Getting the BeatBuddy to work with the Infinity looper

Vangelo - yes, I went carefully through the whole procedure so (as far as I can tell) I did get the new image on the card. The Infinity app still won’t open on Win10, but it does on XP. Maybe the original app would have worked with XP ! I agree entirely about the frustration involved, but where so much stuff is based on digital technology (and particularly where there are compatibility issues between products from different manufacturers) I suppose it’s inevitable that some computer skills are required. However, what doesn’t help is having poorly written instruction manuals, etc., and Pigtronix’s website seems to contain a number of outdated articles and links that make matters more confusing.

persist - I just tried the infinity and beatbuddy again, and the pause/unpause function works correctly in series loop mode. Hurrah!!

Late to the party just bought both the BB and Pigtronix Infinity Looper. I also have an EHX Canyon delay pedal. I am trying to get the BB hooked up and working correctly with both the looper and delay pedals. How would I go about this? It seems like I have to run the BB on its own without being connected to the looper and delay.

If you don’t have the MIDI adaptor cable for the BB, you will need to get one. You will also need MIDI cables to connect between all of the pedals.

I bought the MIDI adapter cable from Singular Sound for the BB but it has two ends for out and in MIDI. Can I leave the in plug by itself and plug in the in end of it to the looper MIDI in connection? How does that work? Do I also need to hook in a patch cable from the BB to the looper and if so where would that go? Sorry I am new to all of this!

The cable plugged into the BB is an adapter cable. You will need to get a pair of regular 5 pin Midi Cables. To just get midi out of your BB to sync to the Looper. You will connect the 5 pin cable to the OUT connection from the BB, to the IN connection of the Looper. You won’t need to have a 5 pin midi cable connected to the IN of the BB right now. The Canyon delay is not a Midi device. If I had your rig, I would set it up as follows:

Guitar>Wah>Delay>Looper>6505 front in. These are all 1/4" connections.
BB>6505 effects return. Also 1/4 connections.
BB>Looper. This is a Midi connection.

Thank you kind sir!

Here is what I have thus far:

https://imgur.com/a/IP0L6

How would I configure MIDI clock and settings on the BB with the Pigtronix Looper? I can get the looper to record all effects including BB drums, guitar, wah and Canyon delay or shut off each pedal and isolate loop recording which is pretty cool.

You’re gonna need to pull up the Infinity manual, cuz I don’t know offhand how to access the infinity settings. Essentially, you want the BB to be the Master. So in the BB, you are going to go into Main Pedal>Midi Settings. Set Midi Out to Midi Out. Channel - Select a Channel, you will need to select the same one on the Infinity. Sync-If you want the Infinity to Stop when the BB stops, select while playing. If you want the Infinity to keep going, select always on. Start - Depends on the song types you are using. If you use the OPBs from the Forum, have it set on Intro. If you have songs where the intro is always just an intro, try Main Beat. Stop - well, again, how do want the Infinity to react. Should it stop on a pause from the BB, should it only stop on the end, etc, you gotta make a choice. Notes - disable. Next part - if you are going to have different loops for different parts, you would want to enable this and then record in the looper accordingly. Time Signature, I would disable, but you might need to experiment with that one.

On the Infinity. It needs to be set up as Slave/Receive Midi clock. you’ll have to look at what other settings might need to be made to get it to respond to the BB for your music.

I hope that helps.

Understand. I used my portable Vox amp to connect the BB so volume issue is fixed and the looper now only records the guitar and pedal sounds without the drum beats. My setup:

This works better now as the BB has its own dedicated PA amp like system. For some reason, I think the BB sucks juice away from the amp pedals and the sound does not come out loud without own PA type speaker dedicated to it! I read earlier online that many had this type of issue and even my guitar teacher uses a dedicated PA system for the BB. I do like having option to not record the BB drums in the looper for a cleaner guitar sound. So far, I tested the following configurations on my new pedalboard

Wah->guitar
Wah->Canyon delay-> Pigtronix Infinity Looper-> front input Amp
Pigtronix-> RETURN effects amp
(back of amp)
BB-> Front input amp
BB-> SEND amp effects (back of amp)

Video of what I have now for the pedalboard setup:
https://youtu.be/bpOr5EucB4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3F3Y6GieUU

My first setup is great if you want to record both guitar and beat buddy drums as a single track.

Cool. Yeah, now that you have the effects send available, since the BB has its own amp :), I’d run the guitar into the wash, then into the front input, then put the effects send to your canyon, followed by the looper, then back into the return.

