BeatBuddy Manager -- Mac Beta

By the way works a treat love the drag n drop and seems solid on my mackintosh even. Well done muchly appreciated and happy New year!

Wow! Thanks a ton!!!

You need to set up a Paypal donation link (WTF).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

In regards to the Win vs Mac thing. I use OS X, and really Win 8.1 is probably better. You can scale things and it’s totally tablet friendly. But I use Mac. Why?

Ecosystem. My iPad and iPhone want Mommy. LOL

Otherwise, who cares. Windows 8.1 is fantastic. (except for the all the crap software PC makers stick you with).

Microsoft Visual Studio, for example, allows for really convenient key remapping. You press the old key (that you want to change), and its function is automatically searched for you, then you just use this function name to add a new hotkey and remove an old one. I can also export my settings to a file to use on another computer. Is it as convenient on a Mac?

And what about exchanging Win modifier with Ctrl on Mac for all the hotkeys out there? On Windows, I can install AutoHotKey, and put two simple lines in a script:

Ctrl::Win Win::Ctrl
…and that does the trick! But there is no AutoHotKey for glorified Linux systems out there :frowning:

Wow, I am so happy you liked that!

Happy New Year as well!

Thank you for doing this - I have this loaded and working on my mac !

I don’t know if this is a bug, but you took away the settings tab in the newest version. This is highly annoying when using the virtual pedal to test because the settings in the manager don’t match what I have set my pedal to. I know you had the desire to clean it up, but I would seriously consider re-introducing that tab and tying the settings to the virtual pedal so we can test the same way that we use the pedal. Especially the queue fill setting, I have mine set to 50% and have decided that is were it will stay. I am having to learn timings in my songs of when to press that button, beat 1 or beat 3. It would be fantastic to be able to test that when making a song instead of having to sync, unmount the card, use the real pedal, stick the card back in, make a change, sync, umount etc etc.

I think this won’t be such an issue on windows where you can just plug the pedal in and sync and not have to deal with the card reader and all that jazz.

Just food for thought :slight_smile:

Mac makes it VERY hard to write drivers. This would probably require a firmware update to make the pedal itself class compliant. I’m guessing thats not as easy as it sounds either, or every manufacturer of every USB and Firewire device would do it…

Actually, it’s the change made to the official version.
More about this here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/bb-manager-tabs.1577/#post-6319

Yes, kind of :slight_smile: Open settings, then click the keyboard, in the bottom right is a button modifier keys, see attached photo. Click that button and you can use any key you wish for each modifier.

Yes, I realize this was a change made to the official version. That’s why I said I don’t think it’s a bug, it was just a BAD decision haha(in my opinion hehe)

Okay, thanks. Now I should only find out how to open settings :slight_smile:

Easiest way, click the magnifying glass in the top right, type settings, hit enter :slight_smile:

About the decision to remove the tab (it wasn’t me who either suggested or implemented this) - I guess it was probably done because of a pending change to all the settings in future versions.
A lot of features were requested by users for the footswitch functionality recently. Most likely this was the first step to implementing some of them.

Managed to create a new song on this mac version but can’t seem to figure out how to get it to the Beat Buddy. Plugged Beat Buddy to mac with USB and synchronize is not highlighted. Help Please.

I’d vote for class compliance or a driver that includes ability to use as an external sound module when auditioning midi loops in other software so that all the BB kits would be available :slight_smile:

No pedal support as of currently, sorry. You will absolutely need to use an external SD card reader. I am sure you can find a USB adapter for as low as 7-10$.

There was a user who complained that their settings were being overwritten in the BB when synching and I think we came to the conclusion that it was the settings in 1.32 that was overwriting the settings in the latest firmware. So the only way to have a settings tab is if the Manager software and the firmware are developed in parallel, which is not feasible at the moment. Hopefully one day pedal settings can be set on a per song basis.

I guess this would be fixed if he simply deletes his PARAMS/footsw.ini file once before synchronizing. I am not sure, though, but this should do the trick.

Another bug. When exporting songs, it doesn’t remember your export location. And it seems to pick a random directory to open too.

To reproduce, click on any song, Import-Export -> Export Song. See what directory you are in, navigate to the directory you wish to save in.

Click another song Import-Export -> Export Song, the location will not be remembered to where you navigated too :frowning:

This is annoying when you are exporting 20 songs at once :slight_smile: