Getting the BeatBuddy to work with the Infinity looper

Hello Persist, having a hard time with the looper. Sure wish there was a dedicated forum regarding the infinity. I’m having mainly timing issues. I just want to make and save songs. I’m trying to do Daytripper, maybe that’s the problem. That song has a lot of parts…

Same here. Wish Pigtronix would host a forum so users could discuss how to make their loopers work better. Some users do share their feedback on TGP looper threads but it’s not a dedicated functional and technical users forum.

Thanks for the tip. I visited the site and became a member. Sounds like I’m not alone. I have faith in this looper!

It’s a good looper and can be used with your rig in a couple of different ways. The Pigtronix folks do their best to resolve issues that are brought to their attention.

1 Like

I had dramas when i first hooked them up - updated firmware on both and has been a dream since! Such a fantastic setup.

Hi everyone

Just joined forum. New to BB & Infinity Looper which I have had for a few weeks.
Been able to find my way round BB which seems to have much support.
Not so with Infinity Looper, in particular one issue maybe someone has come across.

It concerns running the Pigtronics setup program via USB which my particular set up (W10) is reluctant to do.

At first, I go the message NO LOOPER FOUND

I then discovered I had to run the program as administrator.

This worked after first going thru an initializing ceremony and I was able to access all the parameters. Great I thought… until later on in the day I tried again & it would not open after initialization.

I got in touch with Pigtronix support who, to be fair, were quick to respond. After running through a few things that didnt work I was told to format the SD card which was done internally. Much to my relief this worked and the program loaded! I thought issue was solved until some time later I tried to access the program again & I was back to square one…

Support at Pigtronix are a bit sick of me now as they are not responding. Before I send this unit back I am wondering if any IL users here may have any suggestions.

I have tried different leads, a W7 laptop, cleaning the SD card contacts to no avail.

Apart from the described issue, everything else seems to function as it should.

Cheers…

I seemed to have tracked down the problem to corrupted files on the SD card.
Reformatted card & downloaded new image from site.

Thanks Pigtronix. You were no help at all. I guess with most of this highish tech stuff we are all on our own…

Hi Vangelo (and anyone else who can help!) -
I have two issues with Infinity and Beatbuddy:

1. I have a similar issue when I try to run the Pigtronix Infinity Application (on my Windows 10 PC). I run it as ‘Administrator’ whereupon it opens a window with some text starting with ‘Software Version 2.110000’ and ending with ‘Disk Format Version 5, Disk Format version not recognised’, and then a second window opens with the ‘No Looper Found’ message. I assume this may mean the SD card has corrupted files. Please can you explain in simple terms how you reformatted the card and then downloaded a new image from the site? (I find the Pigtronix website fairly confusing!).
  2. Before trying the Infinity Application, I had previously set up Infinity and Beatbuddy (plus B’buddy footswitch) together briefly, and initially all went well when in ‘Parallel Loops’ mode. However - with Infinity in ‘Series Loops’ mode, the B’buddy pause/unpause function did not stop/restart the Infinity. I assumed this might be due to outdated firmware, hence my foray into the Infinity Application…

Any help on the foregoing would be gratefully received. Thanks…

A couple of previous posts that might help a little:

And here’s how to reformat the SD card in hopefully a little more “Dick and Jane” terms. This will reformat the card to factory default.

• Power up the Infinity while holding down the Series Loops button.
  • When you see a “r” on the seven segment display, let go of Series Loops.
  • You’ll see the display flash between ‘r’ and a number.
  • This number represents the number of presets to format the Infinity with (5= 50, 4= 40 etc).
  • You can change the number of presets with the preset encoder.
  • Once you’ve got the number you want, press down on the Preset Encoder and wait for the Infinity to reboot. It will have formatted itself with the correct number of presets to the factory default settings.

Bob…nightmare isnt it?

I tried all the internal reformatting which didnt work.

The guy in post #11 from this thread was a godsend:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/infinity-looper-format-larger-sd-card.104993/

I have to say now that I have got Infinity/Beatbuddy working together I am a bit bored. Studying the looper market I have invested in a Digitech Jamman Solo XT. Now, if you can figure out how to use the thing, a pair of Solo XTs synced with the new Digitech SDRUM should be a killer combination!

Thanks persist and Vangelo. I reformatted, reinstalled and updated everything, then tried to open Infinity Application with Infinity connected to my Windows 10 PC but the same ‘No Looper Found’ error message showed, so the App would not open. I then dug out my old Windows XP laptop and connected Infinity to it, opened the App and it loaded correctly. So for now I’m happy to use the XP laptop. But should the App work on Windows 10?

Since reformatting, etc., two new files .Trashes and .fseventd and one .-.Trashes file have been added to the Infinity drive, but I’ll leave them alone unless problems continue.

I haven’t yet connected the Infinity and Beatbuddy together, so I don’t know if the pause/unpause issue in Series loop mode has been resolved. I’ll post again when I’ve tried that.

I recall reading that Pigtronix might have been having problems with their app working on Windows 10 but I think the same applies to several 3d party apps not working or behaving as expected with Win 10.

I’ll try to test the Series loop pause/unpause but probably won’t get to that until early next week so I’d be interested in hearing how it goes for 'ya.

Bob…did you get the new image on the card using Win32Diskimager? Thats the only thing that finally worked for me after losing more hair :mad:. I also tried old XP & Win7 laptops before doing this but they would not work.

Of course, app needs to be opened as administrator, and on mine it worked on W10.

Its so frustrating that we need computer skills to get this stuff working:confused:

Vangelo - yes, I went carefully through the whole procedure so (as far as I can tell) I did get the new image on the card. The Infinity app still won’t open on Win10, but it does on XP. Maybe the original app would have worked with XP ! I agree entirely about the frustration involved, but where so much stuff is based on digital technology (and particularly where there are compatibility issues between products from different manufacturers) I suppose it’s inevitable that some computer skills are required. However, what doesn’t help is having poorly written instruction manuals, etc., and Pigtronix’s website seems to contain a number of outdated articles and links that make matters more confusing.

persist - I just tried the infinity and beatbuddy again, and the pause/unpause function works correctly in series loop mode. Hurrah!!

Late to the party just bought both the BB and Pigtronix Infinity Looper. I also have an EHX Canyon delay pedal. I am trying to get the BB hooked up and working correctly with both the looper and delay pedals. How would I go about this? It seems like I have to run the BB on its own without being connected to the looper and delay.

If you don’t have the MIDI adaptor cable for the BB, you will need to get one. You will also need MIDI cables to connect between all of the pedals.

I bought the MIDI adapter cable from Singular Sound for the BB but it has two ends for out and in MIDI. Can I leave the in plug by itself and plug in the in end of it to the looper MIDI in connection? How does that work? Do I also need to hook in a patch cable from the BB to the looper and if so where would that go? Sorry I am new to all of this!

The cable plugged into the BB is an adapter cable. You will need to get a pair of regular 5 pin Midi Cables. To just get midi out of your BB to sync to the Looper. You will connect the 5 pin cable to the OUT connection from the BB, to the IN connection of the Looper. You won’t need to have a 5 pin midi cable connected to the IN of the BB right now. The Canyon delay is not a Midi device. If I had your rig, I would set it up as follows:

Guitar>Wah>Delay>Looper>6505 front in. These are all 1/4" connections.
BB>6505 effects return. Also 1/4 connections.
BB>Looper. This is a Midi connection.