Free MIDI editor designed for BeatBuddy

Hello. I’ve been trying to edit Midi files with Logic ProX. I downloaded the Beatbuilder 1.0 and find it difficult. I play a midi file but it does not scroll along in real time. I have a new MacBook pro. Any suggestions. I’m ready to quit the Beatbuddy

This is what I was doing that was time consuming and didn’t work.

¿ Successful down load - but where did it go ?

Hi all! How can I set a panorama to the instruments of the drumkits? The beatbuddy has stereo-outputs, so it should be possible to hear the drums in stereo, am I guessing right?
BB comes with a number of drumkits, but all sound like mono, is that right?
Thanks!

You need to create your own samples with the instruments panned as you like. Then create a drum kit and place those panned instruments in the kit. If you search through the drum kits on the old forum using the search term “spread,” you can find some of my kits that used this technique.

It would be cool to pan the instruments directly in the BB manager

1 Like

ah, yeah

Ok, thanks for your answer!

Are there any further upgrades planned for BeatBuilder? In particular midi files with bass notes so when you save it the bass notes don’t disappear?

I’m surprised the BeatBuddy Manager Midi Editor has not had some serious work done to it. It’s great once you suss it all out but not being able to play from a selection (having to start playing from the start) is so damn frustrating. I’m surprised this hasn’t been included yet, as well as simple copy and paste options. :thinking:

Although it would be nice, I don’t know if the Beat Builder will be updated as it was developed by one of the forum users.

We all share your frustration about the lack of an updated BBM. Users have made many suggestions as to what could be improved Singular Sounds has been focused on squashing the bugs and improving the performance before they make any badly needed improvements.

What is the latest version of Beat Builder and where can I download it?

Using this forum’s Search function, you would find it at which is this page that you posted to :upside_down_face: Free MIDI editor designed for BeatBuddy

Use your browser to find 2.1 or jar.

It will require Java to work so if you don’t have that on your computer, you will need to Google it

1 Like

I’m a newbie. Sorry for the question if it has already been answered.

Is this different than the editor built into the BeatBuddy Manager software?

Thanks,
dawnpgeo

Different and better.

Great ! I will give it a try. Is there a tutorial or is is self explanatory?

Not sure there ever was a tutorial and it seems reasonably easy to figure out.

Thank you so much for the information !

I made a short video.

3 Likes

Great !! The interface looks easy enough. I will be giving it a try soon. I see cut and paste functions, too!

I can’t figure out how to delete time. When I highlight and hit Delete nothing seems to happen. If I only apply notes to a small section, will it only output that section in the midi file? If not, how do I delete all of the extra time all the way to the end.

Please pardon my ignorance. :slight_smile:

BTW, VERY nice functionality. Cut and paste is wonderful !!!

dawnpgeo

I’m not sure how it works for the program you’re using, but I use Mixcraft and it only includes the length of the measure that has notes within each quarter of that measure. So for example, lets say I’ve got 2 bars of time open but I only put midi notes in 1 bar, the exported midi file will only be one bar (that loops over and over again). The second bar that didn’t have any notes in it will not be included. So if I wanted that second bar to be included as silence, I’d have to put a note in the last quarter of the measure and simply place the note in a location that doesn’t trigger an instrument. Hope that helps… but again, not sure if all midi software works this way.