Freedom 90 - DOP, OPB, OPBk

George Michael

Notes:

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 SUB-Standard Pro Plain
  • v2 SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
  • v3 STAX 4 octave piano & strings (strings were not used as I only needed the piano)

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Freedom 90 - George Michael.zip (182.2 KB)

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too; PM if interested). There are a couple of exceptions: at my discretion, I might fill a new user request (or two); the other being if I really like the song requested.
  3. How many ornaments did we try to hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
  5. Multi-tasking: The art of doing twice as much as you should, half as well as you could
    @Laur3n
1 Like

do i have to make any change on mdi numbers to sound good? ir is sounding very strange the drums is wierd
im using * v3 STAX 4 octave piano & strings

I’ve listened to v3 and it sounds okay to me. What is it about the drums that sounds weird to you?

1 Like

thanks. manly the begging. the percussion

thanks man

Hi mate, I’m relatively new to the beatbuddy world and started downloading several songfiles, including yours, I have a question, why the drums sounds of these song files sound so bad in relation to the original drum kits and bought ones from beatbuddy, such as studio legend or ludwing kit? there is a lot of difference in sound, presence and heavy, why does that happen? who makes the song files can’t use these original drumkits? this is not a criticism, it is only a doubt. thank you so much

As you read more on this forum, you’ll find a variety of reasons of why the user-created content may not have the same audio quality as the default stuff:

• the BeatBuddy (BB) system is limited to 100Mb of memory for drum sets and it was never created for anything other than drums; within this limitation, users have ingeniously “hacked” the BB system to allow use of other instruments besides drums;
  • because Singular Sound content is only drums, they use that memory exclusively for the drums and thus have a higher audio quality (more samples of varying velocities, etc.);
  • the user-created kits have the same 100Mb memory limit and in order to fit drums, bass and other instruments, they have to share that memory; this means that there may be fewer drum samples (and thus. diminished audio quality);
  • since I don’t sequence or program songs, I rely on available MIDI source files of varying availability and quality (I use what I can find :crazy_face:);
  • my skill, ability and experience (or lack thereof) to transcribe a song that results in a reasonable rendition; usually I can get a MIDI source file into a ballpark for the BB but if users expect a note-for-note or an exact duplicate in terms of tone, style, feel and what-have-you, it’s pretty much a crap shoot.

Many users have learned how to use a DAW (digital audio workstation) to transcribe songs or beats into something that suits their needs and tastes.

1 Like

thank you very much