- Count-in included
- This was a fun song to transcribe. Finding the right MIDI source file and in the right key was a challenge and I wanted to find and use a train horn for the start of the song but, I did not want to add the train horn to an existing user-created drum set opting instead to use the horn as an accent hit. As you start to play the song, you can play the accent hit. For those that have the time and inclination, they can built the wav file into any existing kit and trigger it within the MIDI file.
- Link (in blue font) to new user resources
Song version_________Suggested kit
v1 DOP______________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 OPB______________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v3 OPBk_____________STAX AcousPiano & 2119 Hammond
Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file, wav file for Train whistle and Chords & Lyrics
City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie.zip (3.0 MB)
Disclaimer: Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
One of favorites! Thanks!
Very cool, nice sound!
Can you point to a tutorial on integrating the WAV files? I’ve never been able to make that work in my BB. I transferred the .sng file over to the BB with the manager, that’s about it.
By wav files, I’m assuming you mean for the accent hit, correct?
Here’s the Cliff Notes of what I did for this train horn wav:
- Searched the Internet for sample of a decent train horn; you can search using the terms below; sorting through all of the results was probably the most time-consuming part of the steps involved.
- train horn sounds samples;
- train horn wav files;
- I used the first term and came up with lots of search hits:
- The key point is you want to use something that’s free and available in wav format;
- Preview and download any of the samples;
- I used a DAW to trim the wav to just the sound I wanted and saved it to the desktop. You can also use Audacity: https://www.audacityteam.org
- Save the wav file to your desktop so it’s easy to find;
- If you’re on a Mac, you’ll need to clean up the wav file’s metadata; use a free program such as Tag Stripper ( Mark V Apps ) or NCH Switch ( Convert Audio Files To/From All Audio Formats. PC/Mac Audio Converter ) to clean up the wav file and make it useable by the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM);
- Launch the BBM and click on Accent Hit and navigate to your desktop and select the wav file and press Open; save your project; preview the sample; if it plays you’re good.