Guantanamera - DOP, OPB, OPBk

various artists (Trini Lopez, Sandpipers)

Notes:

• I’ve always liked Trini Lopez’s version of this song and when I read on Aug 12, 2020 that he had passed away (RIP), it became the impetus to work up a cover of this song. As I worked on this song, I realized that it would be impossible to do Trini’s version justice so I found a good MIDI source file from my stash. Because I wanted all of the drum instruments, it limited my choice to just a couple of kits with piano and organ. Ideally, I would have liked to include the brass with the keys and have the full drum set but I worked with the available kits. The cheat sheet probably needs work and that’s why I left it as a Word document. I included a Song v4.mid file for a slightly different version with the piano and organ raised by one octave.
  • Starts on the 4th hit of the HH count-in
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 Standard Pro
  • v2 SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
  • v4 2082 Hammond with Bass 84+C1 (try it with the Hammond 2164 and PBass 84C1)

Includes: 3 songs, Song v4.mid (keys one octave higher; replace Song v4b) and Chords & Lyrics (Word doc)

Guantanamera - various artists.zip (110.8 KB)

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too; PM if interested). There are a couple of exceptions: at my discretion, I might fill a new user request (or two); the other being if I really like the song requested.
  3. How many ornaments did we try to hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
  5. Multi-tasking: The art of doing twice as much as you should, half as well as you could.
3 Likes

Thanks @persist for all the work.

Quick questions:

Why do you provide the mid file in the Zip (compressed)?

Can it be used with Beat Buddy? If so, how?

Or it is to be used with other applications or pedals?

Hi. I include the MIDI source file in case users would like to transcribe the song to suit their own tastes. Usually requires a digital audio workstation (DAW) to transcribe and no, the file cannot be used directly in the BBM.

Ok, thanks!

Thanks Persist…

Skol… :beers: