BeatBuddy Manager Software Distorted Sound: Solution Testing

Can you please explain me in details what you want to do so I can assist you?
So you say you have located BBManager.exe. It is not supposed to be “extracted”. You simply rename it and call it a day.
You then download the archive file from this topic’s opening post, and extract that archive file to replace the file you have just located and renamed.

Finally got it sorted!! Minor confusion on what had to be extracted but thanks for clarifying it for me. Much appreciated, cheers!

I still can’t get it.

try another program to unzip it?

Try updating a user driver.

Fixed my problem when using Firewire to my PreSonus StudioLive 1602 mixer. Huge thanks. 96ms works best overall for me. On faster tempo’s I can use lower buffer. 96ms works for everything including 70bpm. Windows-7 64bit OS, i7-2600k overclocked, Asus mobo.

I still can’t get it.

User was infracted for this post. What are you talking about? I still have distortion on the BB Manger.

I’m using my HP vista 32 bit laptop into my 600 watt PA … it sounds clearer at 180-200 .
Most posts have said under 100. … Interesting .
( even stu bass lines for good measure … two thumbs (Y) )

Please follow instructions in my post #29 and report what exactly is unclear for you.
Are you sure you want your problem solved?

Hi, I’ve been trying for a couple hours trying correct the latency issues with BB manager but to no avail. Does any one have a step by step video on how to correct this issue?

I have a Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 mixer running to my computer just wondering if this is the source of my issue and if anyone else had a similar setup and figured a way to correct it? Also; could I just run it from the midi port on the Studiolive and still use the BB manager?

Is there a buffers setting on the Presonus which you can adjust?

Yes, through a software called Universal Controls it’s like a virtual control center for the mixer and you can adjust: sample rate, clock source, safe mode, and buffer rate through it. But I have tried all manor of possible combinations and have no luck correct the latency issues. Not sure what I am supposed to do when David’s instructions say, “Open the .rar file and extract the BBManager.exe file and place it in the BBManager installation directory.” Any clarification on that would greatly appreciated. Thanks. Any chance of a new firmware update with the ability to adjust buffer rate through BB manager without having to download a “test version” in the near future that would be a god send for issues like this. Not trying to be a dick just saying.

Sorry, I thought you had already loaded the test version and done this. I have never used it myself but you need to follow the instructions to the letter. If you detail the steps you have done and where you are having issues I will try and guide you further.

The rar file is a compressed archive like a zip file, so you will need a separate app to open it, there is a tutorial here on how to do that.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-unzip-folders.1835/

Got it going. Thanks for everything!

what was your final buffer time Richard?

100usky!!! It’s fun I didn’t have to touch it all I had to do was to run the “Test Version”.

Same here. I just replaced the original BBManager with the new Test version and it cleared up all the distortion on my Dell XPS M1570 Laptop using the default setting of 100 ms. Thanks for the new test version! Works great!

Hello Folks. I downloaded this little “Fix It Test Kit” and got it to work perfectly but you’ll never guess where I have the Buffer set. I have Vista I am working with and the only setting that doesn’t have a distortion in the sound is at 165 and there is no delay, pause, or anything and everything works like a charm. I tried the suggested lower settings but nothing works. It is very touchy though. At 160, it distorts and at 170 there is also distortion, but at exactly 165, there is perfect operation. Don’t ask me why and it sounds “Outragious” but it works for me absolutely perfect. Just thought I would let you know. Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.