How can i change bpm during playback on a OP Song?

When i save the midi file on the daw with the tempo change don’t want change on BB

But i know there is a song, rage against the machine killing in the name of with this tempo change.
I try to use this, but i dont have the * v2 NP StdPBass 63-91, i have only the * NP StdPBass 63-91 and i miss some notes.
So i do it by my self, but i cant handle the tempo issue between intro and verse, from 114 to 82 bpm
Home smebody can help me

Let’s take this step-by-step:

• The only way you can change the BPM in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) or BeatBuddy pedal is by using a workaround in a digital audio workstation (DAW). In Reaper I think it’s called time-stretching and in Logic Pro X, it’s a slightly different process for which Phil_Flood has shared tutorials on the forum.
  • Once that workaround has been done in the DAW, I don’t think it will be apparent with playing the song back via the DAW. When playing the changed song in the BBM or the BB, you will no longer see the tempo being correctly displayed once it hits the portion of the song with the altered BPM
  • Which digital audio workstation (DAW) are you using?
  • The *NP StdPBass 63-91 means you either have not downloaded or activated the drum set yet for the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).
  • Here’s a link to the NP StdPBass 63-91 drum set NP StdPBass 63-91 kit
  • How to find songs & drum sets on this forum

Hi, thx for the reply, im using logic pro x and the autor who made the killing in the name song refers to a drumkit named * v2 NP StdPBass 63-91. I have only the normal NP StdBass 63-91 kit and here i miss a lot of notes.
So i think i search for the * v2 NP StdPBass 63-91 drumkit for playing the song right or i need to know how i can change the tempo in my daw (logic pro x)

• NP StdPBass 63-91 is not a drum set. The * symbol is a warning that you don’t have that drum set selected in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM). You do have the correct drum set and all you have to do is to make it active.

To make NP StdPBass 63-91 active in the BBM, on the left side beneath the pedal, click the Drum Sets tab and a drop-down menu opens. Scroll through this menu until you find the NP StdPBass 63-91 drum set and check the box beside the name; this will make it active (click on the image to fully expand it)

Once you have done so, click on the Songs tab and if you look at the song now, the * should be gone

By the way, here’s a link to the BeatBuddy user’s manual: https://singularsound-publicly-downloadable.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/manuals/SingularSound_BeatBuddy-User_Manual.pdf You should find it helpful to learning more about your BB.

hi,
you misunderstand me, im sure its my bad english :slight_smile: i have all sets activities like this:

I think you have made this song killing in the name of and u write i need the V2 (version 2??) of the NP StdPBass 63-91 and i dont have it and so i think the killing in the name of will not correctly play on the BB?

And how can i change the Tempo on a song during play like u have it done on the song killing in the name of, u change the tempo after intro from 114 to 82 on the verse. Im using logic pro x.

Th a lot for youre great help

The v2 refers to the version of the song—not the drum set. I use v1 to identify songs with drums only (DOP); v2 is for drums and bass guitar (OPB); and v3 for drums, bass and other instruments.

1 Like

Maybe the edited version of the song will help: KILLING IN THE NAME OF OPB

hi, im very aprecied youre help, i had a lot to work and now im back on beatbuddy issues :slight_smile:
the sound is ok its working, but why it initiate on measure 2 and not 1 (When i press BB to start it beginn on 2/4)? When i try to change it on daw i lost the tempochange. How can i make tempochange on beatbuddy or how can i export them from logic ?

Not sure I understand all of your questions but I will try my best to answer:

Q. Why is it starting on Measure 2 and not 1?
A. Because I added a count-in of 4 closed high-hat hits in the first measure. The first note is set to a velocity of 1 so as to not sound.

Q. When I try to change it on digital audio workstation (DAW) i lost the tempo change.
A. I don’t know what you changed but if you removed the count-in and then cut the MIDI region in Logic Pro X, that might explain why you lost the tempo change. I’ve exported the drums and bass MIDI regions from LPX.
KILLING IN THE NAME OF LPX.mid.zip (2.3 KB)

Q. How can i make tempo change on beatbuddy?
A. You can’t easily make tempo changes in the BeatBuddy within a one-press song.

Within the attached MIDI file (which I exported from LPX after I edited the source file), I changed the BPM from 82 to 114 starting at measure 117 through the end of the MIDI region. You can change the tempo but you have to do so in the MIDI source file I provided for the song in post 5, above. To do that, you can try to follow the tutorial provided by Phil_Flood on this forum. Here’s the search results and you will use the text from parts 1 and 2 to guide you through the process. NOTE: Before the server crashed, the tutorials had attached images but they were lost so now it’s just the text that remains. You might also want to read the other threads in that link as well as they provide some useful information.
https://forum.singularsound.com/search?expanded=true&q=changing%20tempo%20tutorial%20%40Phil_Flood