various artists (Trini Lopez, Sandpipers)
- I’ve always liked Trini Lopez’s version of this song and when I read on Aug 12, 2020 that he had passed away (RIP), it became the impetus to work up a cover of this song. As I worked on this song, I realized that it would be impossible to do Trini’s version justice so I found a good MIDI source file from my stash. Because I wanted all of the drum instruments, it limited my choice to just a couple of kits with piano and organ. Ideally, I would have liked to include the brass with the keys and have the full drum set but I worked with the available kits. The cheat sheet probably needs work and that’s why I left it as a Word document. I included a Song v4.mid file for a slightly different version with the piano and organ raised by one octave.
- Starts on the 4th hit of the HH count-in
- Link (in blue font) to new user resources
- v1 Standard Pro
- v2 SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
- v4 2082 Hammond with Bass 84+C1 (try it with the Hammond 2164 and PBass 84C1)
Includes: 3 songs, Song v4.mid (keys one octave higher; replace Song v4b) and Chords & Lyrics (Word doc)
Guantanamera - various artists.zip (110.8 KB)
- Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
- I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too; PM if interested). There are a couple of exceptions: at my discretion, I might fill a new user request (or two); the other being if I really like the song requested.
- How many ornaments did we try to hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
- Past remains prologue.
- Multi-tasking: The art of doing twice as much as you should, half as well as you could.