BeatBuddy Manager -- Mac Beta

This looks like a nice and cool hack-like solution :slight_smile:
Similar as to how Unlocker utility empowers you to delete files that are currently being in use for Windows, your suggested utility is able to alter compiled Mac programs to insert icons in it :slight_smile:
Though, I’d wait for an official release that will be setting the icon in the process of actually compiling the program. That way, once the Mac app is signed, users will be 100% sure it is authentic that came directly from the developers and no malicious code was ever appended to it somewhere after the program was compiled and before it made its way to you as an end user.

Actually I was able to just drag the Windows BB icon onto the Mac BB one in left hand corner as Shane said & it took. Looks great! Thanks Shaneblyth!!

Daefectator, I’m having the same issue OSX 10.6.8
I did move manager into the root file of workspace, still same error.
Here’s the report

Most likely 10.6 is not supported with this Mac beta. Sorry for that!
I don’t have a suitable device to test this. Most likely you will need to wait for an official release.

By the way, you shouldn’t put BBManager inside BBWorkspace, they should lie next to each other. Nevertheless, this won’t fix your issue :frowning:

What an impact it would have been to have had the Mac version at Namm!

Thank You @Daefecator! You’re the MAN!!

Without the official dev team that would be close to impossible :slight_smile:

But it’s almost the end of January and we’ll have non-beta Mac software in January. Right? :-))))

The only one issue I have found critical so far is if you are in the “songs” window and in the main body where your songs are listed showing the verses and chores, fills etc. if you happen to click on a part that isn’t in the selected song (i.e. your highlight is showing a certain song but you click outside of the highlighted song to a different song part) the BB Manager will crash but will usually reboot close to the point you left it. Just a heads up.

Where is the official Mac version with associated instructions/manual? Asking for status not the eta (which always brings out those who say never give delivery time). By status, I’d like to know what step it’s in… design, development, testing, debugging, document/deployment? I’d also like to know if it’s based on the volunteer’s Beta or built independently from the ground up?

Mac software release will indeed be based on current beta, that’s for sure.

Wait a minute, this is interesting. So your doing it?.
Could you elaborate on this, as I was under the impression that there was another version; you know, the one that never comes LOL.

was or is there another version? .

That means the company itself was never working on a Mac version. And it also means that despite your rhetoric, you seem to be their only software developer. I don’t care what your professional relationship is to them (contractor, employee, investor, officer, indecently wealthy fanatic) you have been propagating the deception that this company cares about delivering to all its customers all that it promised - namely total control and ease of use for all- including Mac users. Why be evasive and deceptive about this??? I just wish the Company (CEO) would be above board. It’s just good business to be honest with customers. Honesty - not false promises. Not asking for inside info or even commitments that it can’t or won’t deliver. I just want the full product that I believed in and bought into. With some good, simple instructional support. Ugh!!!

Wait, your implications do not sound correct.

Mac release will be based on Mac beta, but Mac beta itself was based exclusively on Windows release! I didn’t do it from scratch. Only added some features on top of an official port to Mac. It was labelled beta as it contained some bugs, yet the team considered it was still better than no Mac version at all!

Whatever. You’re wasting your time hiding behind language and technicalities. It’s obvious that the company doesn’t have a professional software development function. It promised stuff and then got people like you to help them weave stuff together to just get by with the bare minimum and banking on the community to help. While that’s ok - it’s not honest and it’s leaving a lot of people who are like me who don’t have the time to spend hours and hours piecing together puzzles by searching and trial and error to achieve what we thought we were getting. An easy to ease, total control solution over Mac and the interim instructional resources are lacking.

Yes, but did the company have its own software developers working on a Mac version independently or were you the only person working on porting the windows software to Mac? From your answer, it sounds like it was just you.

According to BB Support: “Our statement of the Mac software being a top priority was not false, we are working on it, and we have been this entire time. We have a programming team that develops the software for us, and instead of waiting for them to finish at a later date, Daefecator has volunteered to help expedite the process. In other words, the software would have been delayed even longer had Daef not stepped in and volunteered. You can thank him for that.”

I’m able to work a bit with your Beta and thank you for it.

While you are definitely free to have your own opinion on the matter, and it’s not like my words will ever satisfy you, but the company does have software developers working on Mac. It’s really cool you guys enjoy the Mac beta, and it’s very pleasant to hear warm words from you, but I don’t want to take extra credits for things I didn’t actually make.
I just “finalized” what have been a work in progress and added little useful features on top of it (like drag’n’drop).

(Again, HUGE thanks Daefecator. You are an enormous help. Thanks!)

But so much hostility people. Yikes!

He explains things clearly, pretty much.

But what happened to an official release? We haven’t heard anything.

Some degree of hostility means people are actively engaged, and that’s great!

An official release? Well… I think when there is something significant to share or announce, we will know :slight_smile:

My comments are not intended to be hostile and I too am appreciative of any solution that helps me work with the product. My comments rather are a reflection of my enormous frustration with the way the company prioritizes against it’s customer promises versus what it says and who is speaking for them. It’s just not good business to treat a huge percentage of your customer base with what amounts to failure to deliver a good customer experience that lives up to its promise. What is that promise? “Total Control” that should be “Easy to Use” on a “Mac”. This was the promise when I bought in. Daef, I’m glad someone is working on stuff and if you’re doing this out of the goodness of your heart for no compensation of any kind, then I’m doubly appreciative to you. If however, you’re just helping the company and are getting compensated in ANY way, because it can’t build it’s own software in a timely manner (because it’s not a priority) nor can it offer the proper level of instructional support for its products given the state they’re in (because it’s not a priority), then I’m doubly disappointed.