Beatbuddy Manager Frustration!

Glad to hear you got it working. When I was beta-testing Catalina, I found that if I shut my computer down after installing an update and then restarting it, it solved many of the problems I was having with the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

1 Like

If you don’t have a SSD (solid state hard drive) on your computer, have you done a defrag recently or at all to ensure all the bytes and bits are easy for programs and data to find and access? Windows supposedly does this for you if setup, but using a third party free defragger it seems to improve things more than what Windows does. An SSD doesn’t need to be defragged nor should be done.

I have yet to experience this frustration because BB Manager is incompatibile with Mac OS 10.13 and up, so I can’t load the beats I bought into Beat Buddy Manager or the Beat Buddy pedal. I do hope someone from the company is monitoring these threads.

It runs fine on 10.13 thru 15. You just need to click the boxes in the security preferences when you load it up. On Catalina, as noted above, you might need a restart or two.

Thanks, on the 4th attempt it opened.

First, I can’t figure out how to post a new topic on this forum, so the best I can do is post here.

BB Manager is driving me crazy regarding where it saves files on my Mac that runs Catalina. The synchronization never works. It’s saving projects nested inside projects under user_ lib. I don’t think that’s right. I spent two hours working on my set this morning and returned this afternoon to find half my work was gone. I had to save the project to my SD card because sync was greyed out. Apparently, my changes were not saved.

What I need it this: I need a clear tutorial explaining how to save a project and how to open a project to avoid these synchronization and nesting problems. Thank you.

You should be able to start a new thread from one of the main category pages (not within an existing thread or topic). There’s a blue oval in the bottom right corner, hover your cursor over it and it should turn round—click on it to start a new thread.

Search your Documents folder for the bbworkspace folder; the path to your projects should be bbworkspace/user_lib/projects/ If you don’t have a bbworkspace folder, then you need to create one and move user_lib and default_lib to that folder. If you’re not using the notarized version of the BBM for macOS, you’ll need to download and install it. If this is the case, you might be better off Exporting your current project from the BBM to your SD card and then deleting the BBM from your computer as well as any BBM files and folders from your computer.

This is a known issue and you will have to use BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File - Export - Project to SD card.

Do any of your folders or song names use a period or any non-supported character? If so, that might be the problem but it’s hard to say given the amount of detail you have provided so far.

If you have not read the user manual for the BBM or the Quickstart Guide, you might find them helpful: * Link (in blue font) to new user resources

If you need some more help, feel free to reach out to Support at Support, support@singularsound.com