@Daefecator has worked really hard to create a working Mac beta! We could really use your help testing this, if you are Mac inclined… please post all of your findings, comments, suggestions, etc. below.
Important Notes [please read!]:
This is not an ‘official’ version. It is currently being reviewed by our software team, who will release an official version with some bug fixes and additional functions soon. Daef has created this in his own free time because he loves all of you Mac users so much it is his New Year gift to you!
This has been tested on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9 Mavericks (it may work on other OS versions, but has not been tested).
This version does not include an installer. It will not install a program on your computer. To launch the software, you just double click the .app folder.
In order to connect your BeatBuddy content to your Mac, you will need to insert the SD card directly into your computer.
or you can download them separately:
Unpack the downloaded files, and you get 2 items - BBManager and BBWorkspace.
Make sure BBManager and BBWorkspace reside next to each other (in the same folder or both on the desktop)
Double click the BBManager to launch the software. It starts with empty project.
Select File > Open Project. The default directory that usually comes up is the one with the prepared project called SD_CARD. Navigate inside this folder and double click the BBP file in there.
Note: If you cannot find SD_CARD folder, the full path is BBWorkspace/user_lib/projects/SD_CARD
(and Mac exclusive content now!):
Drag’n’Drop (please note dragging songs between folders isn’t working yet)
Color song part borders indicating copy/paste state.
You can Paste to Add File buttons (they are highlighted in green background when pasting is available).
Content is fixed to the point where ALL the song parts have solid paths to the corresponding source (MID/WAV) files. Drag’n’Drop and Copy/Paste will by default not work only for those songs for which a user doesn’t have source files (like user content that was downloaded from the forum)
New enhanced tooltips for song parts: now show the source file name (pressing ANY modifier before hovering will also show the full file path as well!) together with allowed copy/paste actions.
Content auto-fix feature. Holding Ctrl modifier while clicking on the song part will attempt to silently fix the song part in automatic mode. It uses the file short name together with the path of the last opened directory. So, let’s say you have an unfixed song you’ve downloaded from the forum (with red borders), and now you have got a directory with all the source MIDI files. What you have to do is click only one song part and select the corresponding MIDI file from that folder (to set the directory path), and then simply Ctrl+Click all the other song parts (no open file dialog will ever be shown, but the song parts will be fixed)!
- Dragging a song to another folder is not recommended. It causes the song to disappear after restart.
- (very unlikely) Possible crash when chaotically mouse clicking on song parts when suddenly you click a little round Play button. Note, this is not exclusive to Mac, it is also possible in the Windows version.
- Project icon is a default one, not our cool one. This will be fixed.
- There is a small issue with copy dragging. Only replacing logic works now. This can be worked around by pressing Ctrl+C while mouse is hovering the necessary song part, then pressing Ctrl+V while hovering the Add file button.
- Note: Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are actually Cmd+C and Cmd+V on Mac. Tooltips clearly show the hardcoded Windows’ shortcuts, but they should be Cmd+C and Cmd+V. This will be fixed.- Pressing Ctrl while clicking the song part will probably look like nothing has happened - no open file dialog comes up and…
- Song part borders update only once on mouse enter. This will be fixed as well to improve the overall app style.