Getting the BeatBuddy to work with the Infinity looper

Not tried saving a loop to a preset bank yet following the instructions in the manual but what is your loop displayed as once saved and are you able to give it a name?
Can’t find an answer in the manual.

The Preset Display window on the looper can only display one character or digit at a time and would have to scroll through a name. For me, it simply was not practical to name the presets.

Fireside Picker ( again! ) What a shame, I was initially enthralled when I first opened my Pigtronix Infinity looper especially as I’d read in a couple of places that it performed well with the BeatBuddy that I had just bought ( together total £900 ) but I still have difficulty operating them together properly.
After initially receiving much support from this forum, many suggestions and information which I duly followed and which was very helpful and I couldn’t have managed without I am now once more stuck . I set up as Persist suggested, a while back, and I recorded 32 measures of a song successfully using BB midi as master, start and stop worked fine, both BB and infinity pausing together via remote footswitch, every thing in sync and saved it to a preset successfully. It downloads and plays without problems, good.

Using the same settings I attempted to record another longer song, firstly choosing a blank preset to use and secondly trying it on the zero preset. On both attempts, in all mode, timing went well out of sync with the BB midi clock and the pause function restarted the infinity from the beginning of the song every time instead of where it left off, and it would not let me record more than 32 measures before starting to play it back ?
Does this bear any significance to the 32 measures I recorded in the previous song saved in a separate preset ?

Overall I hope I am missing something but cannot think what at this stage, it;s probably down to my lack of understanding of the system but it did cross my mind that maybe there is a fault somewhere on one of the pedals, probably not. I would love to master these two pedals together because were they to function as I would like and they are supposed to it would be fantastic.

I have the latest firmware on both pedals and I have tried other midi leads with the same result. Should I have to set the number of measures of the song in a preset in Infinity application before recording a second song longer than 32 measures ? I hope you are be able to record a loop longer than that.
Because I find this quite complex I like to record a complete song on one loop, including chorus, or middle eight, rather than use series mode because this would allow me to concentrate on BB fills etc rather than having to think about pre-selecting loops during performance.
My songs are 3 to 4 minutes long.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions to help me solve this. ( before I go Barmy ! )

Trying to address your issues and questions in the order you present them:
[LIST]
[]Only thing I can think of is it sounds like you’re trying to overdub the contents of an existing loop or preset. Did you copy (instead of saving) the previous preset to a new preset?
[
]As to why it’s going out of sync between the BB and the Infinity, I’m lost.

[]As to why it’s stopping at 32 measures, not sure what this issue could be.
[/LIST]
Two suggestions:
[LIST]
[
]Give the looper 3-4 seconds to match the beat coming from your BB pedal—this is per a suggestion from the Pigtronix folks.
[*]Per p52 of your Infinity looper guide. You should be able to record and playback up to 2 hours.
[/LIST]

Page 53 in the looper user guide refers to ’ minimum and maximum loop times ', I’m afraid I just cannot get my head round this, is there a maximum loop1 time or length here, my knowledge in maths is limited anyway and this befuddles me ( and also my wife who to be honest is not a music buff but who is better educated than I am )
As I mentioned I cannot record a loop longer than 32 measures at which point the loop begins to play back automatically as I’m recording, thereafter I stop the loop and begin to play what I’ve recorded on the blank canvas zero preset and It’s all over the place with regard to sync with midi and notes going sharp or flat. It’s the same if I load a blank other preset and use that.

However if I stop the loop which I am recording before it reaches the 32nd measure there are no problems with midi playing it back etc except of course that it’s only half of the song.

I notice on the Infinity app. that there is a preset list with a box that seems to tell you how many measures are in a particular preset.

The only song I have is stored is in bank 2 preset one, which has, coincidentally, 32 measures recorded in it, and I wonder if this is significant to my loop length problems.

Tomorrow I shall delete the song in that preset and see if it makes a difference.
If that does not help I shall enter 50 measures in a preset via the application, load it up and see if I can record a 50 measure song that works ok. If it doesn’t I think I’ll have to find out how to set my pedal to default and start again if that is possible, I will let you know.

If any of this doesn’t work then, many thanks for your help with all this but I shall send an email to Pigtronix as I can only conclude there may be a fault in my pedal. I think with your assistance I’ve tried most possibilities.
When these pedals work for me they’re fantastic.

I think deleting that 32 measure existing loop will cure your problem. There is a setting within the Infinity that would treat an existing loop as the limit for length. I think you somehow have that active. I really don’t get enoug( practice with my Infinity and all of its options to give you more guidance, but, yes, I do believe the cause of your problem is in some Infinity setting.

I think the Infinity is acting as if you are overdubbing on that 32 measure loop.

Nope ! Deleted every preset, empty or not and it’s just the same except that I now get 40 measures before it stops recording and plays back.
I also tried recording without midi connected and it behaves in the same way, 40 measures only.
The more I try to sort this the more I get confused so it has to be an Email to Pigtronix now, I’m not expecting a prompt reply given the time of year but I’ll let you know what their response is in due course.

Ever since Ben Artes and hemogloben moved on from Pigteonix, Mike has been responding to Infinity issues. From monitoring other forums, Mike tries to help users but he’s not always very effective. Says he’ll research the issue and get back to you but most times does not. Hope you have better luck and that he provides you with an answer that fixes your problem.

Just sent Email, can only hope.

Just a thought, Current firmware download is 211 which I have done but my infinity is showing version 210, is this ok?

Yes but might be better to update to 211.

I was wondering about your Infinity SD card. If it got swapped out for a small one, that could be limiting your loop length.

Its a new machine surely one 40 measure loop cannot use up 8 gig memory

I agree. But not knowing if it was new or not, I can’t know what card is in there. If someone hijacked the 8 GB card and put a 128mb card in, IDK, 40 measures might kill it. I was just offering something to check. I’ll stay quiet now.

Just thought, Is current firmware 211? I say this because I thought I’d read it somewhere here, when I downloaded the infinity app a couple of weeks ago I updated my firmware and the app shows version 210.
Been trying to download latest app to see if it’s the same as the one I’ve got but my Mac doesn’t want to do it at the moment.

Phil Flood, don’t stay quiet I need you and I’m not well up on Gig byt’s and M bytes, you could be right, how can I check which is actually in there?

If you hook the pedal up to your Mac with the USB cable, it should appear in finder as a hard drive. Click on the Infinity hard drive icon, and then File>get info. It should tell you the size of the drive, which is the size of the card.

Followed your suggestion, it shows MS-DOS (FAT16)

CAPACITY 65.9 MB

AVAILABLE 33.1MB

USED 32,779,681 bytes ( 32.8 MB on disc )

I don’t much about these figures,. I have no saved pre-sets at the moment and these figures suggest maybe that you could be right, should it not show figures in gigabytes as it is supposed to have an 8 gigabyte card installed from new ?

I don’t think that’s the issue. I jut connected mine, and I get similar readings, so the SD card must be formatted such that the Mac doesn’t see the whole card. So then the only way to tell what is inside is to open it up, and I woudn’t do that with a unit under warranty that is giving you problems.

I agree but any idea how long you can record a loop 1 on1x