BeatBuddy songs and kit database online

Actually, the most recent BBManager version should never have problems importing songs made with old versions.
Only using previous BBManager versions for importing songs created with newer ones will fail.

Guys, what do I do with the file when I download it? Do I drag and drop onto the sd card? Also which player should I download to play files on Windows as I can`t play them atm? Thanks in advance.
Jack.

You should use BB Manager. Import songs (.SNG) and drumkits (.DRM) into bb manager, and you can preview the songs directly, arrange them into folders etc, then you can sync the bb manager to your sd card. You also manage your drumkits with this program.

I never touch any file on the card directly.

the ā€œWorkspaceā€ has a bunch of files that the bb pedal uses, and inside the workspace, you can have one or more ā€œprojectsā€.

Your SD Card = one particular project.

Personally I have a project for the pedal (creatively called ā€œpedalā€) and a project for all the original bb songs (Blues 1, etc etc), and another project for extra stuff.

Then, I made a copy or two of all this, for fun :slight_smile:

Thanks aashi , this is a screenshot of my BB Manager . The drum folder is empty. Should I download BB Manager again or do I import files from the sd card? [ATTACH=full]1300[/ATTACH]

Thanks Chicago Joe!

Most excellent Chicago Joe, many thanks, keep it up!

does anyone know how to set the bb to 3/4 time in the country genre? all I can find are 4/4 time.

The time sig is set in the song, not in the BB. You need to download, write, or purchase songs in 3/4.

the website seems to be goneā€¦ is this resource still available somewhere?

Welcome, Roy. It looks like http://www.beatbuddytools.com/custom-beats/ is down however, the Resources section is available.

Hey all -

In the words of Paul Rogers, that site is Gone, Gone, Gone. BeatBuddy asked me long ago if they could assume that role, so I gave them all the data that Iā€™d collected, and they merged the capability into the MyBeatBuddy site here: http://mybeatbuddy.com/beatbuddy-tools/beatbuddy-beats/

Peace - Still love BB, just not running that site (at their request to take over that function)
Joe

Thanks, Joe!

This is (or was?) a great resource and it really should be community owned and run IMO. Hopefully the team at BB keeps it up to date but with no way to submit new entries or otherwise edit the content, doubtful thatā€™s going to happen in its current form and knowing where it likely sits on the official BB staff list of priorities :(.

So, while itā€™s great that BB wants to be active and assume the role itā€™s critical that they actually be active and how about providing a clear and direct means for more community participation in the submitting new songs and/or directly updating the list?

where did this database go it was the best

http://mybeatbuddy.com/beatbuddy-tools/beatbuddy-beats/ but it appears that users can no longer post to or update it.

Awesome, good stuff!

Is this link still up? I just tried to check in on it and it fails

Search using ā€œdatabaseā€

Hereā€™s the link.

Thanks Bootsy, that is great and very helpful, the one I am actually after though is the one that Stu said was there so that you can download all his songs in one file and not individuallyā€¦