BeatBuddy Manager 1.50.1 (Windows/Mac)

Totally understand

Shane, Hi
I think you need to buy the Beatbuddy to get the sound samples and the likes to work with the software, but i donā€™t see the point of the software without a BB pedal, i would just buy a drum software app, i suppose if someone was a tight arsed git they could copy someones BB sd card and get it for free like most of todays music, but again i donā€™t see the point.
By the way the pedal is brilliant, and now, so is the App.

Please understand the only reasons I asked are that I donā€™t currently own one but received the email on the update. The reason I donā€™t own one of my own yet has a lot more to do with being a disabled cancer survivor trying to live on a tight budget. While I am sure the pedal is worth every penny, that is just more than I can afford sadly enough. I sure would love to have one with all the great reviews I have read about how helpful it is to beginners like myself. It will take me some time but eventually I will save enough to get one. Hopefully find a good deal on ebay or something as I am not lookin for a handout just trying to learn.

You can download the SD card backup, install the manager software and then select open project and point at the SD card backup.

Thank you for not calling me a cheap arse like the last guy. Appreciate the info.

Hi David,

I thought that Iā€™d let you know that I just received via email the official announcement concerning the Premium Content Library and the BeatBuddy Manager Update. So, it looks like Iā€™m on that list now. Thanks again for your help.

PS Iā€™ve already previously purchased most of the Premium Content and installed the BBManager Update but, it gives me peace of mind to know that Iā€™m in the Loop, so to speak, for future exciting updates as they come down the pike.

Hey Guys
Thanks so much for CONSTANTLY working on improving this wonderful thing youā€™ve invented! I just downloaded and installed the 1.50 version. It sucked in (parsed?) my entire library without my having to stick the SD card in. Awesome. Iā€™m just a big vague on the click and drag aspect/improvement. I read the instructions and it seems that I still have to EXPORT and then IMPORT songs when creating a new setlist, which is fine - but maybe Iā€™m missing how ā€œclick and dragā€ actually works.

I see how the the click-n-drag function works. I can drag a song from one FOLDER to a new FOLDER now. COOL! HOWEVER, this function removes that song from the ā€œdonorā€ folder though.

This is a problem b/c I always have one folder on the BB titled MASTER. Itā€™s all the songs we do. Then I have many other folders, one for each gig. If I click and drag a song from my MASTER then itā€™s no longer in MASTER. Bummer.

Two points of confusionā€¦

1. It now seems that when I close the BB manager, then re-open, it has to go through the parsing process again, which takes a few moments. It didnā€™t do that with the previous version. I suspect I did something wrong?

2. If I want to set up a new folder using the old method of IMPORT-SONG (.sng) to the new FOLDER), not all of my songs are in that space where all the .sngā€™s are stored. Older ones are, newer ones are not.

YIKES!!

I believe in the very next update, my suggestion will be added, which will allow you to Shift-Drag from folder to folder to copy a song instead of moving it!

Getting this when exporting to SD card in Card reader, it use to work.
Any idea what it is?
OS X
Cheers.

This means that you are probably trying to export the project to one of the subfolders within your SD card. It looks like you should choose ā€˜yesā€™ in this scenario to export the project to ā€˜/ā€™ (root folder of SD card).

Hi.
Iā€™m exporting to the highest level of the card when asked i navigate to the SD card not the subs, it shows up in the sidebar in Devices as usual as PNY 8gb which is the name of the card, it should work, as this is what Iā€™ve always done but since update i am getting this, donā€™t want to select yes or no incase it balls up my card.
Thanks Ronny.

just exported to another SD i had as a backup and selected yes and went though the export procedure but when put in BB it hadnā€™t exported project.

Selecting No seems to work ??

Well, this seems like a bug. I will have this fixed later.
Please choose No for the moment, and sorry for the inconvenience!

This is a huge improvement. I have been frustrated with the original BB manager, but this new version is a giant step forward. I installed it without any problems, and within a few minutes I had created my own gig list, renamed some songs - and transferred it to the BB without any problems. You have done a very good job!

Bravo and thank you for this BeatBuddy Manager version 1.5.0.1! Every thing works fine !

Any idea why the mac app doesnā€™t reproduce any sounds when clicking play for each of the configurations? Im using the latest version of the app posted here, and yosemite 10.10.4. I played the individual wav files of the drum set and those works, but when clicking play form the song it doesnā€™t work at all. Thanks!

@Andres Cano Double check the MIDI notes in the patterns you are using. Or are these the default shipped songs (like Blues 2) that are not playing for you?