• Count-in included
  • UPDATED 09/07/2022: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

v1 DOP______________Rock
v2 OPB______________Rock_V2_Bass_2_31

Includes: 2 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Boys Don’t Cry - The Cure.zip (27.6 KB)

@richardjashmore

Thanks very much for doing this Persist. However, the version with the bass is in the original key, and I play the song one whole step down - so, G, Am, Bm, C.
Is there anything I can do to lower the bass on V2, or does it need to be completely re-done? Not knowing the creation process, I have no idea how you make the drum tracks or the drum and bass tracks, so I am reticent to ask you to redo this one with bass in a different key, since I really don’t know how much work is involved…

I will transpose the bass over the weekend.

The songs I transcribe are usually posted in the same key as performed or recorded. The takeaway is that if a user needs something in a different key, it’s best to ask upfront in the original request. :smile:

Yes, fair enough. Point taken.
It’s just that I hadn’t figured out I would need to drop the tuning at that stage, but there again is another takeaway for me.

1 Like

Persist is amazing and helped me out a ton over the years so I tried to make his life easier since i had the time.
Here’s Boys Don’t Cry in G:
Boys_Don’t_Cry_in_G.sng.zip (9.3 KB)

2 Likes

I agree. He is amazing, which is why I felt so bad for asking him to redo something he did for me only. I really appreciate you doing this, Booty, for the effort itself and also because you have saved Persist the bother. Cheers, mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, not sure why but I can’t seem to import this song into the Beat Buddy manager. It keeps coming up with this message:

• Delete the old version from your computer
  • Download the file from Bootsy’s post and unzip to desktop
  • Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File - Import - Song

This time it should work.

I have problems exporting songs from BBM sometimes. There’s a certain process I need to go through and I’m guessing I didn’t do that with my original post.
Here it is again and should work:
Boys_Don’t_Cry_in_G.sng (10.7 KB)

All good this time and working. Thank you both very much and sorry to be such a pain :slight_smile:

thanks great work .