Can I use MIDI In to change MIDI Maestro pages?

I use BandHelper (app) to to send program changes to my MIDI devices (Fractal FM9, Plethora X3, ToneX, Boss RC-600) when I select a song and it works great. I would really like to use it to send Page changes to MIDI Maestro also. The MIDI Maestro has a MIDI in port, but I cannot find any information concerning what MIDI commands to send to change Pages. If it cannot change pages via MIDI what is the MIDI In port for? Changing pages seems like a very useful MIDI command for it to accept.

Thanks.

1 Like

This link may provide you some helpful ideas Can the Maestro pages be changed by midi?

1 Like

So the answer is no? We cannot change page with MIDI?

That post was three years ago. I was hoping it might have been added since then.

I was hoping to jump from Page 1 to Page 5 without having to tap a button 4 times (by using MIDI to automate it.) But if it is not possible, I will have to deal with it.

Put it on the wish list for MIDI Maestro. Thanks.

2 Likes

This is possible if you can use one button on page 1 to redirect to page 5 :thinking:

But I agree that midi page change would be a good feature :relieved:

I think that it enables you to route the midi messages through Bluetooth and/or through midi out :thinking:

Here is an example how I might use it:

Current setup:

MM ← Bluetooth → MobileSheets
MM → BB → HX Stomp

So if I had also HX Stomp → MM then I could send midi commands from HX Stomp to MobileSheets or BB etc :relieved: I’d just need to make sure some device doesn’t have midi merge activated :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, that is true. And I have buttons on each page that jump back to Page 1. But I want MIDI to automate going to Page 5 (and 4, and 6) when I select specific songs in BandHelper regardless of what page MM is on at the time. MIDI would be the only way to do that. But MM, apparently, is not set up for MIDI Page changes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

We have received your request and will notify you once it has been reviewed.

The MIDI IN port can be used to connect another MIDI Maestro, for example, to forward MIDI messages through the second MIDI Maestro. This way, you can use two MIDI Maestros to achieve a 12-button setup, but there are also various other ways to utilize it.

Please note that you can connect the Footswitch+ to the MIDI Maestro, allowing you to easily navigate through the pages.

If you have more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out!

Thank you.

1 Like

I checked in and no, the MIDI Maestro itself does not respond to any commands, you can use the MM itself and the MM app to set a button to open a specific page. This is called a “Redirect”.

If you have any further questions, let me know!