Can you "mute" the microphone during loop with an acoustic instrument

Hi,

I have an Aeros Loop Gold edition that I’m super happy with.
I’m a cellist so with an acoustic instrument it’s already a luxury to have switches that don’t make noise!

But I would also like to be able to “mute” my microphone while I record the loop. I would like to not hear the sound of microphone in my amp if it is not a loop yet ! This way I keep the sound of my instrument when I record and the track is only played when it is in the loop.

This would also avoid sound feedback.
I hope my explanation is clear.

Does the feature exist or do you think it could come in the near future?

Thank you for your answers,

Simon.

Hello,

I ran into this same situation yesterday and this is my intended solution. Available at most stores but I found this at Sweetwater: Pro Co Panic Button A/B + Mute Box.

Clint

2 Likes

Thank for your answer.

I will look into this solution!

For now I have found a compromise with my mixer.

I deactivated the main output of the Aeros in the routing and I pass the Aeros through the mixer (to have simpler volume control) by outputting it through the monitor.

I have a Yamaha mg10xu which allows you to mute the stereo in the monitor and therefore I cannot hear the microphone in the amp. Only the Aeros hears it!

IIRC you can have the microphone on the aux input and change the routing of aux in the Aeros settings.

2 Likes

Currently I use a custom switching box to route outputs from Acoustic, Bass (real on stand or Octave out), additional Electric guitars, and a separate vocal/percussion mic in and out of the Right channel of either of my loopers. The L channel is dedicated to FX send/return on my Kemper for my main electric guitar. It’s a little click-y and can sometimes cause pops, so I’ve arranged two mini-tuners to easily mute either/or/both for the R and L channels.

I have been looking at some XLR switchers and A/B boxes… but strictly for muting I did discover a really unique device but it’s a little salty in price.

The Optogate is a proximity sensor that adapts between the bottom of your mic and the XLR. When you step up to the microphone, it opens… step back and the gate shuts. :astonished:

They’re 200-250 depending on the options you need, but I’m probably going to get at least one, because it could be useful for either band I’m in as well as solo looping.

1 Like

I had the same issue, I added this and now I can stomp mute my mic as well as mix up to 4 sources pre Aeros.

1 Like

Hey there,

just want to chime in that this is possible on the Aeros itself using the MIDI commands to edit the recording routing live

Read more about version 5.1.1 here

Here are all the new settings commands in 5.1.1, you can find all supported MIDI commands here

CC:45 Song Settings Command Value Description
Set RPO 0 Sets the Action buttons in 2x2 and 6x6 to Record, Play, Overdub. This means that the Aeros will first start/set-up playback and then give the option to overdub. If recordings can be committed immediately, the Aeros will enter playback once the action button is pressed.
Set ROP 1 Sets the Action buttons in 2x2 and 6x6 to Record, Overdub, Play. This means that the Aeros will first start/set-up an overdub and then give the option to commit the overdub and playback. If recordings can be committed immediately, the Aeros will begin overdubbing once the action button is pressed.
Recording Source: Toggle Main In Off/On 2 Toggles the Recording Source: Toggle Main In setting
Recording Source: Toggle Aux In Off/On 3 Toggles the Recording Source: Toggle Aux In setting
Main Input Routing: Toggle Main Out Off/On 4 Toggles the Main Input Routing: Toggle Main Out setting
Main Input Routing: Toggle Aux Out Off/On 5 Toggles the Main Input Routing: Toggle Aux Out setting
Aux Input Routing: Toggle Main Out Off/On 6 Toggles the Aux Input Routing: Toggle Main Out setting
Aux Input Routing: Toggle Aux Out Off/On 7 Toggles the Aux Input Routing: Toggle Aux Out setting
Click Routing: Toggle Main Out Off/On 8 Toggles the Click Routing: Toggle Main Out setting
Click Routing: Toggle Aux Out Off/On 9 Toggles the Click Routing: Toggle Aux Out setting
Toggle VU Meter 10 Toggles the Toggle VU Meter setting
Toggle RPO/ROP 11 Toggles the RPO/ROP setting
Click Toggle 12 Toggles the Click setting
Toggle Count In 13 Toggles the Count in setting
Count In 1st Track 14 Toggles the Count In 1st Track setting
Toggle Cancel Recording 15 Toggles the Toggle Cancel Recording setting
Toggle Stop Song 16 Toggles the Stop Song setting
Toggle Change Part 17 Toggles the Change Part setting
Toggle Mute/Unmute 18 Toggles the Mute/Unmute setting
Toggle MIDI Mode 19 Toggles the MIDI Mode setting
Toggle MIDI In: Start 20 Toggles the MIDI In: Start setting
Start: 1st Recording toggle 21 Toggles the Start: 1st Recording setting
Toggle Send Stop at Empty Part 22 Toggles the Send Stop at Empty Part setting
Toggle Expression Pedal 23 Toggles the Expression Pedal setting
Toggle Stop Fade Out 24 Toggles the Stop Fade Out setting
Toggle Start Fade in 25 Toggles the Start Fade in setting
Toggle Mute/Unmute Fade 26 Toggles the Mute/Unmute Fade setting

Hope this helps thanks for the question!