Converting MP3 to .sng

Im new to the world of midi, and I’m also in a crunch, so my question is can you convert mp3 files to sng to use with Beat Buddy. I have some drum tracks (mp3) but I need to convert them to a usable for the BB.

Or is the anyone who would like to make some coin building some drum tracks for various songs.

Thanks

Welcome, Greg32433. I’m not sure there’s a good free mp3-to-midi converter out there. If there is, I’m sure somebody will weigh in with their recommendation. I’ve seen commercial versions but I can’t vouch for how good they are.

Have you searched the Resources section of this forum for the songs you want? If they’re not there, refer to this link for posting requests to the forum: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/when-asking-the-forum-for-a-song.6030/

Although many BeatBuddy (BB) users prefer the flexibility of the traditional formatted (verse-chorus-bridge) BB songs, it requires more effort to assemble so you’ll find that the majority of songs going up in Resources are one-press (OP) or one-press with bass (OPB). To use OP and OPB songs, you will need the latest beta of the BB Manager, which you can ask for here.

Thank you for your reply, I will go read that thread, and may request the Beta so I can try these

In theory, you could convert the mp3s to WAV files, and trigger those. Here’s an example I made for fun:
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?resources/public-enemy-fight-the-power.242/

Wow pretty cool idea. I’m going to explore this technique.

Now if I install the Beta, will I still be able to use the other song files I already have? If so who do I need to contact to get the beta.

Yes, you can. Check your forum Inbox, please.

i wana try out the beta version too, can u send it to me too?

Hello,
i know this is an old topic. But my issue is related to it. hope you all can accommodate me.
Correct me, if I am wrong. The BB can only play back in “sng” format.
I have a backing track in MP3 format.
Yes, I can play direct from my IPAD but that would mean another separate connection when come to this song. And also disrupt my setlist flow.
Question is, is it possible to add a MP3 and add to my setlist on BB.
Thanks all if you have this solution

Hers how to covert an mp3 to a wav: 3 Easy Ways to Convert an MP3 Into a WAV

Hi Phil / All

I followed all the instructions.
Until this par below. I can’t understand.
Can someone direct me to a you tube video of there is one. Mainly Method 2
——————————————————
Method 1 - Start a new Logic Project and add the wav to a blank audio track. You will now have a visual representation of the audio track. Create a new blank midi track. Add a note at midi 36, or whatever midi drumset location you chose for your wav. Drag the right end of that midi note to match up with the end of the wav, one long note. Select and export just the midi track. This will be your midi file for the BB .sng.

Method 2 - If you know the length of the song in minutes and seconds, you can skip adding the wav file to the Logic Project. Just create the midi track. Set the Logic clock display to minutes and seconds rather than beats and bars. Then, add a note at midi 36, or whatever midi drumset location you chose for your wav. Drag the right end of that midi note to reach the time required for the song - one long note. Select and export just the midi track. This will be your midi file for the BB .sng.

I’ll post a step by step tutorial with graphics. I don’t know how to make videos with screen capture.

Here is my new illustrated tutorial with resource files. Music contained herein is all copyrighted to me.

Backing tracks illustrated tutorial with files.zip (17.9 MB)

1 Like