BeatBuddy Manager Software Distorted Sound: Solution Testing

hi guys!
i just got the beatbuddy a couple of days ago, so i’m a new member to this forum.
just a few minutes ago, i hooked it up to my computer for the first time and got the distorted, stuttering sound.
quickly found this thread and tried this testversion.
it worked right away:)
turned down the buffer to 50 and was distorting and stuttering again, so i gradually increased the buffer to 91 and now it runs as it should.
i have windows 7 64bit i7 3.50ghz, 16gb ram, rme babyface soundcard…
shouldn’t have any problems…

Having problem with distortion. Cannot find the BBManager.exe file.

I have tested this with similar good results. Used 88 but I’m sure 80 works just as well. My question is, with so much evidence of what the problem and solution is why don’t they release a production version with features to adjust buffer like the test version?

That’s a good question…
I will pass this along for a discussion.

As far as I know, this was just a proposed solution for test and we can safely conclude now, that it really helps.
If there are no other issues (like deteriorating sound if you make buffer size big), this solution will make it to the release.

one small issue that happened to me after i had tried different buffersizes, was that when i was done and wanted to watch youtube, the sound from youtube played back in slow motion (i think it was also distorted).
no big deal, cause when i restarted youtube the problem was solved, but it might be worth mentioning…

Having problem with distortion. Cannot find the BBManager.exe file.

unless you’ve changed the installation directory, you’ll find it here:
BBManager installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Singular Sound\BBManager)

I can not find (C:\Program Files (x86)\Singular Sound\BBManager) help please.

1. Press Win+R (two buttons simultaneously). Or press Start > Run.
  2. Type in (or copy-paste) the following line
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Singular Sound\BBManager”
    (with quotes!)
  3. Press Enter.
  4. Found.

To be honest, if you installed BBManager to other location, you should check there. It is impossible for us to say where you’ve unstalled it to.

If you happen to have a desktop icon, you can right-click it, choose Properties (the last menu line), then click on File Location button. This should open the folder where you have your BBManager.

I can find “C:\Program Files (x86)\Singular Sound\BBManager” but when I open this the BBmanager.exe file isn’t there. What do I do now?

Depends on what you want to do.

Please keep in mind, that by default, Windows hides file extensions. So you will most likely find the file “BBManager” (without “.exe” part) there. If it has a BB pedal icon, it most likely is the “BBManager.exe” you are looking for. You can make sure it is the file you wish by right-clicking it, and selecting “Properties…”

I have renamed the BBmanager.exe file to BBmanager.exe.bak and downloaded the test version. When I go to extract the BBmanager.exe.bak file through 7zip it wont let me and the message ‘can not open output file C:\Program Files\Singular Sound\BBManager.CRT’ appears on the screen. How can I extract the file?

try changing the name and add .bak, after you’ve extracted the file (not when it’s zipped)?

I have tried that as well but the same message appears

I can’t get it. HELP

What version of windows are you running 32bit or 64bit? 32 bit won’t have the Program Files (x86) directory.

32 bit. Now what to do?

x86 means 32bit doesn’t it (and x64 = 64bit)? Just look for your Program Files directory with no x86 in brackets.

You should look in “C:\Program Files\Singular Sound\BBManager”.

I have located the file but it wont let me extract it. I am running 32-bit if that is any help. I’ve tried extracting it before and after adding .bak to the file but still having no luck. Any suggestions?