BeatBuddy Manager Goes Open Source: What this Means for Users, Our Development Priorities, and How You Can Get Involved

Anyone managed to get this compiling on a Mac?

SS has minimal instructions on this that don’t seem to have been tested in a while with any recent versions of tools that are downloadable.

That’s great news. May I ask when we could expect any update on the Manager? Especially in regards to more features in the editor (cut/paste/copy, splitting songs into sections etc). Would love to know what is coming up.

Hi,

How will we know whether you are considering our proposition or not.

I have done some proposition before. Now I came along to those new one:

1. when deleting a song, the pop up message must contain the name of the song we are deleting. Just to make sure it is the right song we are deleting.

2. should be able to import an instrument with all its setting from a drumset while editing a pattern

3. loop shiuld be available while editing a pattern

4. pop up message whether you wish to quantize should in preference and not each time you start editing a pattern

5. say you have hi-hat (time signatue 4/4)
    Measure 8: 45 35 55 25 35…etc
    If i need to reduce the velocity by 5, i need to go through all these values. I think it will be nice if there is an option to increase or decrease the velocity of an instrument as a whole but at the same time by keeping the difference between the beats.

6. I think it will nice also to find a way to increase or decrease the velocity of the whole song also so that we don’t need to go through all these values

7. of course it is a must to have copy and paste option in the pattern editing. There must be the option to use the mouse select, click and hold. That is select a measure with the mouse, click and hold to put it before or after.

I think all the proposal shoukd be displayed somewhere so that we did not repeat the same thing each time. And the list should be updated each time someone make a proposal. Thanks

Can‘t figure out wether this issue has still been addressed:

Implementation of an user assignable midi song number to each song, so the integration of the BB in an existing midi setup with keyboard, stagepiano, controlling tablets etc. would be far simpler than it is now.

OnSong, SetListManager, BandHelper, NordPianos, Line6 devices as well as various synthesizers use this as a standard for song selection.

I read about this topic in the Aeros feature request, but I could not find anything in the BB section.

I suspect that update would also require a firmware update for the beatbuddy itself which is why I’m guessing it’s not been committed to. It might be worth adding to the issues list yourself then at least you’ll get an explicit yay or nay

Just so you know that many others are reading this and that some users care, :crazy_face: I added this to the openbbm project. I also included that the same suggestion applies to deleting a drum set.

As for your other suggestions, I’ll leave that up to you to add to SingularSound/openbbm :grinning:

Any update on when a new BBM (or replacement) based upon OpenBBM will be released (as a download for the supported platforms?

Any update when OpenBBM really supports building under MacOS?

By that I mean someone with a new machine (even a virtualbox vm) can set by running a script … or following a list of steps that are unambiguous, simple, and don’t require detailed understanding on the nuances of lower level libraries.

I was excited to hear about OpenBBM, but I’m losing faith (as a user) and interest (as a developer).

3 Likes

Woah woah woah . . . how about we just get the ability to copy/paste beats and perhaps create something in a signature other than 4/4 without the app bugging out, eh? Start slow?

1 Like

I’m right with you . . . I’ll be more optimistic when we see a BETA . . . or even just some conceptual screenshots

2 Likes

Yep, just adding the basics like being able to copy and paste, and to play from a cursor location instead of from the start every time would be a huge, huge improvement to the Manager.

3 Likes

Team,
This is indeed great news. I have been a bit outdated on this forum.

Please can someone tell me which is the latest version of the BBM stable build that I can install and use.

Been a while without any news.

Is there a stable release? Imminent production release? There is a file called release.zip, but not a lot of activity in the repo.

1 Like

I don’t know if it will ever happen. :frowning:

@julissadantes @DavidPackouz

Any news yet?

1 Like

Hello,

We are working on polishing the AutoPilot functionality at the moment. We expect to have a release soon – of both the BBM and the BB Firmware. We are being extensive with testing.

Most of the recent activity has not yet been merged to the main development branch, @Quad, so activity seems less than it is.

We have been waiting for a long time. It is good news that we have something come up soon. Do we have a tentative date??

Thanks for the update and good luck.

Is there a public branch where we can see the changes before they are merged?

1 Like

haha, yeah he gave it to you - Soon!! That’s about as good as you’ll get…understandably so too IMO.

I have been hearing this soon for the last 2 years almost if I am not wrong. Hence the ask for a tentative date.

1 Like

HEY! BBMAnager open source? Good news!

I have just compiled it in my UBUNTU (eoan 19.10).

I have a small problem with the instructions. In UBUNTU 19.10 there is not the libquazip package. You must install libquazip5 package instead. Then, you need make a simbolik link:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libquazip5.so.1 /usr/lib/libquazip.so

The rest of instructions in github webpage are correct.