Beds Are Burning - DOP, OPB & OPBk (UPDATED)

Requires:

• Mod (or NP) SuperBassG
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware ≥ v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: Song, chords & lyrics and midi source file

Download Here

Midnight Oil

Notes:

• What’s updated? Different source file (not included); 2 new versions; adjusted velocities; refreshed cheat sheet.
  • UPDATED 07/17/2022: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

v1 DOP______________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 OPB______________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v4 OPBk_____________Final Lead Synth & Liverpool Bass

Includes: 3 songs and Chords & Lyrics

Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil.zip (83.1 KB)
1736/160

getting older 2

1 Like

Hi Persist. Thank you for all that you do for the BeatBuddy community. This is a personal request. I frequently must change the keys of the songs you post at the forum before I can use them. In the past you provided a midi file version along with the sng versions so this was possible but lately you only provide the sng versions. I have had difficulty using the BeatBuddy manager software to convert the sng files back into midi files. I hate to ask because of how much you already do for us BB users but if it is not too much trouble, would you please return to including the midi version of the songs that you post. Thanks again

Thanks for the kind words.

I usually include the MIDI source file as long as it’s not from a commercial source and I try to work the song up using the key it was recorded in.

You might have a couple of options though:

1. Depending on your BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) (Windows or Mac), you might be able to successfully export to MIDI and edit in a DAW. This would be your best option as long as your BBM supports it.

Or,

1. When I update a song I’ve done, I leave the original post and most of those will probably have a MIDI source file.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi d…I got into tweaking files for the same reason as you. Changing key. Even though I use an ancient (2011) MacBook Air with only 4 GB RAM REAPER works quite well. I use it so much I paid their asking price and never regretted it.

Simply exporting the MIDI directly from BBM if its not available usually works. I made .txt files of my favorite drum kits to label the REAPER MIDI window with but even without the MIDI map you can easily spot the keyboard parts at the top, drums in the middle and bass at the bottom of the window - with the exception of a few kits that had the bass in the higher channels.

Capturing only the section you need and using the transpose function in the REAPER MIDI drop-down window then exporting the still combined file as a MIDI channel to install on BBM works well.

1 Like