EHX 95000 integration with BeatBuddy

Has anyone had a chance to try the recently release EHX 95000 with the BeatBuddy? How does it work with midi sync and start/stop, etc?

I’m wondering how it compares to other loopers that seem to work well with BeatBuddy - such as the Pigtronix Infinity Looper. I wasn’t terribly impressed with the Boomerang Looper - as it would start/stop recording on the next beat - instead of next bar.

The EHX looks impressive.

Dave

If experience with other large EHX models is any indicator, it should work well.

I would also like information on synching BB with EHX 95000 as I purchased this looper and am considering buying the BB. Thanks!

I just bought one because I found out the ditto x4 seems to be incompatible with beat buddy. I’ll reply here with my findings later today after I’ve had some time to play with it.

After an hour or so of plying around I had to force myself to stop so I can post this…

match made in heaven!

MIDI sync I start the bb drum intro and ehx 95000 automatically senses the beat and starts its own count in. Loop starts recording on the 1.

For me personally the 95000 is perfect for what I do as a performer.

3 Likes

hello.
I have the 95000 ehx with beatbuddy and it works perfectly.
To improve the interface between those two machines, I add a FCB1010. This midi footswitch can send a midi message with multiple orders and receivers (ex: in the same midi message launch a fill on BB and go to the next track (song) on 95000)

1 Like

Hi - I’m totally blind and I’m having trouble getting my EHX 95000 and Beat Buddy to work together. Does anyone know of step-by-step instructions or a video demo on how to integrate them? I’d really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Im also having same issue i cant get the 2 talking, i set the 9500 to external clock and then i just get silence… I need some help with this really, im getting nowhere in weeks

@gr33nmachin3 Are there any other devices that successfully MIDI sync with the setup you are doing? (Meaning synced with the BeatBuddy and/or synced with the EHX 95000)

The reason I am asking this is to assess whether the issue is on the BeatBuddy’s end or the EHX 95000’s end.

Once we have this info we can more effectively isolate the issue and find a solution.

How to avoid four red blinking record lights at start and stop looping while EHX1440 and BB sync’d.
Example BB song: Santana, Evil Ways.

The Aeros Looper, works excellent with the BeatBuddy,