of the app (no menu; clicking on the name does not give the menu for the app, as it should) and the icon in the Dock.

Visual proof: There’s not much to see, because the app has not loaded properly—it just stops. The app name menu header (but there is no menu) and the app icon are all there is to see. The window doesn’t open.

I’m using an M1 Mac mini, with MacOS Sonoma 14.0. I also have the latest version of Java 8 Update 391.

1 Like

Thank you for providing the details as you’ve done—they are helpful.

Although I think I had it working in Ventura, I can’t remember. And my previous reply (which I’ve since deleted, was premature and incorrect—my apologies).

I just tested the Loader v1.1.2 with Sonoma and my Mac Mini M2 and it does not work.

The good news is that Singular Sound is more than likely aware of your report and they’re working on a solution. If you can tolerate using the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) just a little longer until they provide an updated Loader, you will at least have a workaround.

This tool is pretty cool.

I was wondering if you can add the ability to duplicate a playlist?
It would make creating playlists much easier once you create a base playlist, you keep using it as a template for any new ones.
The way it works now, is you have to recreate the playlist from either scratch, or exporting a folder which are not actually ideal when needing a new one. My songs come from several folders (not just one). Duplicating playlists would be very convenience and powerful.

Thanks guys!
:slight_smile:

CC: @BrennanSingularSound, @persist

Hey there,

At this time we do not believe we will be adding any new features to the BBL and we will be spending all our BeatBuddy development force towards the new BeatBuddy Manager 2 as it will have a lot more flexibility and room for the nice to have features like the one you’re describing.

Thanks for the request!

1 Like

Do it I have that correct?

The BBL, a stripped down replacement for the BBM, will be supplanted by a new app, the BBM 2?

Wow. Holy Whiplash, Batman.

Just confirming the same re BB Loader not working as of Dec 8, 2023 on Apple M2 Pro / Sonoma 14.1.2
BBManager version 1.64 works fine.

Deleting BBLoader. (Also, don’t understand why upgrading Java would help; looks like the app has Java embedded in it. Wouldn’t it just default to that version?)

Looking forward to BBMgr version 2.

What instagram notice? SingularSound?

Hello @persist ;

I am so proud of myself. I have spent 30 or 40 hours watching videos, asking questions on the forum, and then working within BBManager. I managed to create my own drum kit from 2 kits I got from the forum. Then, using that drum kit, I made my own BB song for one of my original songs.

However, then came the time to get this onto my BeatBuddy. So, I had already downloaded BB Loader. But, it couldn’t recognize my SD card, even though the computer “saw” it. So, I didn’t have the latest firmware. Now I do, 4.1.6. Then, I didn’t have the latest BB Loader. Now I do. I uninstalled the Loader and reinstalled the latest.

Still, BB Loader says it can’t find an SD Card on my computer. I tried a different USB slot. For now, I’m gonna use BBManager to sync my Default 2.1 project. Not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your time and your service to all of us happy beat buddies. :blush:

MG :grinning: