BeatBuddy Manager -- Mac Beta

Mikehind, all they need to do is state when they expect it to be released and I’ll go back to sleep. I’ve stated that I would really like it soon. Enough said.

Um. No.
All they NEED to do is run their business how they see fit to run it.

David, when do you expect the Mac version to be released?

Oh right! thanks, got it now.

Sorry about the confusion.

I’m trying to open the beta BBManager for Mac. Is it supposed to open in Google Drive? I followed the instructions supplied by Daefecator, but I feel I’m missing something. Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Well, that’s not accurate either. They need to deliver what they promised. They have not. Hell, I’m still waiting on my COSM CD and I have sent a separate request for it.

No, you need to download it to your computer, then extract it.

My not just make video of a Mac download,instal,create song,save to SD,and Play being it seems I’m not the only one having problems,be a Hero!

Amen @Six Strang ! Take a cue from TC Helicon. They have a total operations team of like seven people (per their post) and have way more products with hardware, firmware and software complexity that dwarfs Singular Sound. Yet, 2 of their guys are ALL OVER the forums with great transparency and responsiveness and making useful videos to help the non-technical users actually use their products to their fullest potential. There’s a benchmark for you. If they can do it with only 7 people and more than 10 highly complex core product lines, then Singular Sound really has no excuse for not doing at least making it easier for a core customer segment to use their one product.

The company you are referring to is not at all a novice, and it has already been on the market for some time.
I believe Singular Sound will eventually be there.

Regarding the actual question about the video, unfortunately I don’t have so much leisure time, as I have to do other things to support my living. By the way, I don’t own a Mac to fulfill your request as well.

Still, you can refer to Psalm40’s videos - they will help you with pretty much everything except from downloading and installing the Mac version. Mac beta version comes without an installer currently. Just unpack the archive and put the folder BBWorkspace next to the BBManager app.

Deaf, it seems you still are not getting it. Its not about age or maturity of a company’s products. Those are irrelevant to prioritizing customer/user satisfaction. TC Helicon key execs have prioritized customer satisfaction, user instruction, ease of use,responsiveness and incorporating voice of the customer into their development cycles. They over-communicate. They do not over-promise and under-deliver. They deliver what they can but make the customer experience for what they deliver as good as possible.

Unfortunately, I am not in the position to comment on this issue of yours.

Then why do you answer @Six Strang with “I don’t have time” or “I don’t ‘this’ or I don’t ‘that’”??? Stop speaking for the company when requests to the company are posted. We are not asking them to boil the ocean. We want the company to make more videos. We want the company to deliver what they promise and we want the company to be responsive and reasonably transparent. I’ll stop now on this thread because it’s clear that the company isn’t listening. They’ve prioritized publicity, marketing and events like NAMM and have dropped the ball on customer communication and satisfaction. As soon as someone else offers a reasonably close alternative solution (a matter of time) with only an ounce more of customer responsiveness it’ll be painfully obvious what I’me talking about to Singular Sound mgmt. Or, if they sell the company to another company, it’ll be painfully obvious to the users why Singular Sound wasn’t more attentive to their needs.

AMAZING, the level of entitlement here. It’s mind-blowing.

Mike: I’ve been there with these guys and gone on tirades regarding the company’s absolute failure to deliver their product in a reasonable time frame while failing to communicate adequately with its paying customers. I still feel the same way. They either hired the worst software programmers of all time or did not devote adequate resources to the software development. I can’t think of another possibility.

That being said, I’m happy to have Mac software at this point. If the official software team isn’t done with the actual release very quickly, my opinion will be reinforced. But at this point the company has been saved by the user base from Psalm and Daef to all those putting songs online. I’d rate the company’s performance as a C-. My opinion.

I have no idea of what C- is as I got used to C++ mostly.

How have those tirades worked out for you?

Any actual results? Or do they just end up making you mad and upset an frustrated
Life’s a whole lot easier and more pleasant when you stop expecting people to do things the way you want them to… especially when they’re under no real obligation to do so. Happiness is the most important thing in this life. “Going on tirades” isn’t helping anything and it’s certainly not going to help you find happy.

Ah, a programmer joke. :-))

Mike: I expect a business to deliver on their promises after taking my money. And yes they have an absolute obligation to do so. To try and argue otherwise is ridiculous and for them to not deliver will doom the company.