BeatBuddy Manager -- Version 1.33

I don’t have a beat buddy yet but I need to know if I can use the software with XP.
Also on some of the demos I have listened to the hihat and cymbals are much too loud for my taste. Is that something I can adjust or is the balance between the individual drum instruments fixed?

Please read my post in this thread a couple of post up.
You can adjust the overall volume of the instruments in the individual drum kits - a drum kit editor tutorial is on the way.

Where is the mainouts going? What have you got plugged into them?

I was using the L ( mono ) Output plugged into my Fishman SA220.

Now I’m using the stereo mini jack. I use a adaptor to make it mono Like this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31fhhwvrlHL.SL500_SS120.jpg

Both the L and R outputs are at half volume now. The Stereo out is normal. Very odd. It’s not a cable or connection.

Also if this helps. I run a iPod into the L input. Even that volume is halfway when using the 1/4 output jacks. When I use the Stereo mini output jack both the iPod and the BeatBuddy sound fine.

I use a Mac computer. I have OS X 10.6.8 installed on my machine. I was able to use the last version of the software on my mac using winebottler (As was suggested in another thread titled “Cheap Mac Workarounds”). The problem for me is the following:

The new Mac Beta version written by Daefecator will not install for me, as I think it was written for 10.10 or something like that. I would love to install this as it seems to be getting great press here on the forum.

My other problem is that this update to the windows version, which is now considered non-beta, (Beatbuddy Manager V 1.33) also does not install using the winebottler trick that I used on the last version.

So I seem to be stuck on Version 1.32. This is a pity as there are loads of songs that have been uploaded since V1.33 went live that are now not compatible with the older software.

I guess I was wondering if the Mac software can be made compatible with older versions of OSX or if there is a way to install V1.33 using Winebottler.

I hope someone can help with this.

This is crazy!!! What I wouldn’t give for a smart phone version where you press UPDATE and it UPDATES. I have multiple windows open, I revert from one to the next. The actuality does not match the instructions. There is no SELECT FOLDER button, then there is, but there is no SAVE button, then there is, but when I push SAVE, nothing happens. I lose everything,start over, open multiple windows so i can read instructions, etc. HEY! I’m a freaking musician. Do I have to be a Tech GURU simply to update the program? Sheesh. I updated the program just three hours ago, to 1.2.9, then when nothing works I find that there is even a later version, 1.3.3. Why the HELL didn’t I get the latest version when I updated three hours ago!!! I go to the BB website, and there is nothing there about downloading the latest version of the firmware. Can you guess I’m frustrated?

I devoted 6 hours tonight to this thing tonight, and tomorrow, guess what I want to do. PRACTICE MUSIC!!! But, no, I’ll have either calmed down and start again, maybe with some kind help form Daefecator, or I’ll say to hell with BB for another three months, and play the old way, with just my instrument and my voice. by then, there will be another update, but will there by an easier way to update? I hope so. Good night. It’s 2 a.m.

Well, the software indeed needs polishing. The updating is currently manual, and, yes, this is very inconvenient :frowning:
I hope newer versions will streamline the process.

By the way, you are talking about some sort of SELECT FOLDER button, what would you need that for?

I totally understand your frustration, and I’d definitely help you overcome the initial steep learning curve of the BBManager!

I feel your pain brother :slight_smile:

Not sure how this adapter is cabled but it looks stereo to the 1/4". When I need to pull a mono signal off a stereo jack I use a Y cable so that both L and R go to different jacks. If plugging a mono 1/4" into this jack, the tip and sleeve(ground) will go to the 1/4 cable and the ring and sleeve will short the other channel to ground. The unshorted channel may play but not good for any electronics to run shorted. Not the case here but rule of thumb is also not to join L+R (tip+ring) to recombine stereo to mono and to use a mixer for correct impedance between the two. BB doesn’t have a Pan setting on output so assuming it is middle. The original problem is odd, the 1/4" mono left would be a cleaner signal than a headphone amp out and a different impedance. Maybe a DI box would help or an line/mic level setting on the fishman side that should be line, just a thought

How long to recover a pass word to this dumb down loader crap. Why cant you just up date it from the existing version? Lame download procedure.

What password?! As for why you can’t update the firmware through the manager software - clear and simple, it breaks it, so they removed the option! I don’t know if this will ever work, however I am sure there are many who would prefer other features more than an easy way to upgrade the firmware as it is not difficult if you follow the instructions.

I recommend you clean up your system. Sounds like you already have some “download manager helpers” in your system that DO NOT in fact help you with anything, acting more like viruses instead.

New BB owner here, trying to download and install the latest OS version, but I keep getting this:

[SIZE=6]Error (509)[/SIZE]
This account’s public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Anyone else seen this?
Thanks.

While the dropbox problem is being solved, I’ve uploaded BBManager (Windows 1.33) to my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9LXvRHhc7bHbFlFYi1CSEhvWG8

hi BB crew,

Many times I’ve attempted to download the BB manager but it keeps stating
[SIZE=6]Error (509)[/SIZE]
This account’s public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

What’s going on? Please help. Cheers, Will…

the first priority for me for me is to simply(?) save tempos and kits so I can use the external pedal to advance through a sequence of the preset songs but with tempos and kits saved to my tastes

(bending down is really hard and awkward)

Is there a video with only the absolute basics of set building with nothing fancy?

@lovesinging Check out our tutorial on the BeatBuddy Manager: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/bb-manager-tutorial.1522/

I’d check @Psalm40’s videos as well.

You need an external footswitch to step through the songs in a folder. To create new folders you need to use the BeatBuddy manager software - details of how to use this are readily available.

NEW VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-1-40-windows-mac.3782/