Cool yeah that is pretty much what I have setup now and works great on my amp and pedal board. I am running the BB to my portable Vox mini G3 amp and that works well enough so I can get loud enough sound for the BB and the wah and delay pedals work perfectly. The only thing I notice is the built in distortion is not coming through the Peavey 6505 tube amp head now with the wah and delay pedals. Not sure how to fix this or to just get a distortion and overdrive pedal and add to my pedalboard chain. Not really a big deal since I live in an apartment and cannot play too loud as not to raise the dead or shake walls and windows. Really love the wah and Canyon delay and the Pigtronix looper is awesome.

I have a brand new BB and a brand new Infinity, both have current firmware.
I connect both together, Midi out from BB to Midi in at Infinity and set up midi on the BB - Midi out,sync Start,main beat and Stop,end.
Yes it starts, records and stops, playback starts but the tempo of my recordings play back 40 percent slower than original and are
totally out of sync with the BB. I have the looper
set up to series playback. and 1x ( not sure what that does though )
I’ve tried the suggestions from Persist, turning off Midi sync doesn’t help to just use start and stop and I’m not technical enough to go
into the Infinity application to use BB as slave though I did manage to download it and to upgrade the firmware.
I have tried various combinations on BB Midi settings to no avail could I be doing something wrong on the looper ?
Any suggestions would be welcome, I bought the Infinity to Midi couple with the BB but have not managed so far to do it and I only have one week left on the suppliers returns policy before I consider sending it back. I really hope I can solve this.

Here’s Hoping.

Bummer you’re still having problems. It sounds like this may have something to do with your looper’s Varispeed. You can try following the steps in post 21 here http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-and-infinity-looper-different.1940/page-2 to see if this helps. The next to last paragraph might help. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, let me know.

Just a simple thing that I may not understand, member “19Frets” talks about ending a loop to early or late?
Have I got this wrong, I thought that the length of a loop was determined from when you started to record on the Infinity to when you finished recording the first phrase and stopped it, any overdubs had to be contained within that space or ( I’ll feel silly if this is right ) do you have to set the length of a loop before you record it somehow ?
Or am I just not getting this.

[LIST]
[]Let’s clarify what x1 means first: turn to page 23 of your Infinity Looper User’s Guide; 3d para down explains it as “The multiplier displayed on the LED bar to the right of the Sync Multi switch determines the length of Loop 2 relative to Loop 1. At x1, the lengths of Loop 1 and Loop 2 are identical, and they begin and end at the same points. At x2, Loop 2 is double the length of Loop 2. Etc.”
[
]You don’t have to set the length of the loop before you record it. You do want to make sure you don’t have a configuration issue. I’ve included screen shots to show you my looper app settings.
[]Is your Infinity set to 4/4?
[
]Have you tried turning MIDI Notes Off using the Infinity app?
[]Is your firmware updated to 2-1-0 or 2-1-1? Make sure it is
[
]Once you’ve got your settings correct, it will just take a little practice with the looper and BB to get the hang of it.
[*]However, if you’re still having problems, you might want to reset your looper’s factory settings
[/LIST]
[ATTACH=full]7316[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]7317[/ATTACH]

This is my screen shot, similar to yours.
I have checked " Ignore Midi Notes " as has been suggested, only problem is I don"t know how to save "cos when I quit and reload
the Application it still appears unchecked. I also thought to change the VarExp in the top corner to “Volume” thinking it would turn Varyspeed off, another suggestion, do you think this is so? but again when I reloaded it hadn"t changed.
How do we save these changes? I now understand what you explain about loop length, thanks.

sorry screen shot has disappeared

Sorry to mither but under ‘Remote Mapping’ your screen shows ‘reverse’ mine shows ‘stutter’ would it help to change this?

[LIST]
[]Make sure your USB cable is good and firmly seated at both ends
[
]Change Varispeed to the setting I have.
[]You leave the looper connected via USB to your computer and you make your changes.
[
]Just as the BB pedal stores firmware changes without having to save, the looper does too—the changes are stored to the pedal as soon as you make them on the app.
[*]Change it to reverse.
[/LIST]

Yes some progress now, I wasn’t checking the infinity screen icon properly, it disappears halfway through your actions if you don’t. I can now save changes and have managed to change Midi notes to ‘ignore’.
Also some success with looping! I was using BB to start and stop my initial loop but I was getting the sync problems,.
using the Infinity stop button instead of the BB stop button on the initial loop saves it in sync.
Thereafter I can use BB start and stop buttons to play and overdub without any sync problems’ just not in creating the initial loop.
This occurs in settings of “all” and serial light off, not got it working in serial properly yet but I’m working at it, maybe turning ’ stutter ’ off as you suggest will help.
Many thanks for your help, great forum.

Glad to hear you’re making progress. Once you get it set up and figured out, it should work well with the BB.