BeatBuddy Manager -- Version 1.33

How do I move a song to a different folder in this version? And what happened to the settings tab??

Dragging songs is on the way to BBManager and will come soon.
In the meantime, you can export the song in one folder then import it to other one.
Settings tab was removed. This behavior is now being set straight through the pedal itself.

I missed the settings tab however as a user here discovered - that as he was using the new firmware when he was synchronising it was overwriting the settings in the BB. So it is better to leave setting adjustments just to the BB.
The system of creating set-lists and folders has not changed in this version. This mainly fixes the bugs in v1.32 and adds the cool beat indicator feature which I find very helpful when practising or auditioning beats.

Please see this thread: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-software-distorted-sound-solution-testing.1569/

Hi @DavidE – we will get the Mac version done regardless of whether people volunteer - that would just speed up the process.

Yes, we believe that this new version is largely bug-free (with the exception of the distorted sound issue that have affected some users, which we’re working on). So we consider this a fully operational non-beta release.

I am sorry for the really long delay, but I feel I have a more suitable solution for you that is currently waiting an approval from David.

Ok sounds good, Thanks.

I updated the software and synced with my SD card, but after putting back the SD card, the BB did not update.

What are you trying to do? Sounds like you are trying to update the firmware but to do that you need to copy the firmware files to the SD card - you can’t do it through the manager software.
Follow the instructions here.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/your-beatbuddy-just-got-more-awesome-firmware-update-version-1-29.1512/

In order for the BeatBuddy to update, you should put firmware files on your SD card. It is a separate download.

Oh, my bad.

when I opened the file, they are different format with [SIZE=6]Firmware update! Version 1.29. I still can not update it.
here is the pic:[/SIZE]

BBManagerWithLibMinimal-bundle is an executable file that installs the software to your computer. It is not needed on the SD card, and you are safe to remove it.

To update the firmware, you will need to go to http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/your-beatbuddy-just-got-more-awesome-firmware-update-version-1-29.1512/ download it, and append three files to your SD card, namely,

app.bin
boot.bin
MLO.bin

Hey guys,

I just downloaded and installed version 1.3.3 It looks great. I did notice that the pause button on the foot pedal (on the computer software version) does not function. Did I install it incorrectly or is this a bug in the software?

It has never worked and now that the settings have been removed from the software altogether i doubt it will ever work. It is just a graphical representation of the foot pedal; the left button allows you to audition the accent hits but the right is a dummy. I mention this in one of my videos probably the 2nd, I suspect they could make it a permanent pause/unpause but the software does not allow you to test the pedal configuration.

Is there anyway to run this on Win XP???

Any one know if there is any way to run this on XP

First XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, hence unsupported by Singular sound secondly the hardware of many XP machines can’t cope as the BB manager software is quite resource intensive. Thirdly it may crash regularly, loops don’t start correctly, samples get cut off, distorted sound - most of that is due to the hardware.
If you are willing to put up with that - yes it is possible to run v1.32 but I have not heard of anyone running v1.33. Details are here, please read the full thread and the follow the instructions.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/error-code-0x80070643-when-installing-software.443/

There were many improvements and bug fixes made in 1.33. 1.32 was the initial beta and does have some bugs that you need to be aware of. I detail these in my 2nd tutorial video. Personally if you can, I would try and run it on a more modern OS.

The more I think about my post above the more I think it is a bad idea. Not only due to the issues I mention above but also because user content created here using 1.33 will probably not work under 1.32 causing you all sorts of frustrations.
I would recommend it only if you use the standard stock beats or if you make your own and only need to create a setlist.

Finally figured out how to install 1.33. Took me forever but I got it in and it works fine. I downloaded songs from this forum in the BEATS section and loaded them into the Beatbuddy and that seems to work fine . The songs work fine on my Beatbuddy… .

Here’s the thing.
The volume on my Beatbuddy is now at half volume from the 1/4 output jacks L and R and it sounds tinny with no Bass
I dont understand it. I have the volume knob all the way up 2.

I’m now using the mini stereo headphone jack on the side next to the 1/4 L and R outputs and the mini Headphone jack sounds like full volume and full bass.so that sorta fixs my problem but…[B]

Is there something I did to make it wrong or some adjustment I can make to use the 1/4 output jacks [/B]or could my unit be defective ?
I tried differant cables etc/etc and nothing works.

Thanks in advance