DON'T LET ME DOWN - BEATLES (OPB+HAMMOND) Complete Re-write

This is a complete rewrite of a past post to include Hammond (Billy Preston’s part), better Ringo drumming (kick is now exactly BETWEEN the beats in the “Dont get me down” measures), and correct tablature including ALL of Harrison’s licks, solos and John’s licks. It also includes tab for George/Paul doubling up. George’s very pretty licks over the "Nobody … " bridge is included too. (remember that the starting measure is 5/4, not 4/4 … thats another correction)

Uses NP STANDARD BASS HAMMOND (thanks to Phil Flood)

Pick and choose what parts you want to try … it all works as the BB beat is “fuller” and contains more bass as well as the Hammond. READ THE TAB CAREFULLY … lots there, I tried to make it as complete as possible.)

IF you want to hear a good recording, forget all other Beatles versions and listen to the version on Let it Be … Naked. This BB version/tab is closest to that. (like the “Rooftop” concert.)

DONT LET ME DOWN.zip (72.7 KB)

6 Likes

Really nice job on the re-write for this song Phil… You did a lot of work to get things right, and it is appreciated…

Thanks… enjoy.

i would like to quantize that song, but when i try this the drum kit changes

Perhaps you should read Phil_Flood’s comments about quantizing Song making

1 Like

whats is the difference on 2 files?

Hey Phil - thank you so much for making these (and others), they’re incredible.

I have a question about how you’ve set these up in beatbuddy - when I load them, I see a “null” track with no sound seemingly for the “main” loop, and then the entire song lives on the “outro” loop. I’ve seen this on other full songs on the forum.

• Why are these songs set up this way? (I’m guessing it’s because an outro loop only plays once, so it’s an easy way to ensure the song doesn’t loop?)
  • But given that … how the heck do a stop and restart them using the BB pedal? I can’t figure it out, it seems like once it’s in an outro loop it REALLY wants to finish.

Thanks so much,
David

Ok… I set these up this way because I want the song to end in its own rather than looping. I put a null in the manual n section… that loops indefinitely allowing me to “see” the bear and get ready to play.
Just to let you know, I use an external foot switch and have it programmed to start the outro (the song) when I tap the switch. For me it works very well and when I was gigging it was ideal.
I’ve always found that the pedal itself didn’t have enough functionality for me. With the foot switch I can start/stop, pause, advance to next song etc etc. Just works much better. I’d suggest getting one.
As far as I know, if you do t have the f/s, double tapping pedal starts the outro. Check the manual for the various taps and how to enable/disable them.

Just wanted to say thankyou for this. Really good piece of work.