BeatBuddy Manager -- Mac Beta

That’s bad, what does Show Details button says?
Can you please press it and do a screenshot of what comes next please?

Try hold down the "Option or Control "key when opening

Turned out I didn’t have the manager app in the root of the workspace folder. Works fine now - thanks for the advice!

A HUGE thank you for the Mac Beta. It has been working very well for me using Yosemite 10.10.1!! I love it.

Thanks for the Mac Beta!! Is there anyway to get the BB Icon like the Windows version has - instead of that “A” Icon that this Mac version uses? Much appreciated!!!

Should I take the lack of response as a no? Because if that’s the answer and the company hasn’t put its own resources to work on the Mac software, that’s a whole lot of BS. But you can bet they’ll be hawking the shot out of this thing at NAMM.

Without any direct response to your straightforward question from the company, the introduction from DP implies that the company itself has not been working on its own Mac version but (even it was) rather now intend to release “an official version” of Deafecator’s BETA. “1. This is not an ‘official’ version. It has not been reviewed by our software team (who are currently on vacation). Daef has created this in his own free time because he loves all of you Mac users so much :wink: it is his New Year gift to you! Based on your feedback(Of the BETA), we will be releasing an official version (Of the BETA) in January.”

In another thread, they say they have been working on the software. And that their unidentified beta testers, not their software developers, tested the software.

I’m not sure what David means by releasing an official version of the Beta, not their own, in January. ???

As a long time Mac user, I am mystified by the PC process. I appreciate your attempt to solve this problem for Mac users, however, when purchasing this item, there was no indication that it would be any problem for Mac. Think of me as a very gifted autistic child. I need you to go step by step, numbering each one along the way, in English with simple instructions regarding the process, as I have watched all the videos and done everything asked for and I cannot seem to get the file to appear when I put the SD card in my Beat Buddy. I have reached the point where I was able to create the file on my computer, but unable to transfer it so that the Beat Buddy could recognize it. I will inform you at this point that I have a Doctorate from a major university, unfortunately, not in computer science and I have really tried but have not been able to fathom how to do this.

Iv’e been using Mac since the beginning with all kinds of music software but I can’t figure this thing out for nothing,same problems as you big guy.maybe help is on the way soon.

I bit the bullet and downloaded the Mac beta onto my computer. Thus far I am able to play the “songs” in the daefactor.bbp folder.

Step 1 successful.

Thank you Daefactor.

The hard stuff up next, but need to work on tunes for tomorrow’s marathon rehearsal. New full band. Maybe I can get the BB up and running for my acoustic duo gig on Friday if I can make the time and I can figure it out (I’m concerned because I also have an advanced degree from a major university…)

I use a Mac computer. I have OS X 10.6.8 installed on my machine. I was able to use the last version of the Windows software on my mac using winebottler (As was suggested in another thread titled “Cheap Mac Workarounds”). The problem for me is the following:

The new Mac Beta version written by Daefecator will not install for me, as I think it was written for 10.10 or something like that. I would love to install this as it seems to be getting great press here on the forum.

My other problem is that the update to the windows version, which is now considered non-beta, (Beatbuddy Manager V 1.33) also does not install using the winebottler trick that I used on the last version.

So I seem to be stuck on Version 1.32. This is a pity as there are loads of songs that have been uploaded since V1.33 went live that are now not compatible with the older software.

I guess I was wondering if the Mac software can be made compatible with older versions of OSX or if there is a way to install V1.33 using Winebottler.

I hope someone can help with this.

Started off using the windows version on a virtual pc (Parallels) and was never sure if the software or Parallels was buggy. This non-official beta has been great,and we are really starting to click with it, though I still don’t feel confident enough to know if something is a glitch or just a quirk in the way things work. We have been building a set using adapted midi tracks from our original recordings where possible. Many of these were created with Tune Tracks but don’t always translate to the same sounds or actions. Often high hats or cymbals just are not present. It looks like there is more to explore in the drum tracks tab, but that will likely have to await a fuller technical help and training manual. We have high hopes and have already purchased two of the pedals. Thanks for the great work so far.

Daefacator, you are the man…unless you’re a girl, in which case, this conversation just got awkward. Aaaanyway, the program works like a champ on my Mac (10.10 Yosemite) and I thank you for your tireless efforts and, despite some of the whiners on here, I appreciate you doing this! Writing software is not as easy as just punching a couple keys and I know that David has produced a quality product and sometimes you are simply at the mercy of your suppliers. You have gone above and beyond and I, for one, thank you very much.

Well, no, I am not a girl :slight_smile: You know, most likely there are no girls on the internet at all. All men are men, all women are also men, and all children are hidden FBI agents.

The problem is actually not in the “whiners” by far. People actually express very legitimate and sensible concerns. And this definitely can’t be written off as a “whine”. The problem lied in the player code that is running both on Windows and the pedal itself. Turned out it needed modifications to run properly on Mac. For visibility purposes, I must state, that correcting player code for Mac was done by an official BeatBuddy team, not me. All props for the fix (and for the originally erroneous code as well) goes to them :slight_smile:

There is a huge difference in my book between saying “Meh, this is crap”, and "Meh, this is crap because ". Real reasons pending, not “because reasons” of course. Only one of these gets called “constructive criticism” :slight_smile:

Hi Daefecator!! Is there a way to change the Mac version ICON to the Windows Icon which is the BB Pedal? Thanks!! I appreciate all you do!!

Most likely yes, but as far as I googled for how to do that, I need some insane icon in thousands different formats like 8x8, 16x16, up to 2048x2048… Anyway, I have no idea how to do this quick because, as DavidE correctly stated, I am an avid apple hater :slight_smile:

Could someone give me a QuickStart list of how to create songs in the BB so I can use the foot pedal to go from one to the other? I don’t necessarily get it what I’m suppose to do…
Thanks.

Start by reading the tutorial post and watching the videos. The official version are very similar to the Mac beta.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/bb-manager-tutorial.1522/

I assume you have read the beginning of this thread?

Yes there is a way to change the icon but I’m not telling… :mad:

Ok OK ill tell you it is stupidly easy.
make sure you have an icon of course.
find the application
command plus I key or right click choose show info
drag the icon file over the top of the icon image in the top left corner of the info window mouse pointer will change to a green + symbol, let it do and its done so its a simple drag n drop just make sure its the top left image you drop it on not the big one in the middle.
another way is with this free program http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24764/liteicon
just select beatbuddy app from the list of app icons and drag a new one on. can change any icon on the system too.
I zipped a few drum type icons but there are tons of others available or make your own